yvonme

Earliest Appt Sydney..

142 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
2 hours ago, yvonme said:

Yeah. They have everything. They are saying it’s taking time due to covid. Considering everyone is getting their visa but us I’m sure we will probably never get it. I’m here in Australia now visiting. It’s too bad I’ll have to leave again next week and endure more waiting and pain.

There are a few people in a Facebook group that I belong to, for Australians who are also going through the K1 Visa process, who had their interviews in the same week as your fiancé and I had ours. Their visas were approved last week. Mine has yet to be processed, due to my Medical Report being lost. I received a new copy of it on Wednesday and sent it to Sydney, it was delivered today. 

It makes absolutely no sense that you are still waiting, especially as they have everything. What are they waiting for? I do hope for you that your fiancé's visa is approved very soon. The pain of waiting and being separated, is horrendous. 

Timeline
4 hours ago, quinnscribe said:

Mine's now issued! Planning flights/wedding now.

Congratulations! I have started wedding stuff now too! Debating on elope in Vegas or courthouse with a big wedding this fall.

Our Timeline:

i29F Sent: 9/17/20

NOA 1: 9/21/20

RFE: 4/14/21

RFE Response Sent: 4/22/21

RFE Response Received: 4/26/21

NOA 2: 5/10/21

Interview Date: December 10, 2021

Timeline
57 minutes ago, Sharmarine said:

There are a few people in a Facebook group that I belong to, for Australians who are also going through the K1 Visa process, who had their interviews in the same week as your fiancé and I had ours. Their visas were approved last week. Mine has yet to be processed, due to my Medical Report being lost. I received a new copy of it on Wednesday and sent it to Sydney, it was delivered today. 

It makes absolutely no sense that you are still waiting, especially as they have everything. What are they waiting for? I do hope for you that your fiancé's visa is approved very soon. The pain of waiting and being separated, is horrendous. 

Honestly the lack of communication between Melbourne, Sydney and the physicians was a nightmare. 

My fiancé had his medical in Sydney and was told they would send it to him and he would send to Sydney. At the interview, they kept his passport and told him the medical would go straight to them. He called the physician and they contacted the consulate, who told him he did have to send it directly to Sydney. 

Same with the issuing after documents received. One person had theirs received January 10, ours was December 22 and we both went into AP and had visa issued same day! 

No logic at all. 🤣

Our Timeline:

i29F Sent: 9/17/20

NOA 1: 9/21/20

RFE: 4/14/21

RFE Response Sent: 4/22/21

RFE Response Received: 4/26/21

NOA 2: 5/10/21

Interview Date: December 10, 2021

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, a bit off topic but where did you guys had your medicals done and how much were they? I live in Perth and we’re due for our medicals and I was shocked at the cost. The clinic said it can go up to $1200/adult and $400 per child. There are 4 of us so imagine how much it would cost.  Its  frustrating cos they’re the only panel physician here in perth. Is it usually that much for the medicals?

Timeline
16 hours ago, Hotpotato004 said:

Hi guys, a bit off topic but where did you guys had your medicals done and how much were they? I live in Perth and we’re due for our medicals and I was shocked at the cost. The clinic said it can go up to $1200/adult and $400 per child. There are 4 of us so imagine how much it would cost.  Its  frustrating cos they’re the only panel physician here in perth. Is it usually that much for the medicals?

I had my medical in Melbourne at Toorak, it was about $630 or something like that. I believe I’ve read the price in Sydney is even cheaper 

Timeline
On 3/19/2022 at 9:56 PM, quinnscribe said:

Haven't checked back in in a bit, how's everyone?

Well I've been in the US for a little over a month now, and married my now husband, 3 days ago. So all is great right now. Will be starting the AOS process soon. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.