Natalia & Igor

N-400 October 2021 Filers

309 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Benin
Timeline
22 hours ago, PalRish said:

Hey! 
Maybe try loging into your online uscis account. Under documents, you can check if there is an interview letter. You can download the interview letter from there.

Thank you very much! I checked it but it’s not over there. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Chile
Timeline

I got my interview scheduled for March 31 in Philadelphia!! so excited :D

Interview Was Scheduled February 23, 2022
We are actively reviewing your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization. Our records showed nothing is outstanding at this time. October 28, 2021
We received your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, and sent you a receipt notice. October 18, 2021

xQPW.jpg

For with God nothing will be impossible

Luke 1:37

52 minutes ago, cablewyres said:

Hey Everyone!

Update:

I finally had my interview today without it getting cancelled! hahaha I passed it and an now just waiting in the USCIS waiting area to be called for the Oath Taking.

Wohoo! But dang, it was a good thing I was prepared to answer the officer’s questions. I was asked a lot of questions about my marriage and divorce:

When and how did I met my ex wife. How did we end up getting married. How long we were married. Why we divorced. How long were we living together and were separated. If were still married when we filed for my ROC. And she was going back and forth with her computer and my paper stack of documents which I submitted from way back during the AOS process which were already sitting on her desk.

But it wasn’t bad actually. I feel like I was overthinking on how they were going to treat me. As long as you have the answers to their questions, I think it went well and the officer wasn’t rude or anything. She was just doing her job. So, I managed to stay calm.

By the way, she did ask for my certified divorce decree! It was a good thing that my original interview schedule was postponed because that gave me time to request for a certified copy of my divorce decree. God knew and it all worked out.

I was then asked all the Yes or No questions. I was tested for the civics part:

What is an amendment?

What is the Constitution?

What is the capital of the US?

Who is the Speaker of the House?

What are three of the 13 original colonies?

Who makes the federal laws?

I was asked to read a sentence on a tablet and asked to write an answer.

After more questionings here and there, she took a photo of me and made me check my info on a tablet and made sure all my info were correct.

And then, I was told congratulations. I just need to wait in the waiting room again to be called for the Oath Ceremony.

And here I am, typing this out.. waiting Lol But, I’m so glad I passed. It has indeed been a journey everyone! God is good! 😊 

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Thank you so much for your message!

Does anybody have a pending I-751 along with N400? Today I received the notification for my I-751 interview, but nothing but "case is being actively reviewed" for N400 since biometrics was completed in Oct 2021. I don't know if I should prepare for a combo interview???

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belgium
Timeline

Hey everyone!

Had my oath ceremony Friday. The letter and website said only the applicant was allowed inside, no visitors were allowed. My wife and daughter came with me anyway, and it was a good thing that they did, because they were allowed to attend the ceremony! They said it was the first day they were allowing visitors back in, and the first office to do so. 

Anyway, I'm very happy to be done with this journey, thank you all for your help along the way and good luck to everyone else who's still waiting!

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, BlessedBunny said:

. What should I study? Where do I get the questions from?

Good Place to start https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DxKsNYfLGo

12 hours ago, BlessedBunny said:

I also want to know what documents should I take the day of interview?

Our officer wanted to see Birth, Marriage Certificates. We brought originals of everything we submitted and a few extra to show that we still live together. (Joint Bank Statements and Bills)

3 hours ago, Bob in Boston said:

Our officer wanted to see Birth, Marriage Certificates. We brought originals of everything we submitted and a few extra to show that we still live together. (Joint Bank Statements and Bills)

Hi Bob. Do I need to take my original copies? Like the marriage certificate not a copy... etc?

31 minutes ago, BlessedBunny said:

Do I need to take my original copies? Like the marriage certificate not a copy... etc?

Yes, that is important....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.