J&D1008

SEPTEMBER 2021 K1 FILERS I-129F

331 posts in this topic

31 minutes ago, Elson George said:

Thursday's Update 12/01/22 : It was a good day !

132000: 6 Approvals, 1 RFER (6 new / 1 in progress)
132500: 1 RFES (1 new / 0 in progress)
133500: 1 Approval (1 new / 0 in progress)
134000: 2 Approvals, 1 RFES (3 new / 0 in progress)
134500: 3 Approvals, 3 RFESs (6 new / 0 in progress)
135000: 1 Approval, 1 RFES, 1 RFER (2 new / 1 in progress)
135500: 8 Approvals, 6 RFESs (14 new / 0 in progress)
136000: 17 Approvals, 3 RFESs (20 new / 0 in progress)
136500: 2 Approvals, 2 RFESs (4 new / 0 in progress)
137000: 2 Approvals, 6 RFESs, 1 Withdrawal (9 new / 0 in progress)
137500: 20 Approvals, 4 RFESs (24 new / 0 in progress)
138000: 7 Approvals (7 new / 0 in progress)
138500: 7 Approvals (7 new / 0 in progress)
139000: 17 Approvals, 2 RFESs, 1 Denial (19 new / 1 in progress)
139500: 3 Approvals, 3 RFESs (5 new / 1 in progress)
140000: 5 Approvals, 4 RFESs, 1 Denial (10 new / 0 in progress)
140500: 2 Approvals (2 new / 0 in progress)
141500: 1 Approval (1 new / 0 in progress)

12/01/22: 145 Total Updates: 104 Approvals, 36 RFESs, 2 RFERs, 2 Denials, 1 Withdrawal

Man why do they hate the 133300 group so much

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline
Just now, Y00per said:

Man why do they hate the 133300 group so much

Literally right! They’ve been skipping it for almost 2 weeks. At this rate it’ll never get done 😭

4 hours ago, SaraClaire11 said:

Congrats....brb CRYING 130500 with 2 denied expedites but why would that matter?! 😭

I hate USCIS 

i feel you. I spent my whole life waiting in USCIS.. from my own naturalization that took decades lol to NOW a fiancé visa 😅 the pain is real. I’m gonna put a case number on my tombstone at this point. 

i hope December brings some speedy positive results! 

It is really frustrating that they aren't going in an order just that they approve here and there, i saw few October approvals too, which is really unfair of what USCIS is doing! Some point of time its really frustrating! Just that everyone's time will come one fine day soon ! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
On 12/1/2022 at 1:32 PM, Y00per said:

I don't understand how/why everything is done via paper with physical humans verifying the initial forms in the year 2022. It seems to me that if everything was digitized it would help.

Add one more step - separating out certain questions (criminal status, humanitarian status etc) - which can be filled out on a computer. Address of applicant, age, dependents etc. This could screen like 95% of the data collected.

Then, if that's approved, it mails the applicant the physical forms for the more vital stuff.

I just find the 

1. ancient system incredibly frustrating

2. lack of transparency on the processing system (how do they choose which batch they're working) frustrating.

Forgive my "complaining." 

Hi, I'm a March 2022 lurker who just checks all the monthly groups when cases are being processed for some semblance of the whole picture. In talking to some folks at and formerly at USCIS when considering working there (not at a service center though), I've learned a few things about the organization: it strictly follows laws and statutes. One shocking thing a former worker told me is that it is in the books that USCIS must keep documentation for all immigration benefit applications in physical form for 75 years. They have warehouses in the Midwest and elsewhere for storage of all these packets. That's why we still have to mail in everything and answer all these questions manually.

The other part is adaptation, modernization, and change within those bounds. That's coming, and from my understanding USCIS is aware of the inefficiencies and there is movement to mitigate the slowing effects of the process as is and reduce duplication of efforts. Unfortunately, those changes won't happen fast enough to help anyone sending in applications even today, but it is happening. The root problem comes from Congress, and you would think fixing the physical storage/75 years lines would be the least controversial part of immigration reform or could be quietly snuck into an omnibus bill or as a rider elsewhere with nobody noticing, but alas, the self-funding of USCIS means it's not a taxpayer problem. It is certainly frustrating. Ironically, I work at DHS (though obviously speaking in a personal capacity here, nothing I say represents DHS or USCIS). Hopefully they'll be able to come out with more transparent operations/dashboards/explanations for how everything is done, that would do a lot for assuaging our questions about opacity or at the least informing us (legal concerns on PII/SPII taken into account). 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline
2 hours ago, Y00per said:

Can anyone confirm?
I think I see they processed some in the 133300 batch today?!

I just did a scan of 133000-133499. I saw 2 approvals and 1 RFE sent today. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Is anyone aware of why they'd skip over 133300 cases for majority of the last 1-2 weeks?
There has been little to no movement compared to the other September filers dates. Seems to be the least amount touched cases in early to mid September overall. 

52 minutes ago, sjkjc said:

Is anyone aware of why they'd skip over 133300 cases for majority of the last 1-2 weeks?
There has been little to no movement compared to the other September filers dates. Seems to be the least amount touched cases in early to mid September overall. 

We are also in 133300. It's excruciating. Yesterday they did touch them, but barely.

You're right tho - they literally hadn't touched them in (IIRC) 10 days.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline
6 hours ago, Y00per said:

We are also in 133300. It's excruciating. Yesterday they did touch them, but barely.

You're right tho - they literally hadn't touched them in (IIRC) 10 days.

Yeah, I’m also in 133000. It’s so unfair and frustrating seeing so many people from Sep 20 onwards getting so many approvals, when we’ve been waiting longer 😑

4 hours ago, Rosalea said:

Although, if they keep doing 100 per day, they could have the whole of September finished by January

But now they have already went to approve the October filers, really sad, frustrating to see that they are leaving behind the Septembers, i know the same thing happened for the August guys when it was almost 1000+ cases for August they started approving for September, it's really unfair 😫

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.