AmieeSilvs

I-134 supporting documents, military

9 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

Our K1 visa is finally ‘in transit’ after 16 months and we are trying to get our documents ready so we can book the medical/interview. 

When looking at the documents needed at the interview it states we need a letter from the petitioners employer stating their job, contract type, salary etc. to support the I-134.

We are just wondering what documents you all got. We currently have 3 months LES, statement of service (not signed just from the portal), his contract and most recent W2. 

Is there any more you would recommend? And how do we go about getting these? 

Thank you!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
5 hours ago, AmieeSilvs said:

Hey guys,

Our K1 visa is finally ‘in transit’ after 16 months and we are trying to get our documents ready so we can book the medical/interview. 

When looking at the documents needed at the interview it states we need a letter from the petitioners employer stating their job, contract type, salary etc. to support the I-134.

We are just wondering what documents you all got. We currently have 3 months LES, statement of service (not signed just from the portal), his contract and most recent W2. 

Thank you!!!

All I sent to my wife (then fiancé) were my last 3 LES, last 3 tax return transcripts, a document called “statement of military compensation” which I also printed from the portal, not sure if that is the “statement of service” you mentioned. I added it because its basically an highlight of everything I make in the military yearly. Nothing was signed, there were all straight from their various websites. 

Good luck!

Edited by ashmed246

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

@AmieeSilvs

i don’t know anything about military documents, however I know London is not very strict on K1 affidavits of support. They don’t require any one specific type of proof as long as you show enough income. If the 2020 tax return shows enough, you can use that. Or any one of the things you have mentioned sound fine as well.  (Well I don’t actually know what LES is) They don’t require you provide lots of different proofs. They probably won’t even discuss the I-134 if it looks reasonable.

From the embassy website

K and Diversity visa applicants are not required to provide an I-864 Form.  However, they must show evidence that they are not likely to become public charges while in the United States. There is no set form that this evidence must take but use of the form I-134 is an efficient way to provide this information to the Consular Officer

On 7/19/2021 at 12:15 AM, ashmed246 said:

All I sent to my wife (then fiancé) were my last 3 LES, last 3 tax return transcripts, a document called “statement of military compensation” which I also printed from the portal, not sure if that is the “statement of service” you mentioned. I added it because its basically an highlight of everything I make in the military yearly. Nothing was signed, there were all straight from their various websites. 

Good luck!

Thank you very much for your response I feel we have enough proof, just panicking after waiting so long! 

8 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

@AmieeSilvs

i don’t know anything about military documents, however I know London is not very strict on K1 affidavits of support. They don’t require any one specific type of proof as long as you show enough income. If the 2020 tax return shows enough, you can use that. Or any one of the things you have mentioned sound fine as well.  (Well I don’t actually know what LES is) They don’t require you provide lots of different proofs. They probably won’t even discuss the I-134 if it looks reasonable.

From the embassy website

K and Diversity visa applicants are not required to provide an I-864 Form.  However, they must show evidence that they are not likely to become public charges while in the United States. There is no set form that this evidence must take but use of the form I-134 is an efficient way to provide this information to the Consular Officer

Thank you Wuozopo!! You can fall into a rabbit hole in forums and want to get every document ‘just in case’! Thank you again. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 7/18/2021 at 10:38 AM, AmieeSilvs said:

Hey guys,

Thank you!!!

I submitted the last 3 years of tax transcripts, 3 years of W2s, I think 6 months of LES.  

Just a quick question, for your I-134, did you include your BAH or OHA as income as well??

Edited by Ed&Midori1031

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
28 minutes ago, Ed&Midori1031 said:

Just a quick question, for your I-134, did you include your BAH or OHA as income as well??

We included it for K1 and AOS, never a problem.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.