J&D1008

SEPTEMBER 2021 K1 FILERS I-129F

331 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Liberia
Timeline

This is for the September K-1 filers. Welcome! Please keep each other company while going through this process. To properly fill out your timeline USCIS goes by "Received date" and not the notice date. 

Example

I-129 F Sent -  September  1, 2021

I-129 F Received - September 6, 2021

I-129 F - Notice Date - September 10, 2021

In this example your NOA-1 should be September 6, 2021. This will help you properly fill out your timeline.

image.png.677692134d27dbda8d9fa065a3a07aef.png

For those who have just filed your I-129f application with USCIS, this thread has been created for your needs and for you to be with others experiencing different aspects of this journey. This is a place to ask questions and to share experiences. All are here to learn together. Good luck because this is a lengthy process currently running 5-6 months from filing date for your NOA2 approval.

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/K1_Process_V11.pdf

Also, since your application will go through several background checks this is a primer on what goes on with the background process.

I know it really sucks, but the best way to get through this is to lower your expectations and try not to compare your timeline to anyone else's. Don't forget that the people here on Visa Journey represent a tiny percentage of all the petitions the CSC (California Service Center) must work through! When someone gets to your file, you'll hear from them. Stay busy, talk a lot with your fiancé about non-visa stuff, don't forget to hang out with your friends, take up a new hobby, go to a sporting event, and your time will come! Good luck

The explanation why is it taking so long.

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/681798-august-2018-i-129f-filers/?do=findComment&comment=9558550

126C5E0C-2AEB-4B73-8680-7B62622C6113.jpeg.a51e82d1c2cdba251f8baab818bcb6e2.jpeg.53f2858978e9b62615476c1af4b4c109.jpeg

Edited by J&D1008

12 hours ago, J&D1008 said:

Bump....Any September filers please share timeline. 

Hi @J&D1008, nice to meet you. I guess am a September cos we got our phone notification on the 1st of this month (USPS delivered on the 31st of August) but we are yet to receive the NOA1. You said nothing but the truth in your first post above, we also have to be strong and know that it's just for a period of time. Also talking about non-visa stuff with our Fiancee helps (despite getting tempted to want to slide into the visa conversation at times 😁). Talking about the USCIS processing time, do you think there is a certainty that it's going to be 5-6 months as you earlier suggested? Cos I keep seeing 6-8 months and 8-10 months from different other sources. Also from the explanation you gave above, my date starts counting from the 1st of September right?

Edited by SmartJac
Forgot to add some points

Timeline
9 hours ago, SmartJac said:

Hi @J&D1008, nice to meet you. I guess am a September cos we got our phone notification on the 1st of this month (USPS delivered on the 31st of August) but we are yet to receive the NOA1. You said nothing but the truth in your first post above, we also have to be strong and know that it's just for a period of time. Also talking about non-visa stuff with our Fiancee helps (despite getting tempted to want to slide into the visa conversation at times 😁). Talking about the USCIS processing time, do you think there is a certainty that it's going to be 5-6 months as you earlier suggested? Cos I keep seeing 6-8 months and 8-10 months from different other sources. Also from the explanation you gave above, my date starts counting from the 1st of September right?

Hi Smart! 

Welcome.... in regards to the 5-6 months, I have to edit that portion. That blurb came from a user @Greenbaum who would start the thread. I think 6-8 months is the normal right now. Yes your time starts from September 1. If you have your WAC number i would sign up for alerts at USCIS and download the "Case tracker" app to track your progress. 

20 hours ago, J&D1008 said:

Hi Smart! 

Welcome.... in regards to the 5-6 months, I have to edit that portion. That blurb came from a user @Greenbaum who would start the thread. I think 6-8 months is the normal right now. Yes your time starts from September 1. If you have your WAC number i would sign up for alerts at USCIS and download the "Case tracker" app to track your progress. 

Thanks a great deal. Would have to discuss with my Partner and get back to you on it.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Made by our friend@keickhoff

Advice anyone on how to get this link in front of more people here on visa journey.  There are a lot of frustrated applicants like myself, let’s make some noise.  It is my understanding once we exceed 100 signatures on the petition change.org will help to promote us 

https://www.change.org/steamline-the-visa-process

Timeline
31 minutes ago, Mansam said:

we got our NOA1 on Sep 23rd And trying hard to wait patiently. It will be the long wait for sure!! 

Please create and update your timeline. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Guys I just don’t 100% understand it. I got my NOA1 on Sep 7th, when the wait time was 6-8 months, and now it’s 9-12, but does the 9-12 month wait only count for people who have sent in their petitions now? Will ours still be 6-8 since we’re 5 months ahead of everyone in the queue now?

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Rosalea said:

Guys I just don’t 100% understand it. I got my NOA1 on Sep 7th, when the wait time was 6-8 months, and now it’s 9-12, but does the 9-12 month wait only count for people who have sent in their petitions now? Will ours still be 6-8 since we’re 5 months ahead of everyone in the queue now?

Unfortunately, USCIS processing times always fluctuate. You will notice on your journey the processing time will increase, decrease and increase back again. The processing time now is 9-12 months because they are extremely backlogged and still processing March filers. That 6-8 month timeline is basically invalid for the majority of those waiting. Most are receiving there NOA-2 around the 10 month after filing the petition. Just be prepared to wait another 4-5 months to receive your NOA-2. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.