JoshandSarah

What to upload to NVC?

30 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Hi guys! 

We are applying from New Zealand, you might remember us from the forums on here over previous months. 

So we got our NOA2 today but we are just wondering what documents we would have to upload for the NVC such as civil documents etc when it gets there, I'm trying to find specific results FOR NEW ZEALAND but can't seem to find transparent answers on the state department website.

Can anyone from New Zealand give us some insight on what documents are needed for upload? 

Thank you! 

Josh & Sarah 

Edited by JoshandSarah

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
45 minutes ago, JoshandSarah said:

Hi guys! 

We are applying from New Zealand, you might remember us from the forums on here over previous months. 

So we got our NOA2 today but we are just wondering what documents we would have to upload for the NVC such as civil documents etc when it gets there, I'm trying to find specific results FOR NEW ZEALAND but can't seem to find transparent answers on the state department website.

Can anyone from New Zealand give us some insight on what documents are needed for upload? 

Thank you! 

Josh & Sarah 

Nothing gets uploaded to NVC for a k1

YMMV

Timeline

Can you expand on that? 

Sorry that was my understanding but maybe we are super confused over here, so what's next after our NOA2 then where does our application go? 

Thanks so much for replying,

Josh & Sarah

Edited by JoshandSarah

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, JoshandSarah said:

Can you expand on that? 

Sorry that was my understanding but maybe we are super confused over here, so what's next after our NOA2 then where does our application go? 

Thanks so much for replying,

Josh & Sarah

When an individual recieves noa2 and case is been sent to NVC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 minute ago, T&Queen said:

When an individual recieves noa2 and case is been sent to NVC

K-1 don't send anything before interview, you are to go with those documents. CR1/IR1 do send documents before interview.

Timeline
1 minute ago, T&Queen said:

K-1 don't send anything before interview, you are to go with those documents. CR1/IR1 do send documents before interview.

Oh okay, thank you very much. So seeing as we don't have to upload documents or wait for them to review documents how long should we be expecting to wait?

Thanks again! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Nothing is being uploaded at the NVC stage when you're going the K-1 route. The case goes there to get a case number and to be routed to the embassy. Depending on how backlogged your particular embassy is, it can take a very long time for the case to leave NVC.

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Scandi said:

Nothing is being uploaded at the NVC stage when you're going the K-1 route. The case goes there to get a case number and to be routed to the embassy. Depending on how backlogged your particular embassy is, it can take a very long time for the case to leave NVC.

Thanks so much for your reply! So with New Zealand I've read it doesn't get a lot of applications, does this mean it would speed up the NVC phase? 

Thank you! 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, JoshandSarah said:

Thanks so much for your reply! So with New Zealand I've read it doesn't get a lot of applications, does this mean it would speed up the NVC phase? 

Thank you! 

Under normal circumstances approved i-129f cases only stay at NVC for a few days before being shipped off to the different embassies. However, we are going through a pandemic (I'm still surprised by how many people have already forgotten about that) and K-1 visas haven't been processed at most embassies for almost a whole year or even more. People have still been able to file their petitions and have those processed, so now embassies will have to start working on the massive backlog of all the visa applications that were put on hold for so long. 

That means we don't know how massive that backlog is. You don't know how many cases are in front of you in line at this point. You can always contact the embassy and see if you can get an answer.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Scandi said:

Under normal circumstances approved i-129f cases only stay at NVC for a few days before being shipped off to the different embassies. However, we are going through a pandemic (I'm still surprised by how many people have already forgotten about that) and K-1 visas haven't been processed at most embassies for almost a whole year or even more. People have still been able to file their petitions and have those processed, so now embassies will have to start working on the massive backlog of all the visa applications that were put on hold for so long. 

That means we don't know how massive that backlog is. You don't know how many cases are in front of you in line at this point. You can always contact the embassy and see if you can get an answer.

Yeah totally, I get that. It would help if there were more results on visa journey to see haha but I guess that's what happens when you're from a small country, not as many people applying! what peices of mail/emails should I be expecting after "Approval" on the case status online tool, e.g. would I get a notification when it leaves USCIS or when it arrives at NVC or when it ships etc? Thanks again! 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, JoshandSarah said:

Yeah totally, I get that. It would help if there were more results on visa journey to see haha but I guess that's what happens when you're from a small country, not as many people applying! what peices of mail/emails should I be expecting after "Approval" on the case status online tool, e.g. would I get a notification when it leaves USCIS or when it arrives at NVC or when it ships etc? Thanks again! 

Back when I filed we just called NVC to get the case number, back then we waited about 30 days from i-129f approval until we called as that's how long it took for NVC to receive the petition from USCIS. No idea what it's like these days. 

When you have your case number you can check the status here:

https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx

If still at NVC the status will simply say "At NVC". There's also "In Transit" and once the embassy has received the case it will say "Ready". 

Edited by Scandi

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Scandi said:

Back when I filed we just called NVC to get the case number, back then we waited about 30 days from i-129f approval until we called as that's how long it took for NVC to receive the petition from USCIS. No idea what it's like these days. 

When you have your case number you can check the status here:

https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx

If still at NVC the status will simply say "At NVC". There's also "In Transit" and once the embassy has received the case it will say "Ready". 

Thanks so much! these little things are so good to know and only once one has been through it would they know, hopefully doesn't take too long.

Once we get our case number (which I'm assuming will come through email?) will all the updates be through ceac and not email or mail? 

Sorry if there is a few questions in this but I had a few things on my mind, on the USCIS case status tracker we got "approved" but haven't had a text yet, is this just simply a delay with getting the text? Thanks for your time! 

Edited by JoshandSarah

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, JoshandSarah said:

Thanks so much! these little things are so good to know and only once one has been through it would they know, hopefully doesn't take too long.

Once we get our case number (which I'm assuming will come through email?) will all the updates be through ceac and not email or mail? 

Sorry if there is a few questions in this but I had a few things on my mind, on the USCIS case status tracker we got "approved" but haven't had a text yet, is this just simply a delay with getting the text? Thanks for your time! 

You may never get a text message.   Most important is the notice you get via post

YMMV

Timeline

For USCIS you need to log into your online account and change the settings to receive notifications. If you used form g-1145 when you filed, then know that form is only to receive the acceptance text/email, it doesn't give you any further notifications after the acceptance one.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Scandi said:

For USCIS you need to log into your online account and change the settings to receive notifications. If you used form g-1145 when you filed, then know that form is only to receive the acceptance text/email, it doesn't give you any further notifications after the acceptance one.

By acceptance I'm assuming you mean NOA1, and if that's the case that's really interesting, so when they contact us with a case number for NVC I'm assuming it will be via email or mail or? Thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.