MPS2021

US Passport application requested additional documents after application was filed

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

I have applied for US passport under expedite processing on June 7. I received a letter from Seattle Passport Agency in VA asking to resubmit the new passport size photo. I resubmitted the photo and it was delivered on July 12. There was no updates ever since. Is someone has similar experience, update(s)?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
2 hours ago, MPS2021 said:

I have applied for US passport under expedite processing on June 7. I received a letter from Seattle Passport Agency in VA asking to resubmit the new passport size photo. I resubmitted the photo and it was delivered on July 12. There was no updates ever since. Is someone has similar experience, update(s)?

Routine 18 weeks (includes up to 12 weeks processing and 6 weeks mailing)
Expedited 12 weeks (includes up to 6 weeks processing and 6 weeks mailing)
Expedited at Agency

Must have international travel within 72 hours (3 business days)

When did you actually receive the request?

I can only give my one kid’s pre pandemic experience, and it was routine processing. The request for what she needed to submit came about halfway through what was then the routine processing timeline and it took about the same time again to process what we had sent in. Not sure how relevant that is to current circumstances.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

When did you actually receive the request?

I can only give my one kid’s pre pandemic experience, and it was routine processing. The request for what she needed to submit came about halfway through what was then the routine processing timeline and it took about the same time again to process what we had sent in. Not sure how relevant that is to current circumstances.

So you mean they reset the clock after you submit the docs? Hmm

14 minutes ago, MPS2021 said:

So you mean they reset the clock after you submit the docs? Hmm

I don’t know if that’s standard - but to clarify as I said we received the request about halfway through the official timeline so she still got fully processed within the official timeline p

that was partly why I asked you when you actually received the request, you didn’t answer that …

Timeline
2 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

I don’t know if that’s standard - but to clarify as I said we received the request about halfway through the official timeline so she still got fully processed within the official timeline p

that was partly why I asked you when you actually received the request, you didn’t answer that …

My application was received on 6/10 and I received the request in mail on July 12.

15 minutes ago, MPS2021 said:

My application was received on 6/10 and I received the request in mail on July 12.

3 hours ago, MPS2021 said:

You received the request in the mail July 12 and you managed to deliver the photos to the passport agency the same day?

Anyway … I guess you are around the 6 week expedited mark now so not sure what else to do but wait and see, you can maybe try call the agency to see what they say about it - other posters have been reporting very long wait times on the helpline.

Timeline
3 hours ago, SusieQQQ said:

You received the request in the mail July 12 and you managed to deliver the photos to the passport agency the same day?

Anyway … I guess you are around the 6 week expedited mark now so not sure what else to do but wait and see, you can maybe try call the agency to see what they say about it - other posters have been reporting very long wait times on the helpline.

I just received a phone call from Passport office and email saying that they have shipped the passport on July 19 and should be delivered by 7/22. Thanks!!

5 minutes ago, MPS2021 said:

I just received a phone call from Passport office and email saying that they have shipped the passport on July 19 and should be delivered by 7/22. Thanks!!

Great news!

After how long do we get our supporting documents back?

I received my passport with typo in name 14 days back but still waiting for my certificate of naturalization back, so I can apply for a new passport to fix the typo. Any idea after how long people are getting back their certificate of naturalization from the passport agency once they receive the passport? My the passport was expedited.

Timeline
7 minutes ago, LampPost said:

After how long do we get our supporting documents back?

I received my passport with typo in name 14 days back but still waiting for my certificate of naturalization back, so I can apply for a new passport to fix the typo. Any idea after how long people are getting back their certificate of naturalization from the passport agency once they receive the passport? My the passport was expedited.

I got my passport and supporting document all together in one envelope  yesterday !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.