yvonme

Earliest Appt Sydney..

142 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
On 10/10/2021 at 4:16 PM, yvonme said:

It’s hard to watch people shop by hundreds at Kmart but the consulate remains shut. I wish we knew more. I was hoping to check Visajourney today and we would have more insight. 

Is he able to travel once they open up borders? We are hoping as soon as my fiancé can he’s going to at least visit me after not seeing me for over a year and he’ll return to Sydney in time for his appointment.

Same thing here. Yeah he’ll be able to travel and stay for a couple of months. Consulate came out with an update that now they are relocating. It’s like they keep making up delays to not open and do their job. 

Timeline
21 hours ago, Sharmarine said:

Well I know that for myself being in Western Australia, once I finally travel to Sydney for my interview (whenever that will be), I will not be able to travel back home until quite possibly sometime next year (should my visa be denied). I was so hoping that the Sydney Consulate would give us some indication as to when they're likely to reopen again. Could it be that they're waiting for the vaccination numbers to reach 80%? Which is expected to occur by October 25th, so two weeks from now (if not sooner). 

After they relocate now and it’s ready for public services. God knows when that will be. I wish they would divvy up the backlog to other embassies.

Timeline
3 hours ago, yvonme said:

After they relocate now and it’s ready for public services. God knows when that will be. I wish they would divvy up the backlog to other embassies.

Seems that even their relocation is experiencing delays 🙄

FB_IMG_1634040336822.jpg

Timeline

I really, really wish they'd move the K and CR visa interviews to the other embassies for the time being. Or they could announce how long. If it's gonna be 6 months I'd rather know now, vs hearing "soon" every month for 6 months.

Timeline

As an update…

They emailed me after I asked what were next steps after opening and they said that they are now moving (we all know) and can’t help just yet. And we have to provide letters requesting a 4 month extension along with our intent to marry letter.

Timeline
1 hour ago, yvonme said:

As an update…

They emailed me after I asked what were next steps after opening and they said that they are now moving (we all know) and can’t help just yet. And we have to provide letters requesting a 4 month extension along with our intent to marry letter.

It's just never ending!🤦‍♀️😒 Just how much more are we expected to take? A 4 month extension?  I sure hope that doesn't mean we will have to wait that long for our interviews!  I guess we just keep on waiting some more, considering we've become experts at that now 🙄

At least (all going well) exemptions to leave Australia will no longer be needed from November 1st. 

Timeline

The 4 month extension letters are because the NOA2 approval is for 4 months, because they expect that should be enough time to do the DS-160 and be interviewed. If it takes longer than 4 months, which it did because of lockdown, you need to include the signed revalidation letter to indicate you want it to keep going forward.

My paper NOA2 says "valid from 06/03/2021 to 10/02/2021" - so it's now invalid - so this revalidation letter would be needed.

Info direct from the State Dept

Edited by quinnscribe
added State dept link

Timeline

This whole process is daunting and it’s taking a toll on my mental health. It just seems like one thing after another. And it’s just upsetting that the consulate says that it is affecting people’s plans.

No, this devastating families and keeping them

apart. 

Our Timeline:

i29F Sent: 9/17/20

NOA 1: 9/21/20

RFE: 4/14/21

RFE Response Sent: 4/22/21

RFE Response Received: 4/26/21

NOA 2: 5/10/21

Interview Date: December 10, 2021

Timeline

A good announcement!

UPDATE ON CONSULAR SERVICES: We have been listening to your concerns regarding the U.S. Consulate Sydney move delay. We are working to increase services for U.S. citizens and visa applicants at the U.S. Consulate Melbourne to address the reduction in services in Sydney. We will share more details for U.S. citizens, immigrant visa, and nonimmigrant visa applicants in the coming days. If you intend to travel interstate in Australia, please make sure to check the guidelines of the states you are traveling to and from for the latest advice around permits and quarantine requirements due to COVID-19.

Timeline
2 hours ago, yvonme said:

Patiently waiting on the coming days information …

Same here, but more impatiently. The Sydney Embassy had better be including K1 visas in their plans. 

Timeline

It’s almost like they don’t want to tell us K-1 people that they won’t be moving us to other embassies and we have to wait it out. 

I hope I’m wrong.

Our Timeline:

i29F Sent: 9/17/20

NOA 1: 9/21/20

RFE: 4/14/21

RFE Response Sent: 4/22/21

RFE Response Received: 4/26/21

NOA 2: 5/10/21

Interview Date: December 10, 2021

Timeline
4 hours ago, JustineC85 said:

It’s almost like they don’t want to tell us K-1 people that they won’t be moving us to other embassies and we have to wait it out. 

I hope I’m wrong.

I too hope that you're wrong, all the waiting is getting to be far too disheartening and stressful. Surely we have a right to know when the waiting is due to end. Their post did mention non-immigrants after all. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.