angelostuart

Past 100 days waiting N400 still a decision can not make because have criminal record

93 posts in this topic

Hi guys 

a new guy coming here, thank you guys shares your stories.

I had a forgery offense arrested on June 2014

(no one injury , no one lost,  just me took to jail 2 days.)

the Court terminated my probation on May 2015. meanwhile a felony conviction downgrade to a misdemeanor.

then the conviction was set aside.( I knew that like nothing, the record still following my whole life)

I granted my green card On December 2015 ,

my N400 interview on April-mid, 2021 

IO said change name and no change name processing time is same so I chose change it.

finally IO said:  a decision cannot yet be made about your application

case need time to review, between 30 days -120 days will send me result.

I knew only have one misdemeanor conviction is qualify citizenship application.

and that happed at 5 yrs ago.

I was past 100 days waiting still haven't decision,

often some case has criminal record and other issues 

IO doesn't have right and jurisdiction approval your N400 application,

it need submit to their supervisors to review.

I want to know usually how long time will get final decision.

Sincerely!

Edited by angelostuart

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Did you declare your criminal history when applying for a GC?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

51 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Did you declare your criminal history when applying for a GC?

IO also asked me :Did you declare your criminal history when applying for asylum?

I said yes , I had 4 certify-copies proved I was end of my probation and a misdemeanor conviction .869703099_2021-07-1919_55_02.thumb.png.9bb8630362a9ff26029f61edc809b04d.png

one for asylum office

one for GC application

one for today (N400) interview  

one for remain to myself.   

then IO let me verify my testimony on Ipad.

On 7/20/2021 at 7:57 AM, bing10 said:

It's also possible the delay is not related to your criminal record.

I was waiting for well over a year after the interview for a decision, and I have no criminal record, and a straight-forward case.

they aren’t working seriously,

excuse me, finally you how to got decision?

Just waiting? Or inquire many times?

On 7/21/2021 at 9:05 AM, bing10 said:

I moved out of state. My case was approved the same day that they processed the change of address.

I'm still not a citizen though, as now waiting for an oath date.

so sad

Would you mind if I ask your field office is LA city or LA county? Was your interview on the 6th or 8th floor?  I just found people filing in LA county and having an interview on 6th received their decision results and oath letters sooner. 

I agree with bing10, and  I don't think the delayed reason is because of your criminal record. I do not have any criminal record and I got recommended for approval on the interview day, but still waiting for the oath letter. My interview was on May 5, the field office was LA city, interview on 8th floor, and now it has been 12 weeks pending. Plus, my case was filed in March 2020. I think they just hold on to our cases and haven't processed them.

26 minutes ago, Moradesk said:

Would you mind if I ask your field office is LA city or LA county? Was your interview on the 6th or 8th floor?  I just found people filing in LA county and having an interview on 6th received their decision results and oath letters sooner. 

I agree with bing10, and  I don't think the delayed reason is because of your criminal record. I do not have any criminal record and I got recommended for approval on the interview day, but still waiting for the oath letter. My interview was on May 5, the field office was LA city, interview on 8th floor, and now it has been 12 weeks pending. Plus, my case was filed in March 2020. I think they just hold on to our cases and haven't processed them.

appreciated it

my Case belong LA county,

Interviewed at 6 floors (6024)

last year , October 5th, 2020 I and my spouse have I-130 interview at 8 floor, separated interview but IO said because COVID-19 reason that was still now haven’t decision! System always show:

Interview Was Completed And My Case Must Be Reviewed

When N400 interview IO asked me what your spouse immigration status, I said her I-130 case still pending no decision , IO used pen made a mark.

Troublesome!

I think change name also delay processing time.

because LA Office need a lot of change name case send to court,

Edited by angelostuart

8 hours ago, angelostuart said:

appreciated it

my Case belong LA county,

Interviewed at 6 floors (6024)

last year , October 5th, 2020 I and my spouse have I-130 interview at 8 floor, separated interview but IO said because COVID-19 reason that was still now haven’t decision! System always show:

Interview Was Completed And My Case Must Be Reviewed

When N400 interview IO asked me what your spouse immigration status, I said her I-130 case still pending no decision , IO used pen made a mark.

Troublesome!

I think change name also delay processing time.

because LA Office need a lot of change name case send to court,

I knew a person who filed in LA and received “decision cannot be made” who received an oath ceremony letter in 2.5 months, but her interview was earlier than yours more than one month. I personally think they have backlog cases, more and more. So your waiting time is longer than hers. But from positive prospective, your case is almost 120 days, you will be able to contact IO to ask about the process.

I am not sure if the name change will delay because Scandi’s post told us even if you have a name change, if you're approved at your interview you have your oath ceremony just 1-4 days later. She filed in LA country and has a name change as well.

And yes, I understand your spouse’s status. It never changed since or after the interview. Me either. Mine has been "Interview Was Scheduled" since March. I even don’t have “Interview was completed” or “recommended for approval,” anything like that. I think every office has its style and rule, I guess. That’s why we never changed. I hope your spouse feels fine though. 

Keep updating for us if you have new and good luck!

On 7/24/2021 at 11:31 PM, Moradesk said:

I knew a person who filed in LA and received “decision cannot be made” who received an oath ceremony letter in 2.5 months, but her interview was earlier than yours more than one month. I personally think they have backlog cases, more and more. So your waiting time is longer than hers. But from positive prospective, your case is almost 120 days, you will be able to contact IO to ask about the process.

I am not sure if the name change will delay because Scandi’s post told us even if you have a name change, if you're approved at your interview you have your oath ceremony just 1-4 days later. She filed in LA country and has a name change as well.

And yes, I understand your spouse’s status. It never changed since or after the interview. Me either. Mine has been "Interview Was Scheduled" since March. I even don’t have “Interview was completed” or “recommended for approval,” anything like that. I think every office has its style and rule, I guess. That’s why we never changed. I hope your spouse feels fine though. 

Keep updating for us if you have new and good luck!

Thank your shared that!

so appreciated it,

I will keep updating!

Recently,I sent request for CIS Ombudsman for my I-130 case,

when have any change I will update!

my I-130 submitted on Oct 2017

every time I inquiry USCIS for overtime normal processing time ,they all respond : background check and still pending

On August 2020 I requested my local congress helps me checks my case how wrong with that,

October 2020 USCIS scheduled I-130 interview.

was 3 years past we done our spouse of LPR interview, IO said need 120 days have decision.

Until now still nothing change,

Main reason I think:
before I had 2 divorced history 

(I disclosed 2 divorce orders)

But I never applied any one, this is first time.

and any one never give me any immigration benefits 

my permanent residency through my individual Asylum,

When My Asylum interview the Asylum officer told me : don’t worry , (because I had criminal record)

If you don’t pass asylum 

your spouse is US Citizen, You could get GC through her.

granted asylum status after 1 year

I applied GC also need Interview!

but only 10 mins ,pretty simple , IO said:no problem,

one misdemeanor like nothing,

Background check need 30 days or less,

after one week system displays card was mailed! 

• 1 month later...
On 7/21/2021 at 9:05 AM, bing10 said:

I moved out of state. My case was approved the same day that they processed the change of address.

I'm still not a citizen though, as now waiting for an oath date.

Hi bing, would you mind if I ask you one question.
Did you send a letter and your copy of N-652 to your interview officer after passing 120 days of your examination? If yes, where did you send it? your interview room or your field office?

On 7/30/2021 at 5:03 PM, angelostuart said:

Appreciated that

I keep waiting my N400 decision!

Hi angelostuart, did you have anything updated?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.