Scott & Lai

Sad days ahead...

60 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

Our beloved cat, Vicky, whom I've known for over 15 years, is suffering with liver tumours. She stopped eating about a week ago, other than taking a few licks of food when we put it under her nose. We took her to the vet today, and the doctor did an ultrasound; most of her liver is tumourous, there's nothing that can be done. The doctor gave us some pain medication for Vicky, so that we could have a little more time with her to say goodbye. We will put her down this weekend. I know everyone says this about their furry friends, but Vicky really is a special kitty. Lai didn't even like cats when she came her, but she quickly grew to love Vicky. I knew there was a possibility we'd get this kind of news while Vicky was getting tested, but Lai was unprepared when the doctor said putting her to sleep was a real possibilty; Lai wasn't expecting that so soon. Then she did the ultrasound, and told us there was no hope :crying: I am crying uncontrollably as I type this...we are going to miss her painfully :crying::crying:

Scott - So. California, Lai - Hong Kong

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fagm.gif3dflagsdotcom_chchk_2fagm.gif

Our timeline:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showuser=1032

Our Photos

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/I.jsp?c=7mj8fg...=0&y=x7fhak

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.j...z8zadq&Ux=1

Optimist: "The glass is half full."

Pessimist: "The glass is half empty."

Scott: "I didn't order this!!!"

"Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God." - Ruth 1:16

"Losing faith in Humanity, one person at a time."

"Do not put your trust in princes, in mortal men, who cannot save." - Ps 146:3

cool.gif

IMG_6283c.jpg

Vicky >^..^< She came, she loved, and was loved. 1989-07/07/2007

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh I am really really sorry to hear that. :crying: I have 4 cats and I love them all to death I cannot imagaine my life without them...

Vicky is leaving with dignity and hopefully she will leave without pain.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I am saddened to hear of this. Vicky , in truth, belongs to the Father. He put her in your care for a reason and now He wants her with Him so she will not suffer, but be in paradise for all eternity where you will be with her again. He will give you the strength and grace to bare this. If His eye is on the little sparrow, surely it is on Vicky also.

(F) (F)

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

That's sad...I am sorry (F)

"Daca voi nu ma vreti, io va vreau"

DCF Frankfurt Germany

01/12/2007 I-130 filed in person at the Consulate in Frankfurt

01/17/2007 Faxed the checklist to the Immigrant Visa Unit in Frankfurt

03/29/2007 Got letter from USCIS to provide evidence that our marriage is bona fide

04/02/2007 Sent to USCIS lots of evidence

05/03/2007 I have an unofficial "PETITION APPROVED" ...waiting for confirmation from Consulate

05/07/2007 Received email from USCIS ROME confirming that our petition was approved (why Rome? because we complained to the District Office Rome about the Sub-Office Frankfurt..it took too long for our petition to be approved)...now waiting for the interview letter from the Consulate

05/18/2007 E-mail from IV Frankfurt, our interview was scheduled for May 29th

05/19/2007 Packet 4 in the mail: ja ja ja interview letter

05/29/2007 Interview at 7.30 a.m. APPROVED Thank you, God!

06/01/2007 Visa arrived !

06/03/2007 Mayday on the plane POE Cincinnati

Living in Maryland

06/21/2007 Welcome Notice from USCIS

06/29/2007 Applied for SSN at the local Office

07/07/2007 Green Card arrived

07/09/2007 Another 2 Welcome Letters from USCIS...God, they really love me! :D

07/20/2007 Social Security Card arrived

Living@working in Maryland :)

01/18/2009 PCS-ing to Stuttgart Germany

Feb 2009 Received letter from VSC to start removing conditions.

Getting ready the packet for Removing Conditions I-751

03/12/2009 Mailed the I-751 packet to Vermont Service Center

Let me share a post with you I made several months ago:

I have owned many pets in my lifetime. My father and bother are both vets so growing up we were surrounded by animals, both large and small. And I learned that in everyone's lifetime (well, at least in my lifetime) there is one pet, one special dog or cat, or bird or whatever, that occupies a special place in our hearts. The one pet you loved just alittle bit more than the rest. For me that pet was a fat gray cat named 'thingy'. And on a rainy Friday morning, July 31, 2004 I had to put her to sleep. She was sick and tired and she was ready to go and I could see it in her eyes. To this day this single act of compassion is the hardest thing I have ever had to to in my life. So Val, I feel your pain. Hang in there, the pain eventually goes away and is soon replaced by many loving memories...

