MelOe

Approved during AOS interview but status says case must be reviewed

8 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Hi all,

we had our AOS interview from my K1 visa two weeks ago, and it went pretty well. At the end the officer told me he would just have to verify that my medical was less than one year old at the time of filing (which I know it was) and then he would approve me.

Since that interview my status on the USCIS website has been sitting at "Interview was completed and my case must be reviewed". At first I thought it would change to approved as soon as the officer verified the date of my medical. After a few days I figured maybe there is no in between status from this one until card was issued, which it would surely change to within a few days. Now that almost two weeks have passed I'm starting to worry if something went wrong. Am I just overreacting? Is this the normal status before being issed a GC, and how long does it usually take to get a GC these days? My employment authorization document will expire in August, so if this status means that they really are doing some further review of my case I think I need to file for an extension soon so I don't have to quit my job. It never ends lol

I would appreciate you guys' experience with this status, is it routine or am I in some kind of post interview review process? Any idea at what point I can expect to hear something?

Thank you for your advice!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

It's the normal status after the interview for many. Unfortunately nobody can say how long it will take for yours to change. They do have 120 days to make a decision. If you want to get it out of your head file for a EAD renewal though the status will probably change 5 minutes after you dropped your application of 😁

On 6/21/2021 at 10:30 PM, MelOe said:

Hi all,

we had our AOS interview from my K1 visa two weeks ago, and it went pretty well. At the end the officer told me he would just have to verify that my medical was less than one year old at the time of filing (which I know it was) and then he would approve me.

Since that interview my status on the USCIS website has been sitting at "Interview was completed and my case must be reviewed". At first I thought it would change to approved as soon as the officer verified the date of my medical. After a few days I figured maybe there is no in between status from this one until card was issued, which it would surely change to within a few days. Now that almost two weeks have passed I'm starting to worry if something went wrong. Am I just overreacting? Is this the normal status before being issed a GC, and how long does it usually take to get a GC these days? My employment authorization document will expire in August, so if this status means that they really are doing some further review of my case I think I need to file for an extension soon so I don't have to quit my job. It never ends lol

I would appreciate you guys' experience with this status, is it routine or am I in some kind of post interview review process? Any idea at what point I can expect to hear something?

@MelOe, I would be patient. I would go ahead and renew your EAD/AP. Submitting the renewal application in a timely manner will automatically renew your EAD for 180 days. Your expired EAD and NOA will serve as proof of the extension. USCIS just updated guidelines and they will approve your renewal for 2 years instead of 1. 

There is really no way to tell how long USCIS may take to adjudicate your I-485. For all you know, the officer may be out sick or on vacation. There is technically no time limit to adjudicate AOS cases. They strive for 120 days and sometimes they give you a sheet that states that but technically, there is no limit. https://www.islawfirm.com/3-myths-about-adjustment-of-status-process/

If the officer told you everything was fine, then I would just hold on to that for peace of mind. 

I-751 Joint Filing.

06-15-2021 - Case was updated to show fingerprints were taken. 

05-26-2021 - Received NOA/extension letter. Notice date and postmarked 05-20-2021.

05-23-2021 - Received text message with Receipt #. YSC Potomac Center.

05-21-2021 - Checks cashed (processing on joint checking account)

05-07-2021 - I-751 received in Arizona.

Marriage-based AOS - Concurrent filing.

05-07-2019 - AOS Approved. Resident since date 05/07/2019.

05-06-2019 - AOS Interview

04-23-2018 - "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview"

03-16-2018 - Priority Date.

Timeline

Thank you for your advice, guys! I guess I'll start filling out paperwork to file for extension of my EAD then, just to be on the safe side (and possibly hasten my approval by way of murphy's law ;))

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 6/21/2021 at 10:30 PM, MelOe said:

Hi all,

I had mine in Raleigh on May 7th, it's almost 2 months and nothing.

I sent in a service request, and they just said to wait 90more days.

Our interview went well, and the officer said a few weeks -- guess he's bad at estimates?

Timeline
11 hours ago, Zaraliaya said:

I had mine in Raleigh on May 7th, it's almost 2 months and nothing.

I sent in a service request, and they just said to wait 90more days.

Our interview went well, and the officer said a few weeks -- guess he's bad at estimates?

Oh no, I guess this step too just takes a much longer time than it is supposed to then... Fingers crossed that you hear something soon!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Bahamas
Timeline
13 minutes ago, MelOe said:

Oh no, I guess this step too just takes a much longer time than it is supposed to then... Fingers crossed that you hear something soon!

We legit had the same interview with the same ending results only thing is my status didn’t change to that it still says interview scheduled 

Timeline

Wohoo, my status just changed to "Case was Approved"! I guess I won't need to file for extension of my EAD after all :D I hope you guys get the same news soon as well, I'm definitely keeping my fingers crossed for you @Zaraliaya@DiazEdgecombe9194

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.