DJ_

Same-sex marriage and age gap, how is the chance?

6 posts in this topic

hello, everyone. I am new to this site. I reviewed many topics in the forum which inspired me a lot about my k1 visa process. But I am still worried. My fiancé and I are 22 years age gap. We are gay couple too. He is a US citizen. I met him for nearly three and half years. I knew him in November, 2017 in US when I went to US as J1 visa. I went back to my country when my program was end and he found a job in my country to get close to me in 2019. In Feb. 2020, he had to go back to US cuz some of severe family issues. We have never met again since that time because of the pandemic virus spread. We are now deciding to process the  k1 visa. Now I still have some concern about this application. I hope someone here can help me please. 1. We dont have many pictures for both appearance. There are 6 pieces in total. some of them are like three years ago. Will these be helpful? 2. We prepare some chat history in the past three years. And I also have a lot of bus tickets while I visit him. Some movie tickets, hotel receipts and gift pictures are also shown. Are these be useful? I prepare the evidence like 50 pages. Are they enough? I dont know whether these can proof our ongoing relationship. Or I need more kinds of proof? I will appreciate your help. Thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Age gaps can be a concern regardless.  The best course of action is to spend as much time in person together as possible to prove a bonafide relationship.  Your USC partner can file the I129F and submit the evidence you have, but they have less than 8 months to do it since your last in person meeting was February 2020.  Evidence more than 2 years old can be helpful in showing a long-term relationship, but you also need to focus on the current time.

Good Luck!

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

33 minutes ago, DJ_ said:

I prepare the evidence like 50 pages. Are they enough? I dont know whether these can proof our ongoing relationship.

What is your country of residence?  That's important in determining how much "front-loading" of bona fide relationship evidence is recommended.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

My fiance visa was approved June 3rd, 2021 and we have a 40 year age difference.  Same sex couple and I visited him 8 times and spend over 150 days together in the last 3 years.  But I honestly do not think there is a 100 percent process to get approval, if you are in love, that should come throght.  Good luck.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

Don't forget to include stamps from both of your passports, travel history/i-94. Have you maybe lived together? I agree tho, that you also need to focus on now, you have limited amount of time left to file because of the "2 year" requirement.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Send your evidence to your US citizen boyfriend, he files the I-129F petition.  He should also add his passport stamps showing entry/exit to your country, original boarding passes, and hotel receipts from the most recent visit.  It would also be a good idea for him to have an account here on Visa Journey, to learn more about the process, required evidence of meeting no more than two years before filing the petition, and the pros and cons of the K-1 visa.  Many here would suggest that getting married and filing an I-130 petition for a spousal visa is a much better US immigration path, as you can work and travel internationally immediately after entry to the US, without the need for the adjustment of status process with its months and months of delays in getting advance parole to travel, work authorization, and eventually a green card.  Good luck!  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.