2,965 posts in this topic

30 minutes ago, Nina Galia said:

Hello Visa journey family! I hope everyone is doing well. I am a little confused I just received an update of my uscis account that: correspondence was received , but vawa was approved on 02/2021 . I just mailed my medical exam on Sept 15 . Does anyone knows what that means? Thanks everyone .Screenshot_20210922-094449_Chrome.thumb.jpg.a4e7adc5268c603e1ad492e0f6242b6d.jpg

USCIS randomly put that message when they look into your file. I got the same one and never sent anything.

You waited 5 years for the I360 approval? Do you know why such a long time?

Just now, Rosa Garcia said:

USCIS randomly put that message when they look into your file. I got the same one and never sent anything.

You waited 5 years for the I360 approval? Do you know why such a long time?

I did sent the I-693 form for the medical exam last week . Yes - it took a long time I don't know why😩

37 minutes ago, Nina Galia said:

Hello Visa journey family! I hope everyone is doing well. I am a little confused I just received an update of my uscis account that: correspondence was received , but vawa was approved on 02/2021 . I just mailed my medical exam on Sept 15 . Does anyone knows what that means? Thanks everyone .Screenshot_20210922-094449_Chrome.thumb.jpg.a4e7adc5268c603e1ad492e0f6242b6d.jpg

It could mean they sent VT a letter letting them know your GC was approved. Happened with me. Check the status of your AOS

08/2017 - Married USC

09/2017 - Application for I-485, I-765, I-131

12/2017 - Approval  I-765, I-131

09/2018 Renewal application for I-765, I-131

04/2019 - I-485 interview scheduled 

04/2019 - I-485 denied, husband withdrew

05/2019 - Application for  I-360, I-485, I-765, I-131 

12/2019 EAD, AP approval

07/2020 EAD, AP renewal sent to Vermont

10/2020 EAD, AP Approval

11/2020 VAWA I-360 Approved (C31 produced)

01/2021 I-360 status changed to case approved

03/2021 - I-693 deficient notice from national benefit center

24 minutes ago, Ana FL said:

It could mean they sent VT a letter letting them know your GC was approved. Happened with me. Check the status of your AOS

Hello. Nothing changed for i-485 - still shows that fingerprints were taken on May 27th. Who knows maybe the status will change in the next few days .

Thank you.  I got little scared .😆

On 9/21/2021 at 2:36 PM, Demise said:

From the legal perspective there's no risk from you. Asylees and refugees and GC holders who got it via asylum/refugee status need to avoid their country of origin like the plague until they naturalize.

Also, considering that the abusive spouse has to be a USC or LPR, why would they have foreign influence exactly?

My cousin applied for asylum, later on he was put in removal proceedings for asylum. After he got married to USC, he went for i130 interview, they asked him to terminate the proceedings first before they can approve his i130. His proceedings were terminated last March 2021 and 3 weeks after USCIS approved his green card. His lawyer told him he can travel to his home country as removal proceedings were terminated. Last June him and his wife travel to his home country easily and came back without any issue. He travelled to his home country with his home country passport (new passport he got from the his am ambassy here in the USA) and his green card because he didn't applied for a travel document based on green card. His trip was great, no complications for his asylum that was in removal, everything were fine

Edited by God is a good God

38 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Congratulations dear! It definitely is congratulations…🎊🥂🎉😃 this one is secured!🙏

Thank you hun! I’ve got my appointment set for my medical exam this Monday. I am so excited! After three years, I’m seeing the light at the end of the tunnel!😇

1 hour ago, Rosa Garcia said:

Guys do you know if USCIS investigates all the factors regarding divorce; talking to witnesses, ex spouses, their families, judge from the court etc? Thank you

Not likely but, if they want to they can. As long as the Divorce was issued by courts signed by a Judge they don't chase behind other facts. 

If any one here knows the difference between C31 EAD and C14 (differed action) EAD. And what evidence should be submitted with C14 EAD application.  

21 minutes ago, RoundRock said:

If any one here knows the difference between C31 EAD and C14 (differed action) EAD. And what evidence should be submitted with C14 EAD application.  

C31 is issued after your case has been approved . C 14 is the EAD for differed action applicant and you claim to suffer financial hardship of some sort . 

2 hours ago, Rosa Garcia said:

Guys do you know if USCIS investigates all the factors regarding divorce; talking to witnesses, ex spouses, their families, judge from the court etc? Thank you

Within the etc…I’ve heard of USCIS calling and visiting homes to confirm any suspicion whatsoever. So yeah they investigate largely. Also I’ve heard of them calling witnesses to confirm facts… do not in any way underestimate them. 👍😕

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.