JourneyFromA2

How to update Global Entry/Trusted Traveler Programs?

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

I have Global Entry / Trusted Traveler Program membership that I signed up when I still had my PRC.

In my TTP dashboard (https://ttp.cbp.dhs.gov/dashboard) I have the ability to update my passport and my PRC. However, those only allows me to update the number and expiration info and the passport section doesn't allow me to add a new passport or change the nationality.

Anyone have any idea how to update my information?

Timeline

Not sure if this covers the topic I'm asking for:  https://help.cbp.gov/s/article/Article-1265?language=en_US

I'll just have to wait and visit after I get my passport.

Timeline
1 minute ago, HRQX said:

That is correct. You'll have to go to an Enrollment Center.

Thanks. I just called and was told the same thing. Basically I need to bring my new passport with me to one of the enrollment center.

Mod: I guess you can close this thread as answered.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belgium
Timeline
On 7/2/2021 at 3:34 PM, JourneyFromA2 said:

Thanks. I just called and was told the same thing. Basically I need to bring my new passport with me to one of the enrollment center.

Mod: I guess you can close this thread as answered.

Did this last week at the airport. It took less than 10 minutes.

Spoiler

K1 Timeline:

7/18/2016 --> I-129F application sent

1/26/2017 --> K1 visa received

Adjustment of Status Timeline:

2/7/17 --> I-485, I-131, I-765 (AOS+AP+EAD) application sent

8/18/2017--> green card received in mail

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

5/14/2019 --> I-751 application sent

10/2/2020 --> 10-year green card received in mail

Naturalization Timeline:

7/28/2020--> Submitted N-400 application online

2/12/2021--> Biometrics re-use letter received

4/30/2021--> Interview scheduled for 6/8/2021

6/8/2021-->  Approved during interview

6/21/2021-->  oath ceremony - officially US citizen

K1: 7/18/2016 --> 1/26/2017

AOS: 2/7/17 --> 8/18/2017

ROC:  5/14/2019 --> 10/2/2020

Naturalization: 7/28/2020--> 6/21/2021

Timeline
56 minutes ago, NYBEtt said:

Did this last week at the airport. It took less than 10 minutes.

Very nice. Thanks for the update.

Timeline
45 minutes ago, JourneyFromA2 said:

Very nice. Thanks for the update.

one important thing I forgot: you should have your global entry card with you! You just hand that in with your passport and they set you up.

Spoiler

K1 Timeline:

Naturalization Timeline:

Timeline
8 hours ago, SusieQQQ said:

Can you do a walk-in or did you need to make an appointment?

My specific airport (JFK) allowed walk-ins and I was flying out of the same terminal so I just dropped by after I checked in for my flight. The link below lists all the global entry centers for each state and will note if any of them require appointments.

https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-traveler-programs/global-entry/enrollment-centers

Edited by NYBEtt
Spoiler

K1 Timeline:

Naturalization Timeline:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
On 7/2/2021 at 3:24 PM, JourneyFromA2 said:

I have Global Entry / Trusted Traveler Program membership that I signed up when I still had my PRC.

In my TTP dashboard (https://ttp.cbp.dhs.gov/dashboard) I have the ability to update my passport and my PRC. However, those only allows me to update the number and expiration info and the passport section doesn't allow me to add a new passport or change the nationality.

Anyone have any idea how to update my information?

I am in the same situation, but with NEXUS and not Global Entry.

I renewed before the expiration (prior to my naturalization) and because of that, my current NEXUS membership has been extended by one year. I eventually received conditional approval subject to the interview, but cannot seem to go to a NEXUS Enrollment Center (not in Canada for sure as borders are still closed for non-essential travels – but maybe a U.S. one?).

In any case, I am stuck because I cannot use a Global Entry kiosk until I do a walk-in visit in a NEXUS Center to update my renewal application (no need to update my current membership since I am already conditionally approved on my renewal application).

• 3 months later...
On 10/30/2021 at 5:19 AM, sheffield57 said:

Hi all, did anyone automatically receive a new global entry card after doing a passport update post naturalization? The old GE card has old citizenship info on it, wondering if I need to apply for a replacement card. Thanks!

If you want the physical card updated you'll need to order a replacement card online, it costs $25.

30 minutes ago, bing10 said:

If you want the physical card updated you'll need to order a replacement card online, it costs $25.

Do you need it updated? It never occurred to me to do so and the officer that updated my details for me didn’t mention anything about it. 

1 minute ago, SusieQQQ said:

Do you need it updated? It never occurred to me to do so and the officer that updated my details for me didn’t mention anything about it. 

Good question, I'm not sure!

I replaced mine, as we sometimes drive over the border to Canada, and I didn't know if it would cause problems having the old citizenship showing, but it may also be fine using the old card.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Not necessary to get an updated card, because the Trusted Traveler Program cards are usually of limited use, except to enter the United States by land or sea ports, in which case it would be advised to have the correct citizenship reflected on the card if used to be presented to the CBP Officer.

With that being said, in the case specifically for NEXUS (and only NEXUS), the NEXUS card is formally a WHTI (Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative) document, and can be used as a sole identification document (meaning no need for a passport) for travels between Canada and the U.S. either by air, land or sea, but only for Canadian and U.S. citizens (not LPRs). In that case, it is imperative that the NEXUS card shows your citizenship either as "CAN" or "USA".

Not all airlines implement that however. In my experience, only Air Canada has so far allowed travelers to use solely their NEXUS card for check-in purposes and document verification. You can register your NEXUS card (with your Pass ID number) in Air Canada's systems under your profile the same way as you would save your passport information. I use and present exclusively my NEXUS card for my trips to Canada (at least when flying Air Canada or driving).

Cheers,

VinnyH

Edited by VinnyH
typo

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.