NVC Processing Timeline for Expedite Requests

225 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Email was sent to NVCExpedite@State.gov:  March 21th 2022

* Date NVC Acknowledged and Replied:  March 23th 2022

* Date US Embassy/Consulate Approved Expedite: pending 

On 7/12/2021 at 5:11 PM, SteveInBostonI130 said:

Visa type would also help. For example, K1's don't get expedite approvals because they are inherently expedited.  NVC just enters a case number and ID and sends it to the embassy as soon as the embassy is ready to handle the case.

Really? I thought they do get expedited. Also can we request a specific embassy?

On 3/6/2022 at 8:11 PM, J&D1008 said:

Update - NVC reassigned our case to new embassy and the new embassy also approved the expedite. Was not anything special. I'm currently in transit

So do you need grounds to change embassy? For example for us it will be challenging to get a Schengen visa and it will cost significant funds to go to Europe vs his home country of Armenia where no visa needed and he has a house to stay in and wait.

On 2/27/2022 at 5:30 AM, Meimei87 said:

Hi everyone,

I need to preface this post as showing that I applied 3 times to NVC. The first two times, I was rejected. I called my congressional representative and they worked with me to apply and get approved the third time. Without her help, I don't think any of this would have been possible.

* Date Email was sent to NVCExpedite@State.gov:  February 18, 2022

* Date NVC Acknowledged and Replied:  February 21, 2022

* Date US Embassy/Consulate Approved Expedite: February 22, 2022

What advice/help did she give? This was your congressional representative and NOT the senator?

• 3 weeks later...

My documents have been sent to NVC yesterday, so I've been told it takes 3-6 months to review until deemed documentarily qualified. 

Regarding requesting an expedited interview, should I wait until documentarily qualified, or submit the request now?

I am a healthcare worker who will be helping with the opiate epidemic in the US.  

• 1 month later...

Benefited a lot from the info and discussion in this forum, and just want to provide my datapoint. 

* Submitted DS260 and documents: May 12 2022

* Email was sent to NVCExpedite@State.gov:  May 27 2022

* Date NVC Acknowledged and Replied:  May 27 2022

* Recevied DQ'ed email: May 30 2022 (very surprised because it was Sunday US time)

* Date US Embassy/Consulate Approved Expedite: May 31 2022

Reason for expedite is medical reason (def not life-or-death situation) and provide a very simple doctor note.  

Hi I have seen that this forum is very interesting. I read all the post and I want to share my experience so far with expediting my case.

Santo Domingo US Embassy

* Email was sent to NVCExpedite@State.gov: May 31, 2022. 1:30pm NYC Time

*Automatic message received from NVCExpedite@state.gov: May 31, 2022. 1:48 pm NYC Time.

*Date NVC Acknowledged and Replied: June 1, 2022. 9:00am NYC Times.

* Date US Embassy/Consulate Approved Expedite: Under review

For anyone under the jurisdiction of USEM that got expedited at the NVC how long did it take for them to send you an email with your interview letter? How long from the day your expedite was approved, interview schedule date given, and interview day?

Manila CRBA & Passport Experience

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/657133-usem-crba-experience/

IR-1/CR-1 Journey

USCIS

09/12/2017: I-130 package sent to USCIS Phoenix Lockbox

09/18/2017: NOA1 Email

09/26/2017: NOA1 Hardcopy(Texas Service Center)

10/01/2017: Expedite Request Sent

11/18/2017: NOA2 Email

11/30/2017: NOA2 Hardcopy

12/27/2017: Checked receipt number on the USCIS website and they had just forwarded the case to NVC that day *shame*

NVC

01/03/2018: Case received at NVC

01/10/2018: Expedite request sent

01/11/2018: Email received from NVC expedite that inquiry is under review

01/16/2018: IIN and Case number issued

01/18/2018: Expedite approved and immediately forwarded to US Embassy Manila. CEAC says "In Transit"

Medical & Embassy

01/23/2018: Embassy Received case file. CEAC says "Ready"

01/23/2018: DS-260 completed

01/24/2018: SLEC Medical DAY 1

01/25/2018: SLEC Medical DAY 2

02/02/1018: USEM Interview "PASSED"

02/08/2018: Picked up VISA packet at 2GO Laoag

02/09/2018: CFO sticker... went to the seminar Nov. 29 2017 for passport renewal requirement to change to husbands surname

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Rio de Janeiro - US Embassy

* Email was sent to NVCExpedite@State.gov: Mar 7, 2023

* Date NVC Acknowledged and Replied: Mar 8, 2023

* Date US Embassy/Consulate Approved Expedite: Mar 9, 2023

Case status still is "AT NVC". I am still waiting for an apppointment date from the consulate. I hope it comes soon.

On 3/14/2023 at 1:20 PM, MarcusPires said:

Rio de Janeiro - US Embassy

* Email was sent to NVCExpedite@State.gov: Mar 7, 2023

* Date NVC Acknowledged and Replied: Mar 8, 2023

* Date US Embassy/Consulate Approved Expedite: Mar 9, 2023

Case status still is "AT NVC". I am still waiting for an apppointment date from the consulate. I hope it comes soon.

Any update in your case? My case was expedited on March 15th it is still at NVC. How long to get the “in transit” status?

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
4 hours ago, Emily Ann said:

Any update in your case? My case was expedited on March 15th it is still at NVC. How long to get the “in transit” status?

Hello! Yes... there was a development as follows:

Rio de Janeiro - US Consulate

Email sent to NVCExpedite@state.gov - Mar 7th

NVC Acknowledged and Replied - Mar 8th

Consulate Approved Expedite - Mar 9th

NVC Confirmed Case Sent to Consulate and changed status to "In Transit" - Mar 15th

Still waiting for the Consulate to receive my case and schedule my appointment. Hope it happens soon.

14 minutes ago, MarcusPires said:

Hello! Yes... there was a development as follows:

Rio de Janeiro - US Consulate

Email sent to NVCExpedite@state.gov - Mar 7th

NVC Acknowledged and Replied - Mar 8th

Consulate Approved Expedite - Mar 9th

NVC Confirmed Case Sent to Consulate and changed status to "In Transit" - Mar 15th

Still waiting for the Consulate to receive my case and schedule my appointment. Hope it happens soon.

Thank you @MarcusPires. If you don’t mind, please keep me posted!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.