Nicky83

ESTA - marriage & pregnant

42 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Sparkle Sparkle said:

True!

That is a possibility 

The earlier the better giving the situation at hand

As you have been told it is illegal because it shows pre conceived intent...It might not end well. However the decision is left for you and yours truly. It is also against Visa journey TOS to advise on such actions

My thoughts exactly...even with AOS, he faces refusal and deportation. Then you will have to start over

If I understand clearly, you want to use the prolonged adjudication process for AOS to your advantage...So he gets to stay in the US with you till he faces deportation or you leave on your own accord...In other words green card and his stay in the US is not your goal?

No not a goal for green card as i will be leaving the US After GP  is complete .

Never even crossed our mind regarding prolonged adjudication. 

I have talked to a few people regarding this now . We need to decide what to do 

It was suggested although it was only a suggestion :

Marry and filing AOS along with me filing  I-601and I -130 spousal visa and argue regarding support of the father for both myself and baby

The child growing up without the support of the father  

That most times for the spouse of US citizen things can be a bit more lenient unless there are current arrests of violence or moral turpitude and dui not realy either (  20 years ago still there but not as much of an issue as ones recent )

That typically approve waiver of inadmissibility.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
24 minutes ago, Nicky83 said:

Marry and filing AOS along with me filing  I-601and I -130 spousal visa and argue regarding support of the father for both myself and baby

you can try...but that does not preclude visa fraud as he has preconceived intent...hw will be bared and I do understand greencard and stay in the USA is not the goal

Speak the truth even if your voice shakes

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Sounds like just wants to hang around in the US until she is ready to move

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
41 minutes ago, Nicky83 said:

That most times for the spouse of US citizen things can be a bit more lenient unless there are current arrests of violence or moral turpitude and dui not realy either (  20 years ago still there but not as much of an issue as ones recent )

That typically approve waiver of inadmissibility.

The biggest issue with this path, assuming he can even enter the US, is on the AOS forms he will need to be completely honest and declare his past criminal history.  The US and UK share databases, so it will very likely come up when they do the background checks during the AOS process, so he should not even think about trying to hide it.  A charge of misrepresentation could come with a lifetime bar, he could face the future problem of never being able to enter the US.  Then there's the misrepresentation on past VWP applications...  I suggest a very good US immigration attorney.  Good luck!

19 hours ago, Nicky83 said:

File for spouse visa . By time it came through we would prob be leaving then any how back to the uk

In order to visit he would need to go through the INA 212(d)(3) process for a B-2 visa.

19 hours ago, Nicky83 said:

together for 2 year

The B-2 I-94 would definitely be way less than 2 years. If the B-2 is approved then he should plan to visit for short time (i.e. just a few months).

4 minutes ago, HRQX said:

In order to visit he would need to go through the INA 212(d)(3) process for a B-2 visa.

The B-2 I-94 would definitely be way less than 2 years. If the B-2 is approved then he should plan to visit for short time (i.e. just a few months).

Is there a lead time on this aswell as lead time on a waiver ? As waiver i mean would i apply for him if denied which it prob will be .

He hasnt used the esta yet atall and never been to the states . We have met each other families etc

Ok so for a scenario .

If someone enters the USA on a visa waiver for the first time 

They decide that they want to get married and it wasn't the original intent.

They get married at the end of the visa stay and file AOS .

get a interview and its then realised that arrests / convictions should of been declared as not classed as spent. A silly but genuine misunderstanding and miss read mistake that is the fault of that person

The USA citizen would file I-601 and I-130 for spousal and waiver 

Or would the spousal visa need to be applied during the AOS and a waiverwhen the query came up regarding past arrests etc 

Or 

Realise the error and file everything 

AOS - I-601 - & I-30 At the same time

Edited by Nicky83

Timeline

You mentioned in your original post that he did use the VWP,  has visited you.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

13 minutes ago, carmel34 said:

The biggest issue with this path, assuming he can even enter the US, is on the AOS forms he will need to be completely honest and declare his past criminal history.  The US and UK share databases, so it will very likely come up when they do the background checks during the AOS process, so he should not even think about trying to hide it.  A charge of misrepresentation could come with a lifetime bar, he could face the future problem of never being able to enter the US.  Then there's the misrepresentation on past VWP applications...  I suggest a very good US immigration attorney.  Good luck!

This is what we mean regarding we know we would need to declare everything. The issue would be not declaring on the original esta . Yes we know now . Well he does but it was a mistake not a deliberate one regardless of what is thought.  Hence now finding out regarding the I-601 Waiver. 

He has had it almost 2 years in april. He just hasnt used it . He got it to originally to attend events with friends in the 501st legion and rebel legion. All charity based but he has accurate chewbacca and stormtrooper costumes . His plan was to attend various cons including star wars celebration in the USA.

10 minutes ago, Boiler said:

You mentioned in your original post that he did use the VWP,  has visited you.

Loosing track of everything including dates.  yes you are right. His new one although we know its still the same issue .

Regardless of him being here before or not i dont think it alters the situation were looking at .

Timeline

If he wishes to use the VWP he needs a correctly completed approved ESTA

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Thread locked for TOS Violations -Condone or instruct, either directly or indirectly, others on how to commit fraudulent or illegal immigration activities in any way, shape, manner or method.  Members have already mentioned AOS is not an option for your and your fiancé. You have already shown intent by coming up with your different scenarios. This thread is not to be restarted. Future threads are only to discuss your legal options.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.