holdingonforhope

Poland - K-1 Visa | Interview Stage Proof of Ongoing Relationship

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

Hi everyone,

We are applying for K-1 Visa, and my fiancée's interview in Warsaw, Poland is coming up in a few days. I have a question about "Proof of Ongoing Relationship" that is being requested.

Does it make sense to bring anything that was already in the original I-129F packet? Or should it just be evidence from AFTER the petition was submitted?

Don't want to cause unnecessary clutter during the interview, but at the same time the most recent pictures of us together are from the I-129F submission. I haven't been able to travel to her because of the pandemic.

Any help or guidance is greatly appreciated.

Edited by holdingonforhope

1 hour ago, holdingonforhope said:

that is being requested.

What do you mean?  Were you explicitly requested to bring this?   The beneficiary can absolutely bring evidence of visits subsequent to the petition filing.   I wouldn't think Poland would be a difficult consulate, as it is not a high fraud country.  My husband went through a similar consulate, and brought evidence of the visits we had after filing, but that was not pivotal for approval.

Edited by Jorgedig

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

What do you mean?  Were you explicitly requested to bring this?

Yeah. Right in my email inbox:

“Proof of your relationship with your fiancé (letters, telephone bills, photographs, airline tickets, etc.).”

Not sure where I saw the word “ongoing”, but I’m confident I read it somewhere.

I’m thinking better safe to bring all the evidence from the I-129F, right? Along with the more recent stuff?

6 minutes ago, holdingonforhope said:

Yeah. Right in my email inbox:

“Proof of your relationship with your fiancé (letters, telephone bills, photographs, airline tickets, etc.).”

Not sure where I saw the word “ongoing”, but I’m confident I read it somewhere.

I’m thinking better safe to bring all the evidence from the I-129F, right? Along with the more recent stuff?

Oh, that is odd!  But, yes.  I totally agree:  beneficiary should bring any relationship/visit evidence that has transpired after the petition was filed.  You could bring a copy of what you sent with the petition, but they have that.  

Must be something unique to your consulate.  Definitely follow their instructions, and best of luck!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline

Proof of ongoing relationship since the last time evidence was sent to the US government 

* meetings 

* texts 

* call logs 

* fresh statements of intent to marry within 90 days of PoE

* any joint financial records 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline

We haven't had any visits since the pandemic either. We're planning on compiling some of our messages and call logs. We have so many that we will definitely have to condense them. She is thinking of bringing some of the letters I've written to her. We've also considered having a supportive family member write a letter of support for us.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
37 minutes ago, xxlian said:

We haven't had any visits since the pandemic either. We're planning on compiling some of our messages and call logs. We have so many that we will definitely have to condense them. She is thinking of bringing some of the letters I've written to her. We've also considered having a supportive family member write a letter of support for us.

This is all good but you’ve omitted the new statements of intent to marry within 90 days of entering the USA on the K-1 visa.

Also add each other as authorized users on your credit cards.   

Edited by Mike E

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline
4 hours ago, Mike E said:

This is all good but you’ve omitted the new statements of intent to marry within 90 days of entering the USA on the K-1 visa.

Also add each other as authorized users on your credit cards.   

Yes, I know. I was just answering the question about specifically evidence for an ongoing relationship since I am at the same embassy as OP. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline

I had my interview in Warsaw in April and I brought some pics with dates and places written in back side of them, printed call logs showing we have been in touch all that time before interview, my pics from website where we met with messages and what's app messages, but they didn't ask to show anything from it. The CO only took affidavit if support, birth certificate translation, tax return and that's all. Don't over think! If your relationship is real they won't ask any additional info! They are super good in Warsaw! Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.