Bochog

Waiting for Interview in Manila

33 posts in this topic

We are waiting.  Cr-1 CR-2  Wife DQ since July 8 stepdaughter got delayed in NVC so just DQ Aug 31.  We are hoping that mom has been "holding the place in line" and now with daughter DQ they may both see some movement fairly soon.  Scrounging around here and elsewhere I was able find quite a few recent examples of cases at Manila where people had self-reported their DQ and Interview Letter dates.  For CR/IR-1 there really doesn't seem to be a significant backlog.  It Looks like those are moving pretty quick.  The situation with K-1 interviews remains apocalyptic though there does seem to be a modest uptick the last month reported.  I assume that other family categories have huge backlogs since they were almost completely ignored for close to a year but there seems to be some significant movement there the last couple months as well.

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

• December 17, 2020:  Married in Costa Rica
  • March 08, 2021: Filed l-130s Online
  • March 09, 2021: NOA1
  • April 26, 2021: NOA2, I-130s Approved
  • April 30, 2021: NVC Received
  • May 01, 2021: Pay AOS and IV Bills
  • May 06, 2021: Submit AOS, Financial Docs and DS-260s
  • May 14, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Stepdaughter
  • May 21, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Wife
  • June 25, 2021: NVC review for Stepdaughter, RFE submit additional Doc
  • July 08, 2021: Wife Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • August 31, 2021: Stepdaughter Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • September 15, 2021: Received Interview Date from NVC, October 05, 2021
  • September 22, 2021: Passed physicals at Saint Luke's Extension Clinic
  • October 05, 2021: Interview at US Embassy Manila. Verbally approved by US Consul. Positive interview experience.
  • October 05, 2021: CEAC status changed to "Issued"
  • October 07, 2021: Passports tracking for delivery on 2GO Courier website
  • October 08, 2021: Passports with visas delivered.  "Visas on hand"
  • October 08, 2021: Paid Immigrant Fee
  • October 12, 2021: Temporary CFO Certificates Received
  • October 26, 2021 POE arrival at LAX
  • November 02, 2021 Social Security Cards arrive in mail
  • January 31, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Is Being Produced"
  • February 04, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Was Mailed To Me"
  • February 07, 2022: Green cards received. 

24 minutes ago, top_secret said:

Well, to follow up my own previous post.....  Just now, like 45 minutes after I posted that.  Wife and stepdaughter simultaneously received Interview Letter e-mails scheduling the interview for Oct 5.

WOW!

That was quick! I hope F2A moves like this, too.

Been DQ since last year. Wife is still waiting for an interview schedule :( 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 9/15/2021 at 5:44 PM, top_secret said:

Well, to follow up my own previous post.....  Just now, like 45 minutes after I posted that.  Wife and stepdaughter simultaneously received Interview Letter e-mails scheduling the interview for Oct 5.

Congrats! Wish you well!

On 9/15/2021 at 4:44 PM, top_secret said:

We are waiting.  Cr-1 CR-2  Wife DQ since July 8 stepdaughter got delayed in NVC so just DQ Aug 31.  We are hoping that mom has been "holding the place in line" and now with daughter DQ they may both see some movement fairly soon.  Scrounging around here and elsewhere I was able find quite a few recent examples of cases at Manila where people had self-reported their DQ and Interview Letter dates.  For CR/IR-1 there really doesn't seem to be a significant backlog.  It Looks like those are moving pretty quick.  The situation with K-1 interviews remains apocalyptic though there does seem to be a modest uptick the last month reported.  I assume that other family categories have huge backlogs since they were almost completely ignored for close to a year but there seems to be some significant movement there the last couple months as well.

hello there im brand new here. I appreciate your updates. If you dont mind, where did you get this statistic from? "The situation with K-1 interviews remains apocalyptic though there does seem to be a modest uptick the last month reported" Me and my fiance have been approved and been sent to manila and waiting since Feb of 2020. Any updates on the K1 interviews today? Thank you!

Thats a massive backlog.  It estimates 6,900 which makes pretty good sense.  I notice the site says now "14.7 months behind expectations" but thats processing at the expected 470 applications per month, or basically getting back to normal which we know wont happen.  July 2021 was the highest month since March 2020 at 149.  If we assumed USEM could average 200 per month, that would still be a 34.5 month backlog.  Add on top of this, the 8-11 months to get the work and travel permit once the I-485 is filed and anyone who has recently filed a K1 (from earlier this year until) now, should likely switch over to CR1.  With the Zoom marriage viable and allowing people to get around meeting in a 3rd country, plus allowing the USC to apply for a Philippine visa to consummate the marriage, a K1 makes no sense at all.

