angelostuart

Past 100 days waiting N400 still a decision can not make because have criminal record

93 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, angelostuart said:

OMG

system of CIS displays Los Angeles County need more 2.5 months to processing 

Oh no! That's too bad. It seems it's getting longer time in LA county now. 

I met a guy who said he waited for 1.5 years to get the interview since submitting the application in LA county. He asked me how long will be in the oath ceremony after the interview, but I did not want to hurt his feelings.😂

I just feel the procedure is so strange. I read a case that was filed in July 2021, and the guy already completed his oath ceremony a few days ago. Definitely, he is not in LA. But I still cannot believe it! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/12/2021 at 5:22 AM, idyllic420 said:

I've a DUI on my record which was expunged. Waiting for N400 interview to be scheduled. I'm not sure how the 5 year wait/good moral character plays out. As I applied within 3 years of my offense date and I'm divorced from US citizen!

waiting your good news

On 11/12/2021 at 8:59 AM, Moradesk said:

Oh no! That's too bad. It seems it's getting longer time in LA county now. 

I met a guy who said he waited for 1.5 years to get the interview since submitting the application in LA county. He asked me how long will be in the oath ceremony after the interview, but I did not want to hurt his feelings.😂

I just feel the procedure is so strange. I read a case that was filed in July 2021, and the guy already completed his oath ceremony a few days ago. Definitely, he is not in LA. But I still cannot believe it! 

unfair in USA 

haha

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 11/12/2021 at 7:22 AM, idyllic420 said:

I've a DUI on my record which was expunged. Waiting for N400 interview to be scheduled. I'm not sure how the 5 year wait/good moral character plays out. As I applied within 3 years of my offense date and I'm divorced from US citizen!

You should have NOT expunged the case since it always seems that you are trying to wipe out the conviction. Since you are not married to US CITIZEN so will have to wait 5 years of good moral character if its within that period its upto the interviewing officer to grant the status or not. 

Since the DUI is expunged i am not sure of you have court certified disposition which they willask at the interview. Hopefully i am wrong but things might go south for you since everything is in statutory period.

Timeline
On 11/25/2021 at 5:51 PM, angelostuart said:

waiting your good news

unfair in USA 

haha

Did you provide certfied court disposition at the interview? If the interview is passed 120 days you have every right to sue the uscis to issue a decision lemme know if you need a attorney. I know someone who sues uscis on regular basis and this is what he is good at. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/28/2021 at 2:56 PM, Fahad86 said:

Did you provide certfied court disposition at the interview? If the interview is passed 120 days you have every right to sue the uscis to issue a decision lemme know if you need a attorney. I know someone who sues uscis on regular basis and this is what he is good at. 

I provide all original or certified court copy of my  disposition 

My friend is an immigration attorney 

he said , if u sue USCIS they will finds a tiny problem denied  your case

Today is 8 months after interview 

I Hope the miracle will happen in 2022 January

because 2021 is so suck

Timeline
4 hours ago, angelostuart said:

because 2021 is so suck

To be honest your friend is wrong. Uscis doesnt deny cases on purpose. You always have the right to challenge the outcome of the case by filing 336 in which another officer will review the case.

My friend its upto you to keep waiting but i have never heard USCIS intentionally denying someone specially if your friend is immigration lawyer. Remember visa delayed is visa denied

11 hours ago, angelostuart said:

because 2021 is so suck

Don't give up, and try not to become too dis-spirited, I had a 17 month wait after my interview.

What got mine over the line was moving to a different state. The day they processed the AR-11, they approved the case. I suspect they Case Officer didn't want someone else looking at her case-work, so just approved it rather than do the transfer.

Edited by bing10

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
16 hours ago, angelostuart said:

because 2021 is so suck

Hang in there.  I am also 8 months after interview and haven't heart anything. 

Did you contact your Senator or congressman?  I found out that my A-file is locked at the Federal Records Center and that is causing the delay, I guess... I am also looking forward to 2022, something has to happen, be patient...

15 hours ago, Fahad86 said:

To be honest your friend is wrong. Uscis doesnt deny cases on purpose. You always have the right to challenge the outcome of the case by filing 336 in which another officer will review the case.

My friend its upto you to keep waiting but i have never heard USCIS intentionally denying someone specially if your friend is immigration lawyer. Remember visa delayed is visa denied

thank you shared that 

importantly I have original conviction is felony 

But changed to a misdemeanor conviction 

That moral character problem I think 

so attorney said my situation if sue will denial 

thank you advice for N336

but $700fee I can not affordable haha

Just had an infant , my child immediately granted citizenship!

unfair! Hahaha 

8 hours ago, bing10 said:

Don't give up, and try not to become too dis-spirited, I had a 17 month wait after my interview.

What got mine over the line was moving to a different state. The day they processed the AR-11, they approved the case. I suspect they Case Officer didn't want someone else looking at her case-work, so just approved it rather than do the transfer.

Yes

thank you my dude

Be patient definitely 

I super patient 

green card is enough for my present situation 

Illegally immigrants still lives in happy life

why I am not 

hahaha a kidding

I also changed name in N400 , may be more longer time! 

Merry Christmas 

You are real nice guy!

3 hours ago, Coco&Kitten said:

Hang in there.  I am also 8 months after interview and haven't heart anything. 

Did you contact your Senator or congressman?  I found out that my A-file is locked at the Federal Records Center and that is causing the delay, I guess... I am also looking forward to 2022, something has to happen, be patient...

That ‘s Chaos

pretty simple things they made to super complex 

Bureaucracy drove me speechless  

The Congresswoman case work assistant said:  be patient…..

like says nothing 

I wish you will oath ASAP

Merry Christmas

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 7/20/2021 at 7:57 AM, bing10 said:

It's also possible the delay is not related to your criminal record.

I was waiting for well over a year after the interview for a decision, and I have no criminal record, and a straight-forward case.

I think the janitor found the package of your case in the warehouse, then they reopen that!

• 2 weeks later...

Gooooood news for me today

After interviewed 288 days

CIS Ombudsman responses me on morning &

my N400 case approved and sent me oath ceremony notice at afternoon 

happy Chinese lunar new year guys 

thanks everyone 

2330FC56-114A-4E88-863C-79FBA21FADAF.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Montenegro
Timeline
4 hours ago, angelostuart said:

Gooooood news for me today

After interviewed 288 days

CIS Ombudsman responses me on morning &

my N400 case approved and sent me oath ceremony notice at afternoon 

happy Chinese lunar new year guys 

thanks everyone 

2330FC56-114A-4E88-863C-79FBA21FADAF.jpeg

Congratulations!

In the end of the day, looks like Onbudsman is THE BOSS!

You deserve it, Angelo

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.