4 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Background: my daughter was born in Colombia but was given citizenship by me through a CRBA. My wife is traveling to the US for the first time as well on an IR1 visa.

My wife is supposed to travel with my daughter to the states on Tuesday. Today we found out that supposedly for my daughter to leave Colombia with my wife she has to have a notarized and apostilled "permission slip" from me saying that it's ok. The only issue is that this permission slip is supposed to be apostilled and approved by the Colombian Consulate which for me is in Atlanta. My question is: Is there any way that I can get this done by Tuesday so that my wife can travel here without going to the consulate?

If anyone has already gone through this process and could lend some advice that'd be great!!

Filed: IR-5 Country: Colombia
Timeline

The fast way to do it is that you travel to Colombia and all 3 return is the only way that you do not need the permit, otherwise you must do the permit and authenticate the signature at any embassy or consulate of Colombia and you do not need an apostille.

In the following link you will find the requirements and you can download the exit permit form for minors

https://migracioncolombia.gov.co/subdireccion-de-control-migratorio/salida-de-menores-del-pais?highlight=WyJzYWxpZGEiLCJkZSIsIm1lbm9yZXMiLCJzYWxpZGEgZGUiLCJzYWxpZGEgZGUgbWVub3JlcyIsImRlIG1lbm9yZXMiXQ==

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

So I could have my wife go to the Colombian embassy and have them authenticate the permission form? 

3 minutes ago, Josm said:

The fast way to do it is that you travel to Colombia and all 3 return is the only way that you do not need the permit, otherwise you must do the permit and authenticate the signature at any embassy or consulate of Colombia and you do not need an apostille.

In the following link you will find the requirements and you can download the exit permit form for minors

https://migracioncolombia.gov.co/subdireccion-de-control-migratorio/salida-de-menores-del-pais?highlight=WyJzYWxpZGEiLCJkZSIsIm1lbm9yZXMiLCJzYWxpZGEgZGUiLCJzYWxpZGEgZGUgbWVub3JlcyIsImRlIG1lbm9yZXMiXQ==

So I could have my wife go to the Colombian embassy and have them authenticate the permission form? 

Filed: IR-5 Country: Colombia
Timeline
3 minutes ago, wally29 said:

The father who is abroad is the one who must go to the Colombian embassy to authenticate the signature and once the signature is authenticated, send the original to the father who is in Colombia to present it to the Colombian immigration authorities to authorize the departure from the country to the minor

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.