Lackeisha876

Documentarily Qualified petitions waiting for an Interview at the US embassy Jamaica

57 posts in this topic

Timeline
28 minutes ago, Akilah15 said:

I didn't get the 120 days email but I got the 60 days email. I was very hopeful when I got it until I realized that they just sent it to everybody. Even people DQ in September and December 2020 got it. 

Us citizens are unfortunately stuck too. They've been stuck at DQ September 2020 since February and haven't moved. The only people moving right now are people who request that their case be expedited.

Got the 120 days letter in March. Haven't received a 60 day 😪 

Timeline
31 minutes ago, poolaye86 said:

oh wow.  I feel it's a new thing they started this year, maybe since Biden took office to allay fears. Keep us updated please... 

Yes it's a new pilot program. Here are the details:

NVC has started a pilot in which all case parties are sent an electronic notification 60 days after their case has reached documentarily complete status if the case has not been scheduled.

The notification assures applicants that they don't need to take any further action, and that their case will be scheduled for interview in a first-in, first-out manner, as soon as the interviewing embassy or consulate can accommodate them. 

That message will be repeated every 120 days there-after until the case is scheduled.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Due to COVID, JA Embassy reduced the number of interviews scheduled daily.  They have shut down due to COVID 3 times this year.  They were moving and then in February cancelled everybody for the entire month due to COVID in the building.  They are struggling to catch up and NVC is still processing applications.

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

18 hours ago, Lackeisha876 said:

WOW!!! Ouch. That is Crazy! I have long held the suspicion that nothing will happen anytime soon. Not this year. Maybe not even next year. But it is sooo frustrating. Literally waiting on ONE interview.. technically the final steps.. sigh.

Goodluck to you. My son in law and daughter were DQ in April 2020. He had his interview June 16th in Evypt

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
11 minutes ago, hannysgrammy@gmai said:

Goodluck to you. My son in law and daughter were DQ in April 2020. He had his interview June 16th in Evypt

Are you a USC filing for your daughter? I'm assuming she's also over 21. It's great they have an interview for next week. Come back to tell us how it went. They'll be fine.

Timeline

I called the JM embassy just now. Got a prompt response. No IVR. I was advised that they are clearing up the backlog in Jamaica and once that is done, the NVC will send the cases they have there waiting. Based on her conversation, It would seem they've been working the cases and increasing the number of cases they interact with. I can't speak to any category but the individual mentioned that they are working on all IV cases and that they are almost through clearing the JM backlog. That is sorta good news but still such a long way to go. I'm really trying my best to be patient but it has been eight years. My goodness. I don't know about anyone else, but this process has affected my mental health a great deal and I am just ready for the silver lining. 

Lord knows that NVC backlog is going to be another hurdle but I would still prefer to hear that they have moved on to it. Sigh tears

Filed: IR-5 Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 hour ago, Lackeisha876 said:

I called the JM embassy just now. Got a prompt response. No IVR. I was advised that they are clearing up the backlog in Jamaica and once that is done, the NVC will send the cases they have there waiting. Based on her conversation, It would seem they've been working the cases and increasing the number of cases they interact with. I can't speak to any category but the individual mentioned that they are working on all IV cases and that they are almost through clearing the JM backlog. That is sorta good news but still such a long way to go. I'm really trying my best to be patient but it has been eight years. My goodness. I don't know about anyone else, but this process has affected my mental health a great deal and I am just ready for the silver lining. 

Lord knows that NVC backlog is going to be another hurdle but I would still prefer to hear that they have moved on to it. Sigh tears

Thanks for the update and continue to keep the faith. I am not yet DQ, however I try to follow and support Jamaica related posts/threads. 

Timeline
36 minutes ago, GyngerBoss said:

I just got DQ'd but based on these reponses and comments, it's gonna be another loooong wait🙃

YUUUPPP

We can use this as a guide on what's happening monthly re the backlog. I think it is updated around the 10-16th of each month along with the visa bulletin. https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/visas-backlog.html

I was DQ'd 6 months into the pandemic. I am feeling a bit better with this chart they've provided. The way I see it, If you PD and DQ are aligned, you should be coming soon. I anticipate people who became DQ in March to May to start getting calls/email by late September. and the rest of us up who DQ'd up to October might hear something by the end of this year into next year.

This is all speculative and not actual information. Just a deduction from what I've read. Prayers up!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.