aerodnight

September 2021 I-130 filers

780 posts in this topic

22 hours ago, Julio247 said:

When they get fast, the difference I noticed it's the spouse is already at USA and they are changing status only. 

The cases I'm referring to the spouses were still in their home country. Most recently was another couple with one in Texas and one in Costa Rica just like mine. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
19 hours ago, Alexandra1990 said:

I hope Soooo...im sooooo tired lol im really just worried abt the nvc stage with waiting for an interview

Same here. I know someone who was DQ in 02/2021 and didn’t get an interview in Nigeria until May 2022. It’s so frustrating. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
44 minutes ago, Alexandra1990 said:

OMG Thats not too bad people have been telling me a year wait in jamaica embassy

Yes she waited over a year too lol. Nigeria’s wait is over a year sadly. But I heard the govt has hired and is training more staff that should be up and running by start of the year, also some embassies are waiving certain interviews. So I hope to see some decrease in wait time soon. 

Just now, Eni_Aro said:

Yes she waited over a year too lol. Nigeria’s wait is over a year sadly. But I heard the govt has hired and is training more staff that should be up and running by start of the year, also some embassies are waiving certain interviews. So I hope to see some decrease in wait time soon. 

Im just know looking at the dates lol yes a long time

I am thankfully that after the NVC stage and I am DQd I will receive my interview letter about 2.5-3 months later. And the interview should be 2 months from the interview letter. That’s for Dominican Republic 

9 minutes ago, Julio247 said:

4 month more for the interview?? 😢

It’s take around 7 months for an interview from the time your petition is approved until the time you go to your interview

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
9 hours ago, Ctavarez90 said:

I am thankfully that after the NVC stage and I am DQd I will receive my interview letter about 2.5-3 months later. And the interview should be 2 months from the interview letter. That’s for Dominican Republic 

How do you know those timelines? How can I find out the timeline for Italy’s embassy?

6 hours ago, Wilmarie Rivera said:

How do you know those timelines? How can I find out the timeline for Italy’s embassy?

I checked on a website called VISAWHEN. But I also am in a WhatsApp group of people that are petitioning their spouses specifically from Dominican Republic so we all have been sharing our journey and help each other with each part of the process. Maybe there’s a WhatsApp group for people coming from Italy. I would definitely look into it

5 hours ago, Julio247 said:

OMG, that's crazy.... and people's they keep saying that's the process it's faster for usa citizens... but now, I think is the same...

Yes but the good thing is once you get approved for your petition you can estimate on when you will have the interview. I will keep in touch with you about how things go for the Dominican Republic 

Timeline
12 hours ago, Ctavarez90 said:

I checked on a website called VISAWHEN. But I also am in a WhatsApp group of people that are petitioning their spouses specifically from Dominican Republic so we all have been sharing our journey and help each other with each part of the process. Maybe there’s a WhatsApp group for people coming from Italy. I would definitely look into it

Thank you for this information! Very useful!

Timeline

We just got the notification that our case is being transferred to NVC (08/13/2022)  👏 I’m guessing it will take a few weeks before they contact us.

27C88629-5878-4235-A783-262846EDCC28.jpeg

Edited by Wilmarie Rivera

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.