Even if USEM could average 275 K1s a month, that is still a 25 month backlog + 8-11 months travel/work permit timeframe AFTER applying for AOS once in the US.  

Edited by flicks1998

The United States is now a country obsessed with the worship of its own ignorance.  Americans are proud of not knowing things.  They have reached a point where ignorance, is an actual virtue.  To reject the advice of experts is to assert autonomy, a way for Americans to insulate their increasingly fragile egos from ever being told they're wrong about anything.  It is a new Declaration of Independence: no longer do we hold these truths to be self-evident, we hold all truths to be self-evident, even the ones that arent true.  All things are knowable and every opinion on any subject is as good as any other.  The fundamental knowledge of the average American is now so low that it has crashed through the floor of "uninformed", passed "misinformed", on the way down, and now plummeting to "aggressively wrong."

43 minutes ago, flicks1998 said:

Thats a massive backlog.  It estimates 6,900 which makes pretty good sense.  I notice the site says now "14.7 months behind expectations" but thats processing at the expected 470 applications per month, or basically getting back to normal which we know wont happen.  July 2021 was the highest month since March 2020 at 149.  If we assumed USEM could average 200 per month, that would still be a 34.5 month backlog.  Add on top of this, the 8-11 months to get the work and travel permit once the I-485 is filed and anyone who has recently filed a K1 (from earlier this year until) now, should likely switch over to CR1.  With the Zoom marriage viable and allowing people to get around meeting in a 3rd country, plus allowing the USC to apply for a Philippine visa to consummate the marriage, a K1 makes no sense at all.

Even if USEM could average 275 K1s a month, that is still a 25 month backlog + 8-11 months travel/work permit timeframe AFTER applying for AOS once in the US.  

in my scenario, we got approved feb of 2020.. my fiance has recently emailed them and they said that they have had our document at the manila embassy since september of 2020. im really hoping we get some news soon because they have recently been getting back to my emails quicker than before.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am sorry we haven't updated  our k1 visa timeline. We sent our 129-f  to USCIS  on Sept 2, 2019. Our case has been ready in US embassy Manila since June 2020 and finally on 12th this month I received an email given me an interview date for Oct 7, 2021. So things are moving but it is slow.

Edited by BJ&V
USCIS received on Sept 5, 2019

45 minutes ago, Bochog said:

At least you guys are in Tier 2 of the priority list. My wife is in tier 3 :(

If she is F2A look at the visa statistics on https://visawhen.com/consulates/manila/c21f21 and notice that in July, the last month reported, US Embassy Manila issued about 3 times as many visas as their historical average numbers in that category.  After a year of issuing almost no visas in that category there must be a significant backlog, but it does seem they have started making a meaningful effort to at least start trying to address it.

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

• October 05, 2021: Interview at US Embassy Manila. Verbally approved by US Consul. Positive interview experience.

16 minutes ago, top_secret said:

If she is F2A look at the visa statistics on https://visawhen.com/consulates/manila/c21f21 and notice that in July, the last month reported, US Embassy Manila issued about 3 times as many visas as their historical average numbers in that category.  After a year of issuing almost no visas in that category there must be a significant backlog, but it does seem they have started making a meaningful effort to at least start trying to address it.

I'm actually curious where they go that number.

I pulled the issuance from from the website and it doesn't add up. In any case, I'm still hopeful!!

20 minutes ago, Bochog said:

I'm actually curious where they go that number.

I pulled the issuance from from the website and it doesn't add up. In any case, I'm still hopeful!!

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Statistics/Immigrant-Statistics/MonthlyIVIssuances/JULY 2021 - IV Issuances by Post and Visa Class.pdf

Hmmm, I looked at it for July and I see what you mean.  Mayby F-2A is the preference category, but the visa type issued is FX1 ?????.  The Visa issuance report only says FX(?).  I believe https://visawhen.com/consulates/manila/c21f21 is combining the the 119 FX and 2 CX to arrive at the 122 "Spouse of lawful permanent resident" visas they are showing.  But now I wonder if it is lumping together FX2 and FX3 children with spouses since the visa report only says "FX".

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.