hopeJourney

I-130 August 2021 Filers

479 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
5 hours ago, neveen&yomna said:

Hello everyone,

after 15 months waiting for I130 for my stepdaughter they send a request for evidence to send divorce decrees for my wife’s and myself previous marriages. We already sent both divorce decrees with the petition when we filed. What should we do, send them again? why would they ask for them again? I’m so frustrated. Anyone one knows similar cases?

Maybe what you send was not what they were looking for?  I know for my CA divorce, i had a one page divorce decree, and a multiple page divorce settlement.  I sent in both, and did not get an RFE.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
58 minutes ago, neveen&yomna said:

Thank you Troy B, Should I submit them online or mail them? how did you send yours?

I had sent them in when i filed the i-130 online.  As i mentioned, we did not get an RFE.  You should follow the directions of the RFE, which should indicate if you have to mail them or submit them online.  Also of note,  i got both the divorce decree and divorce settlement certified (a fun process while COVID-19 was new).

Edited by Troy B
add note about getting certified copies.

Hello everyone.

Yesterday We uploaded our evidence in response to the RFE we received and the status changed right away to "Response to RFE request was received" with yesterday's date. Woke up this morning and there were 3 e-mails from USCIS stating " We took action on your case" I logged in the account but there is nothing changed and no new letters under the document tap. maybe it's a system glitch? anyone experienced same thing?

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
10 hours ago, neveen&yomna said:

Hello everyone.

Yesterday We uploaded our evidence in response to the RFE we received and the status changed right away to "Response to RFE request was received" with yesterday's date. Woke up this morning and there were 3 e-mails from USCIS stating " We took action on your case" I logged in the account but there is nothing changed and no new letters under the document tap. maybe it's a system glitch? anyone experienced same thing?

After RFE received it took about 5 business days for me.  I heard few people got it in one day... keep watching it and you will get it in any time

Timeline
2 minutes ago, neveen&yomna said:

Thank you for responding. been reading and a lot of people waited for awhile till they got a response and that stressed me out😊. Can I ask what was your RFE for?

Marriage certificate.. which I included in my original filing, don't know why they asked again

Timeline
1 minute ago, neveen&yomna said:

Ours is for divorce decrees which we included when we filed also. Did you get approved after the 5 days?

YES. Approved.  don't worry yours will be approved too

On 11/15/2022 at 3:14 AM, neveen&yomna said:

Hello everyone,

after 15 months waiting for I130 for my stepdaughter they send a request for evidence to send divorce decrees for my wife’s and myself previous marriages. We already sent both divorce decrees with the petition when we filed. What should we do, send them again? why would they ask for them again? I’m so frustrated. Anyone one knows similar cases?

Hi I just have one question do someone got case is actively reviewed two times and do you what is that’s mean please let me know thank is reviewing your Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative are actively reviewing your Form I-130, Petition for Alie

• 4 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.