yvonme

Earliest Appt Sydney..

142 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi there

We received our Interview Date today for July 20. (NOA2 4/15). It’s only weeks before our K1 expiration date. 

We may have to signed more paperwork and update the visa. I’ve emailed the Consulate if any earlier appointments were availiable but the “20th is the earliest one”. 309 days from NOA1 for AUS. I know it can be worse but not looking forward to the extra paperwork to be done close to our K1 expiring. Not to include the weeks it takes for administrative processing and travel exemption applications. 
Just venting. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

WHAT. Why on EARTH it is scheduled so far away!?

we last saw each other: March 2020
I-129F sent: 12/24/2020

USCIS received: 12/29/2020

NOA1 notice date: 2/27/2021

NOA1 receipt date (backdated): 12/28/2020

NOA2: 08/11/2021

NOA2 paper copy: 08/18/2021

NVC received: 08/25/2021

NVC number issued: 09/01/2021

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
52 minutes ago, AishaniA93 said:

WHAT. Why on EARTH it is scheduled so far away!?

This is not an unusual time period for notification of spots in Sydney. Usually it is 6 weeks ahead .. so considering the backlog of interviews needed due to COVID it seems reasonable. Yes it could be way worse .. go with the flow ..do what is needed and get your journey progressing .. lots of processing and hurdles still ahead of you with the AOS and ROC processes once you’re here and married. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

If you are close to Sydney, and have complete flexibility, email the Consulate and tell them that with <xxx> hours notice, you can be there, and if there is a last minute cancellation, you are prepared to take that spot.  You might get lucky.

Best of luck.  And enjoy the view from the top of the Sydney Consulate!  It's FABULOUS!

Sukie in NY

Spoiler

Spoiler

Our Prior Journey

N-400 Naturalization

18-Feb-2018 - submitted N-400 online, credit card charged

18-Feb-2018 - NOA1

12-Mar-2018 - Biometrics 

18-June-2018 - Notice of interview received

26-July-2018 - Interview  - APPROVED!!!

26-July-2018 - Oath Ceremony Scheduled

17-Aug-2018 - Oath Ceremony

Timeline
3 hours ago, Sukie said:

If you are close to Sydney, and have complete flexibility, email the Consulate and tell them that with <xxx> hours notice, you can be there, and if there is a last minute cancellation, you are prepared to take that spot.  You might get lucky.

Best of luck.  And enjoy the view from the top of the Sydney Consulate!  It's FABULOUS!

Sukie in NY

Thank you! I’m actually the US petitioner but will certainly pass the word. He is 100% flexible. I’ll email them and let them know that within 48 hrs he can be there. Thanks again for that tip!

Timeline
11 hours ago, yvonme said:

Hi there

We received our Interview Date today for July 20. (NOA2 4/15). It’s only weeks before our K1 expiration date. 

We may have to signed more paperwork and update the visa. I’ve emailed the Consulate if any earlier appointments were availiable but the “20th is the earliest one”. 309 days from NOA1 for AUS. I know it can be worse but not looking forward to the extra paperwork to be done close to our K1 expiring. Not to include the weeks it takes for administrative processing and travel exemption applications. 
Just venting. 

I'll be receiving my interview date soon. It's kind of disheartening to know that I might have to wait until July for my turn as well. Two more months of waiting and still having my life on hold, I can't imagine being given an earlier date somehow. However if there was a way to do so, then I'd probably try it.

I'm sorry that yourself and your partner have to wait another 2 months ☹ It's sure not easy when the wait has been so long already. Hopefully you will be able to get an earlier appointment soon. 

• 1 month later...
Timeline
12 hours ago, yvonme said:

Anyone recieving any luck with rescheduled interviews due to the NSW lockdown?

Not yet. I did receive an email about two weeks ago, saying that my interview will be rescheduled once restrictions have ended in Sydney, but nothing else since.

I just got an email saying they would contact me when the lockdown ends to re-schedule so they’re in limbo as much as we are it seems. Also I heard from the Doctor at my medical exam that they are moving the consulate to North Sydney some time in the the next couple of months as well,  not sure how that impacts anything but it may mean that fewer people would have had interviews scheduled around the time of the planned move.

Edited by wademartin

Timeline

The consulate is now on lockdown until at least the 30th. Interviews and other processing is not happening until at least then. We are at the point of making an account to get an interview date, but can't now. How are others dealing with it?

Timeline

Nothing we can do but wait and watch the confusing, news conferences and laugh at the govts' utter failure.

How AFL is more priority than Embassy Services is beyond me :) 

Days seperated: 550

I’m applying to leave and either:

a) Waiting out the interim period between now and my interview in the states with my fiancé. This option will depend on how the lockdown is looking and the vaccinated return traveler 7 day home quarantine option being implemented.

Or

b) Cancelling the K1 once in the states and eloping and then filing the I-130 and aos concurrently. 

I just got refused the exemption to leave though. So frustrating 😤

Timeline
16 minutes ago, wademartin said:

I’m applying to leave and either:

a) Waiting out the interim period between now and my interview in the states with my fiancé. This option will depend on how the lockdown is looking and the vaccinated return traveler 7 day home quarantine option being implemented.

Or

b) Cancelling the K1 once in the states and eloping and then filing the I-130 and aos concurrently. 

I just got refused the exemption to leave though. So frustrating 😤

I see where you’re thinking.

Seriously let us know how leaving works for you so we can try the same. The forums mentioned you’ll have to add lots of evidence for the exemption. Good luck. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.