tiantian2

I-751 June 2021 filers?

468 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, TeddyFazBear said:

Anyways, plenty of folks get approved without joint accounts.

So what do they send as evidence? Photos? Ain't gonna fly. Even children together on its own is not always enough. There needs to be indication of people actually living together, and that's usually lease / mortgage and joint expenses. 

57 minutes ago, OldUser said:

So what do they send as evidence? Photos? Ain't gonna fly. Even children together on its own is not always enough. There needs to be indication of people actually living together, and that's usually lease / mortgage and joint expenses. 

Well this is the problem Im getting at. There is no consistency. Some people get RFEs for lack of photos. I’ve even seen others who have had RFEs for no affidavits on their 751s. It’s ridiculous how messy this process is.   

7 minutes ago, TeddyFazBear said:

Well this is the problem Im getting at. There is no consistency. Some people get RFEs for lack of photos. I’ve even seen others who have had RFEs for no affidavits on their 751s. It’s ridiculous how messy this process is.   

The best course of actions is to include all the evidence, including but not limited to:

- Affidavits

- Photos

- Travel receipts

- Receipts for big joint purchases 

- Utilities statements with both names

- Bank statements for joint accounts

- Joint tax return transcripts

- Birth certificates for kids in this marriage (if any)

- Lease / Mortgage statements (whichever applies)

- Health / life / car insurance with both names on it (whatever applies)

- Evidence of spouse listed as beneficiary on 401k plans / brokerage accounts etc

The I-751 instructions ask for "as much as possible" evidence. Successful cases usually include more solid evidence covering at least several items from list above.

On 4/3/2023 at 2:10 AM, tiantian2 said:

Our financials are still not much comingled other than having a joint account (used less) amidst several of our individual accounts (used more). (We both been working long time before marriage and have been sharing living expenses out of habit from each's individual accounts). We didn't mingle finances much partly due to habit and partly because we both are taking care of our parents respectively and it's just easier to keep the finaces somewhat separate. Any advice on how to frame this? 

We did just had a baby. (thank god!)

Happy update: Case approved! About 1.5 week from mailing RFE

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Does this mean we are approved? RFE?
We never got any notifications.
Also I just seen a package is coming in the mail. 

USCIS-Corbin Production Facility

Estimated Delivery on: Thursday, Aug 10

USCIS Case Status Online:

Card Was Mailed To Me

On August 7, 2023, we mailed your new card for your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number SRC********  to the address you gave us. If you do not receive your card by August 22, 2023, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request that we send your new card to you. If you move, go to

www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

13 minutes ago, GyC said:

Card Was Mailed To Me

On August 7, 2023, we mailed your new card for your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number SRC********  to the address you gave us. If you do not receive your card by August 22, 2023, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request that we send your new card to you. If you move, go to

Looks like you're approved!

Timeline
13 minutes ago, OldUser said:

Looks like you're approved!

I sure do hope so. It would be a nice surprise for my wife to have her conditional residency approved. Fingers crossed! 🤞 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
10 hours ago, GyC said:

Card Was Mailed To Me

Yes, that's the same we got and gc arrived in the mail. No interview. Congrats

Timeline
33 minutes ago, 854Turbo said:

And your case was SRC? Wow. Maybe SRC is moving finally.

That’s correct, we filed at SRC. My now wifey came over on fiancé visa from beautiful Mexico.

Edited by GyC
Details

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Musicsaves said:

Yes, that's the same we got and gc arrived in the mail. No interview. Congrats

Awesome!!! No interview here either. Biometrics were reused as well.

Timeline

Wifey received her 10 year LPR card “green card” today! After a small hiccup from the post office. We are beyond excited! Almost don’t even believe it. Super grateful above all! Our immigration journey is over! 😁

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone, I have been reading and following this forum for the past several years, and honestly, I thought that this day would never come. I am writing this to share that my immigration journey is finally coming to an end.

I applied for the I-751 in June of 2021, and my case has been processed by the SRC Texas Service Center. For almost 1 year and 6 months, I did not hear anything from them other than fingerprints being re-used and all the extension letters I have received (18, 24 and 48 months).

In December of 2022 (after being eligible for a while) I decided to pull the trigger and apply for citizenship. And then immediately, as expected, my I-751 was transferred to NBC for fast processing.

Only 8 months later, in August of this year 2023, I finally received a letter inviting me for an interview which happened before-yesterday 9/5/2023.  I went to USCIS in New Orleans Louisiana in the morning as the interview letter invited. 

The IO who interviewed me was very professional and polite, so the interview went very smoothly. When I walked into her office, I immediately saw my I-751 file on her desk, which was a big relief. So as I expected I was having a combo interview. The officer said we would start reviewing my I-751 first and only after that we would proceed with the N-400.

She said all looked good, that I had provided more than enough evidence, and did not ask for any more documents. She asked me to confirm all the personal information in the application such as name, date of birth, address, cell phone number, etc. After that she said ok, All is good and I am approving your I-751. She looked and typed in the computer for a little while and confirmed she approved my removal of conditions and now we can proceed with the N-400.

We then started the civics test and the questions were: Who is the father of our country? What did Martin Luther King Jr. do? Why do some states have more representatives?, Name one state that borders Canada, Name one branch or part of the government, What stops one branch of government from becoming too powerful?

I got all 6 questions right and we proceeded with the reading and writing tests which I also passed both. At the end of the interview, she said my N-400 was also approved and that I should wait for the notice for the Oath Ceremony.

On the same day in the afternoon, I checked my USCIS online account and the Oath Ceremony notice was there and had been scheduled for the end of this month.

So that's it! I will finally be done soon.

To all of you waiting on decisions on your case, hang tight, and have hope! Your day will also come. Feel free to ask any questions you may have! Good luck.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.