So Scott & Lai, I feel your pain as well. I still think of my thingy every day of my life. I miss her terribly. But for me, she is not really gone but alive and well in my heart...

04/19/2006 - met for the first time

01/12/2007 - sent I-129f to Nebraska

01/22/2007 - NOA1

04/20/2007 - NOA2

07/20/2007- Interview in Moscow

09/19/2007- Married

01/25/2008- AOS package mailed

08/27/2008-Interview-approved

09/10/2008-GC received

08/21/2010-10yr green card received

love is where you find it, even if it is a half a world away

Scott and Lai I am sorry to hear that, but she has had a good 15 year life with you and you have your memories and the knowledge that you did the best thing for Vicky and let her go before the pain was too much for her to endure.

My thoughts are with you!! (F)

DCF - London

18 Jul 04 - Police Certificate Requested

19 Jul 04 - I-130 sent

22 Jul 04 - NOA I-130 logged with INS

29 Jul 04 - DS230 sent

29 Jul 04 - Had vaccinations

14 Aug 04 - Police Certificate Received

30 Sept 04 - I-130 approved

30 Nov 04 - Received I-864 from co sponsor

04 Dec 04 - Sent DS2001

13 Jan 05 - Interview date 04 Feb 05

04 Feb 05 - VISA APPROVED!!!

08 Feb 05 - Proud owner of IR-1 Visa

09 Jun 05 - Arrived in the USA

24 April 09 - US Citizen

26551rm8.th.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Israel
Timeline

So sorry (F)

loosing an animal is like loosing a person, you get so attached to them and they become part of your life.

my dog died 10 yrs ago and my whole family was devastated :crying:

12/14/09 - I-751 mailed

12/23/09 - Check cashed

12/28/09 - NOA1 (dated 12/21/09)

01/03/10 - I-797 NOA received for biometrics appt

01/26/10 - Biometrics appt.

01/27/10 - Touch

04/29/10 - Approved

reminder for myself: apply for citizenship in november 2010

Filed: Timeline

Scott, I'm so sorry. In fact I'm crying for you right now.

Losing a pet is always hard...I went through it with my dog, Prince. The only consolation that I had (we had to put him down due to illness) was that I was doing the right thing by Prince and putting his needs before my own. Yes, we could have kept him around longer, but he was in tremendous pain.

Someone gave me this shortly after Prince died....it brought comfort to me, so maybe it'll bring comfort to you and Lai.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.

There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.

There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Scott and Lai,

I feel so sad for you both. Pets do become true family members , faithfull, loving and certainly with an unconditional trusting love for you. This weekend is going to be very painfull for you, the one comfort you will have is that Vicky will be free from pain.

I lost my dog Scamp 18 years ago!, he was 19. It broke my heart when we gave the vet permission to put him to sleep, but a sense of relief too, that he was free from pain.

Will be thinking of you both

hugs

Margy

Posted 129f to VERMONT 4th March 2004.

Recieved first NOAL 8th March 2004.

NOA2 dated 23rd April 2004.

Recieved packet 3, 13th May 2004.

Hoping for an August Interview!

Court hearing for permission to take children 2nd August!

Interview Date August 5th!

Got visas,Yessssssssssss!

Fly out the 16th August to be with my lovely John.

Married October 30th, 2004!

Posted off AOS , and AP on the 13th November 2004.

Now more waitng begins............................

NOAs for 1-485,>,AP recieved 25th Nov,2004 dated 19th Nov,2004.

Biometrics/fingerprints appointment made for 22 December 2004.

AP approved on the 5th Jan 2005.

EAD approved on the 7th Jan 2005.

recieved on the 13th Jan 2005.

AP recieved on the 14th Jan 2005.

Passed driving test on the 2nd Feb,2005!

AOS interview date July 2005!

AOS Approved!!!!

April 25th 2007 Vermont recieve paperwork for I-751

Refiled June 26th

Card ordered Dec 18th 2007

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

I am very sorry. (F)

I'm the USC.

11/05/2007........Conditional permanent residency effective date.

01/10/2008........Two-year green card in hand.

08/08/2009........Our son was born <3

08/08/2009........Filed for removal of conditions.

12/16/2009........ROC was approved.

11/05/2010........Eligible for Naturalization.

03/01/2011........Separated.

11/05/2012........Eligible for Naturalization.