Jump to content
MPS2021

US Passport application requested additional documents after application was filed

11 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

I have applied for US passport under expedite processing on June 7. I received a letter from Seattle Passport Agency in VA asking to resubmit the new passport size photo. I resubmitted the photo and it was delivered on July 12. There was no updates ever since. Is someone has similar experience, update(s)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
2 hours ago, MPS2021 said:

I have applied for US passport under expedite processing on June 7. I received a letter from Seattle Passport Agency in VA asking to resubmit the new passport size photo. I resubmitted the photo and it was delivered on July 12. There was no updates ever since. Is someone has similar experience, update(s)?

Routine 18 weeks (includes up to 12 weeks processing and 6 weeks mailing)
Expedited 12 weeks (includes up to 6 weeks processing and 6 weeks mailing)
Expedited at Agency

Must have international travel within 72 hours (3 business days)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When did you actually receive the request?

 

I can only give my one kid’s pre pandemic experience, and it was routine processing. The request for what she needed to submit came about halfway through what was then the routine processing timeline and it took about the same time again to process what we had sent in. Not sure how relevant that is to current circumstances.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
3 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

When did you actually receive the request?

 

I can only give my one kid’s pre pandemic experience, and it was routine processing. The request for what she needed to submit came about halfway through what was then the routine processing timeline and it took about the same time again to process what we had sent in. Not sure how relevant that is to current circumstances.

So you mean they reset the clock after you submit the docs? Hmm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, MPS2021 said:

So you mean they reset the clock after you submit the docs? Hmm

I don’t know if that’s standard - but to clarify as I said we received the request about halfway through the official timeline so she still got fully processed within the official timeline p

 

that was partly why I asked you when you actually received the request, you didn’t answer that …

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
2 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

I don’t know if that’s standard - but to clarify as I said we received the request about halfway through the official timeline so she still got fully processed within the official timeline p

 

that was partly why I asked you when you actually received the request, you didn’t answer that …

My application was received on 6/10 and I received the request in mail on July 12.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, MPS2021 said:

My application was received on 6/10 and I received the request in mail on July 12.

 

3 hours ago, MPS2021 said:

I have applied for US passport under expedite processing on June 7. I received a letter from Seattle Passport Agency in VA asking to resubmit the new passport size photo. I resubmitted the photo and it was delivered on July 12. There was no updates ever since. Is someone has similar experience, update(s)?

You received the request in the mail July 12 and you managed to deliver the photos to the passport agency the same day?

 

Anyway … I guess you are around the 6 week expedited mark now so not sure what else to do but wait and see, you can maybe try call the agency to see what they say about it - other posters have been reporting very long wait times on the helpline.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
3 hours ago, SusieQQQ said:

 

You received the request in the mail July 12 and you managed to deliver the photos to the passport agency the same day?

 

Anyway … I guess you are around the 6 week expedited mark now so not sure what else to do but wait and see, you can maybe try call the agency to see what they say about it - other posters have been reporting very long wait times on the helpline.

I just received a phone call from Passport office and email saying that they have shipped the passport on July 19 and should be delivered by 7/22. Thanks!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, MPS2021 said:

I just received a phone call from Passport office and email saying that they have shipped the passport on July 19 and should be delivered by 7/22. Thanks!!

Great news!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After how long do we get our supporting documents back?

 

I received my passport with typo in name 14 days back but still waiting for my certificate of naturalization back, so I can apply for a new passport to fix the typo. Any idea after how long people are getting back their certificate of naturalization from the passport agency once they receive the passport? My the passport was expedited.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
7 minutes ago, LampPost said:

After how long do we get our supporting documents back?

 

I received my passport with typo in name 14 days back but still waiting for my certificate of naturalization back, so I can apply for a new passport to fix the typo. Any idea after how long people are getting back their certificate of naturalization from the passport agency once they receive the passport? My the passport was expedited.

I got my passport and supporting document all together in one envelope  yesterday !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...