J&D1008

JULY 2021 I-129 K-1 FFILERS

721 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
4 minutes ago, SoDifficult said:

We are now at day 79 since USCIS approved our I-129F.

NOA-1: JULY 16th, 2021

NOA-2: SEPTEMBER 21st, 2022

I've been back and forth with NVC via web inquiry (https://nvc.state.gov/inquiry) and email (nvcinquiry@state.gov & nvcresearch@state.gov). This is their reply for the 3rd time:

"Although K1 petitions have a 120-day expiration date, a consular officer will revalidate this petition. You do not need to take any action. However, you may need to provide evidence that you still qualify for the K1 visa class.

For the most up-to-date information about the U.S. Embassy or Consulate's operating status, please visit their website at https://usembassy.gov.

To learn more about K1 visa processing, please visit: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/family-immigration/nonimmigrant-visa-for-a-fiance-k-1.html.

The National Visa Center (NVC) recently received your immigrant visa petition from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). Your petition is now waiting for data entry into our systems.

Since your case is not in our systems yet, we cannot make updates.

As soon as your case is in our systems, we will send a Welcome Letter and instructions. Then, if you still need help updating your case, you can contact us by using one of the methods listed on https://nvc.state.gov/ask.

For current processing times, please visit our website: https://nvc.state.gov/timeframes for English or https://nvc.state.gov/plazos for Spanish. If your petition was approved before the dates NVC is working on, please resubmit your inquiry."

---------------

I also reached out to my local senators office for assistance, and they call me this afternoon and were given the same information. They said they will keep checking and give me a call in 2 weeks if they have not heard anything.

I should also mention that I know a person who had an NOA-2 date of 9/26/2022, 5 days after mine, and they received a case number from the NVC on 11/29/2022. So clearly there is no order. Seems to me it's just luck of the draw.

Timeline

Monday Updates:

107000: 1 Denial (0 new / 1 in progress)
107500: 2 Approvals (0 new / 2 in progress)
114000: 2 Approvals (2 new / 0 in progress)
114500: 1 Approval (1 new / 0 in progress)
115000: 1 Approval (0 new / 1 in progress)
117000: 1 RFES (1 new / 0 in progress)
117500: 1 Approval (0 new / 1 in progress)
12/05/22: 9 Total Updates: 7 Approvals, 1 RFES, 1 Denial

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline

Thank you Cheddy - you have been an amazing resource and to all who provided information here. After 504 days I was approved. I am still in shock as to why it took so long yet grateful for the journey. Now to NVC nightmare although I believe the hardest part of it has passed. Thank you. #grateful

Timeline
28 minutes ago, Dada Esther said:

Thank you Cheddy - you have been an amazing resource and to all who provided information here. After 504 days I was approved. I am still in shock as to why it took so long yet grateful for the journey. Now to NVC nightmare although I believe the hardest part of it has passed. Thank you. #grateful

Congrats! You're finally done with one nightmare US agency, welcome to the next! I'm 70days and counting at the NVC with no news.

We're on the home stretch!

Timeline

Tuesday Updates:

106500: 1 RFER (0 new / 1 in progress)
107000: 1 Approval (0 new / 1 in progress)
107500: 2 Approvals, 1 RFER (0 new / 3 in progress)
108500: 2 Approvals (0 new / 2 in progress)
109000: 1 Approval, 1 RFER (1 new / 1 in progress)
109500: 1 RFER (0 new / 1 in progress)
110000: 1 Approval, 1 RFER (0 new / 2 in progress)
110500: 1 RFER (0 new / 1 in progress)
111000: 1 RFES, 1 RFER (1 new / 1 in progress)
111500: 1 Approval (0 new / 1 in progress)
112000: 1 Approval, 1 RFER (1 new / 1 in progress)
112500: 1 Approval, 1 RFER (1 new / 1 in progress)
113000: 2 RFERs (2 new / 0 in progress)
113500: 1 Approval, 2 RFERs (0 new / 3 in progress)
114000: 6 Approvals, 2 RFERs (3 new / 5 in progress)
114500: 2 Approvals (1 new / 1 in progress)
115000: 2 Approvals (0 new / 2 in progress)
115500: 1 RFER (0 new / 1 in progress)
116000: 2 Approvals, 2 RFERs (0 new / 4 in progress)
116500: 2 Approvals (0 new / 2 in progress)
117500: 1 Approval (0 new / 1 in progress)
118000: 1 Approval (0 new / 1 in progress)
118500: 1 Approval, 1 RFER (0 new / 2 in progress)
12/06/22: 48 Total Updates: 28 Approvals, 1 RFES, 19 RFERs

1 hour ago, Dada Esther said:

Congrats. How were you notified of the approval?

Timeline
12 hours ago, Sanda2022 said:

Congrats. How were you notified of the approval?

TBH I had stopped looking so I got a notification from Case Tracker and Lawfully since my case is there from USCIS.

Timeline
13 hours ago, Cheddy said:

Congrats! You're finally done with one nightmare US agency, welcome to the next! I'm 70days and counting at the NVC with no news.

We're on the home stretch!

Thank you so much - It sucks but honestly, I think the biggest huddle is over, everything here on now is just formality.

Hello everyone,

Just trying to get an idea timeline wise what others went through during this K1 Fiance Visa process. I had a few questions if you can help me out with.

1. How long did it take folks to get notified by NVC with regards to their case number getting created and that their petition was sent to the embassy on file?

2. How ling did you wait from NOA2 to email NVC to inquire about your case beng created?

3. Once the petition was sent to the embassy, how long did it take the embassy to notify you that they received the case?

4. Was the petitioner or the beneficiary notified by the embassy that they received their case and how were they notified by email or via mail? The reason that I am asking is because as you know when the I-129F petition was filed they only requested the beneficiary mail address and the petitioner's email and mail address.

5. When in the process does the beneficiary apply for the DS-160. Can the petitioner apply for the DS-160 on the beneficiary's behalf from the U.S.?

I appreciate your responses. Thank you.

Timeline
1 hour ago, LA1234 said:

Hello everyone,

Just trying to get an idea timeline wise what others went through during this K1 Fiance Visa process. I had a few questions if you can help me out with.

1. How long did it take folks to get notified by NVC with regards to their case number getting created and that their petition was sent to the embassy on file?

2. How ling did you wait from NOA2 to email NVC to inquire about your case beng created?

1) I was approved on Sept 27th. and I have not received my case number yet. It has been 75 days.

2) I emailed immediately and often:

Sept 27th: Approved by USCIS

Oct 7th: Sent AskNVC form to update emails
Oct 30th: Emailed NVCResearch asking for case number

Nov 2nd: NVCResearch responded saying the NVC has not received the case
Nov 3rd: Received response from AskNVC that they have not received it and it can take up to six weeks, and to email i797 to NVCResearch
Nov 6th: Sent email to NVC research with attached i797

Nov 10th: Received email from NVCResearch case is received they will send a welcome letter when it is processed.

Nov 17th: Sent NVC Research email for status

Nov 23rd: Sent Public Inquiry to NVC for status

Nov 28th: Received Email from NVC Research case is received they will send a welcome letter when it is processed.
Nov 30th: AskNVC Replied case is received they will send a welcome letter when it is processed.

And I plan on asking again shortly. Though we can see from their replies, that the NVC only received my case from USCIS somewhere between Nov 3rd and Nov 10th.

And from the NVC status website, You can see that as of December 5th, they are working on cases they received on October 17th. 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/nvc-timeframes.html

They update these timeframes every Monday. 

So if we do some math, I probably have to wait another week or two before my case is assigned a number.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.