2,965 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, FeDaniela said:

New York city asking me for so many thing, I need it to submit not only the Prima Facie, proof the I did something to stop or report the abuse ( I sent police report and order of protection), proof the we no longer reside with the abuser ( I sent the court documents which it has his new address), My EAD, MY ID, I really did not know why.  For me was a headache but I was approved and had Medicaid with Vision and dental $0 cost since 2018. They provide me as a battered qualified alien. Renewal has been automatically they check my income every year. I recommend you to do it with a community center I applied on my own on the NYS Health Market place maybe thats why they ask for so much proof. Many blessings. 

Thank you so much for the response. 

Do you know what are the common community centers? 

If you have to do by yourself then how can i do it? is it online? do you know the website? 

I tried but could not find it. Thanks

Just now, balo101 said:

Thank you so much for the response. 

Do you know what are the common community centers? 

If you have to do by yourself then how can i do it? is it online? do you know the website? 

I tried but could not find it. Thanks

I did the application online here is the link https://nystateofhealth.ny.gov/ you choose individual insurance and get started with the process you can also upload all the documents they request in there since you will be setting up an account. 

Community center I do not know but you can google in NYC area. 

14 minutes ago, Sk N said:

share your timeline please congrats 

April 10 2018 filed for I360, I485 and I765 c09

every time when I had proofs or updates I was sending them even if they did not ask for 

April 10 2019 - I 360 last update we received your correspondence and reviewing it

since then did not get any updates till 09/04/2021 a letter

September 7 2021 - I360 case was approved  

Applied 3 times through ombudsman did not help.

On 03/08/2021 applied Through congressman got an update from him on 05/27/2021 that my case wasn’t assigned to any officer. Congressman helped!!

Filed: Other Timeline
4 hours ago, balo101 said:

Has anyone applied for Medicaid or Medicare or any kind of health insurance with Prima Facia without social security in New York? or any other state? 

I applied in North Carolina for myself and children, they approved my children application and denied mine.

4 hours ago, Eureka93 said:

Hi everyone!

I am writing this, looking at my green card, to bring everyone still waiting some hope.

I never thought this day would come but it did. All praise to the Almighty for his guidance and grace to be able to do all this by myself.

My field office is the Baltimore office and my process started in December of 2016.

Please see my timeline below:

12/2016: USCIS received my I485 and I130 based on my marriage.

07/2017: My ex husband and I were scheduled for an interview, which I had to attend on my own as he did not show up.

02/2018: USCIS received my I360 application and started working on it.

08/2019: My I360 was approved.

12/2019: Update/ USCIS has received your correspondence and is reviewing it. (I had sent nothing to USCIS so this left me puzzled for months on end)

08/04/22021: My I485 interview was scheduled. I was asked to renew my medical exams and send them back in so they could make a decision.

08/14/2021: I sent my I693 in.

08/19/2021: USCIS acknowledged receipt of my I693.

08/25/2021: New I485 card was ordered.

08/26/2021: On my birthday at that, I485 was approved.

08/30/2021: My green card was mailed.

09/02/2021: My card was delivered to my home.

Faith and next level patience are key in this process.

My mind went through so many scenarios, so much fear, so many sleepless nights, stress, the inability to travel and go see family amongst so many other things for over five years.

The impact that not having such a tiny card has on one's life in this country is immeasurable.

To everyone still on this journey, I wish you well and pray you get to experience the joy and relief that getting your green card brings.

I am open to answering any questions. 

Stay blessed y'all

Congratulations 

Filed: Timeline
4 hours ago, Eureka93 said:

Faith and next level patience are key in this process.

My mind went through so many scenarios, so much fear, so many sleepless nights, stress, the inability to travel and go see family amongst so many other things for over five years.

The impact that not having such a tiny card has on one's life in this country is immeasurable.

How true! 

Dear friends - i got the green card earlier this year. Thank you all for all the support and help. 

i still have my old “temporary” social security card that i got when was on work visa. SS offices are closed due to covid. Does anyone know how to update / replace it with “standard” ss card? I may be getting a new job soon and just need to ensure the ss card is standard

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.