Abisflores

JUNE 2021 I-130 PETITION FOR PARENTS OF USC

68 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline

Hello everyone, 

Here I am coming back after this long time to this website. It is time to apply for my mother and 2 brothers to come to USA. I applied for my mother on June 2021 to come to US from Syria. I will share all the timelines of this process so that others can benefits as well. Good luck everyone and I hope the process will be better and faster than 2 years. 

Best of luck to everyone. 

I-130 (Parent)

- Submitted June 2021

- 1st NOA (June 2021)

I-130 (Brother 1)

- Submitted (September 2019)

- 1st NOA (September 2019)

I-130 (Brother 2)

- Submitted (Not yet)

- 1st NOA (Not yet)

Timeline
On 9/8/2021 at 10:13 PM, ReynaHari said:

here's mine for my parents!

My mom and dad have the same status so far. I'm gonna pay the AOS and IV processing fee. 

Status Date
Case Was Sent To The Department of State September 5, 2021
Your case for your Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative was approved. September 2, 2021
We are actively reviewing your Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative. Our records showed nothing is outstanding at this time. September 1, 2021
We received your Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, and sent you a receipt notice. June 4, 2021

Congratulations!!

What is your processing center? We have similar timeline and I filed it online on June 16, 2021 they sent it to POTOMAC service center. I did not hear back from them so far. Did you request it to be expedited??

I am glad your case is moving fast. Best of luck. 

I-130 (Parent)

- Submitted June 2021

- 1st NOA (June 2021)

I-130 (Brother 1)

I-130 (Brother 2)

- Submitted (Not yet)

- 1st NOA (Not yet)

Timeline
On 9/2/2021 at 11:48 AM, B3zo_Mimo said:

I Submitted July 9th for my mother, currently status shows case under review as of July 29th. I tried to expedite 3 times under humanitarian basis and sever financial hardship, got rejected. I reached out to Senators but got no help. Literally under the mercy of USCIS. I know it is a June thread but I just needed to find some support and hopefully if any of the cases here gets approved, that will give me some positive energy that our turn will be coming soon.

Hello, 

My mother is from Syria (same region). At least your case is under review. That means they are working on it and reviewing it. I heard that expedite request is pretty hard. I submitted mine on June 2021 and still nothing happened. It shows that my center (Potomac Center) now processing I-130 cases that were filed on May 2020. Seems long way to go for me. 

I-130 (Parent)

- Submitted June 2021

- 1st NOA (June 2021)

I-130 (Brother 1)

I-130 (Brother 2)

- Submitted (Not yet)

- 1st NOA (Not yet)

Holy moly @ReynaHari! That is super fast! Congratulations to ya!

Hope you get some good news soon @blackknight1609

Both of my petitions for my parents are still pending. Just received RFI today requesting my birth certificate (AGAIN 🙄) that indicates our relationship. Pretty annoyed as I can see the birth certificate right there on my uploads page on USCIS from when I initially submitted my packet but here we are. 

11 hours ago, jess2go said:

Holy moly @ReynaHari! That is super fast! Congratulations to ya!

Hope you get some good news soon @blackknight1609

Both of my petitions for my parents are still pending. Just received RFI today requesting my birth certificate (AGAIN 🙄) that indicates our relationship. Pretty annoyed as I can see the birth certificate right there on my uploads page on USCIS from when I initially submitted my packet but here we are. 

I have seen people had their case approved a few days after RFI. Could be a good sign!

Are both your parents “being actively reviewed”?

14 hours ago, k3vin said:

I have seen people had their case approved a few days after RFI. Could be a good sign!

Are both your parents “being actively reviewed”?

Thank you! Hopefully, but not too concerned  it if isn’t. Yes. Both of their cases are back to “being actively reviewed” as of yesterday, 19 Oct, after I sent the RFE response. Didn’t even wait for the letter to arrive in the mail.

The annoyance was mostly that I uploaded the document they needed, right above the document that was already in there. I can’t complain all that much though. It hasn’t been a harrowing experience for my parents and I as it has been for some. For that, I’m grateful. 

Edited by jess2go

• 3 weeks later...
22 hours ago, kels430 said:

Been quiet here lately! Anyone have any case updates? We submitted our AOS/IV package today! Now we wait, and here's to hoping we don't get an RFE 🙃

Congrats! Hope you are RFE-free with your AOS. I received the same RFE for my AOS and Petition so I just had to resubmit the same things I had already submitted with my AOS again but no biggie. Here's to the waiting game! No updates on my end. Good luck to ya! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Singapore
Timeline

Hi everyone, 

I am here to give an update on my parents' cases. 

I submitted i130 on June 4th, got a RFE for birth cert in Sep, which was in the first submission. So I re-uploaded and explained in the cover letter. 

Two months later, today I got approval notice for both of my parents. Both cases were in Nebraska if that helps. 

Next step I will have to wait for the cases to be transferred the NVC. So good luck to me and everyone!

i130 (both parents)

2021/06/04 i130 filed online, routed to Nebraska

2021/09/03 RFE received, responded within a day
2021/11/19 Both i130 approved.

Currently waiting for cases to be transferred to NVC

• 2 months later...
Filed: IR-5 Country: Mexico
Timeline

New update on my case! Received a notification today that we have been documentarily qualified, now comes the long part... waiting for the interview date 🥴

Timeline
26 minutes ago, kels430 said:

New update on my case! Received a notification today that we have been documentarily qualified, now comes the long part... waiting for the interview date 🥴

I got similar update but it says this: 

Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

As of January XX, 2022, we are actively reviewing your Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, Receipt Number XXXXXXXXXXX

Our records show nothing is outstanding at this time. We will let you know if we need anything from you. 

I-130 (Parent)

- Submitted June 2021

- 1st NOA (June 2021)

I-130 (Brother 1)

I-130 (Brother 2)

- Submitted (Not yet)

- 1st NOA (Not yet)

Timeline
On 2/9/2022 at 6:52 PM, blackknight1609 said:

I got similar update but it says this: 

Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

As of January XX, 2022, we are actively reviewing your Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, Receipt Number XXXXXXXXXXX

Our records show nothing is outstanding at this time. We will let you know if we need anything from you. 

Ah you must be at a slower service center. We are done with USCIS and NVC stages, everything has been approved so now we're just waiting for them to send us an interview date. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Mel1995 said:

Hello, the petition is asking where does the beneficiary live now? what should i respond if the beneficiary lives in the usa?

Are you doing an adjustment of status? If it asks where they live now and they live in the U.S. then that's what you need to put on the form.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.