yvonme

Earliest Appt Sydney..

142 posts in this topic

Update: Border exemptions are tricky, I applied and was denied, sadly. I’ve scrapped any plans of abondoning our k1 in favour filing the I-130 and aos in the USA because of the 90 day rule.

As for the exemption, on face value I have a good shot at approval but you need to go great lengths to prove your intent to be out of the country for grater than 3 months AND to establish a compelling reason to travel. i.e: lots of evidence of your relationship, some supporting statements from friends and family, and a convincing statement as to why your need to travel. 

Currently we are in the process of getting friends and family to write letters of support for us before I reapply for the exemption and then hoping that we get the right ABF agent on the right day in the right mood to approve it. All the advise I’ve received and news coverage shows the process is incredibly unpredictable.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

This damn exemption is just giving us all another hurdle that is unnecessary. I've seen on other social media sites Aussies going to England to visit family and stuff or LA for work so how are we not getting approved easily when we are literally MOVING to another country like ?? This is so frustrating and I don't look forward to when my time comes for the exemption. I've seen so many get denied even when they submit lots of evidence, ridiculous. Does the exemption have an expiry?

Timeline
4 hours ago, Chloe99 said:

This damn exemption is just giving us all another hurdle that is unnecessary. I've seen on other social media sites Aussies going to England to visit family and stuff or LA for work so how are we not getting approved easily when we are literally MOVING to another country like ?? This is so frustrating and I don't look forward to when my time comes for the exemption. I've seen so many get denied even when they submit lots of evidence, ridiculous. Does the exemption have an expiry?

Yes it does. An outbound exemption for the '3 months or more' category, is valid for 3 months. 

I too am dreading applying for an exemption. It's just another hurdle to jump over, after such a long and somewhat stressful K1 Visa process. In the early stages of the Covid pandemic, it was much easier to get the required exemption. However, due to some people exploiting it, it was changed to become much tougher. At least we're able to apply more than once, if the first attempt isn't successful. So that's something good, I guess. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Sharmarine said:

Yes it does. An outbound exemption for the '3 months or more' category, is valid for 3 months. 

I too am dreading applying for an exemption. It's just another hurdle to jump over, after such a long and somewhat stressful K1 Visa process. In the early stages of the Covid pandemic, it was much easier to get the required exemption. However, due to some people exploiting it, it was changed to become much tougher. At least we're able to apply more than once, if the first attempt isn't successful. So that's something good, I guess. 

I guess it’s good that it’s valid for 3 months, thank you for letting me know.

I just hope when the time comes for us who genuinely want or need it for the right reasons can obtain one easily. I’ve been reading people who have gotten rejected like 20 times and they’ve submitted tonnes of evidence; it’s scary. I think a few of those were for coming to Australia though so hopefully that means it might be easier for us wanting to leave perhaps. If we want to leave permanently or for a good few years then why not just let us go 🤷‍♀️

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Chloe99 said:

I guess it’s good that it’s valid for 3 months, thank you for letting me know.

I just hope when the time comes for us who genuinely want or need it for the right reasons can obtain one easily. I’ve been reading people who have gotten rejected like 20 times and they’ve submitted tonnes of evidence; it’s scary. I think a few of those were for coming to Australia though so hopefully that means it might be easier for us wanting to leave perhaps. If we want to leave permanently or for a good few years then why not just let us go 🤷‍♀️

From many comments that I've seen in Facebook groups, regarding visas and immigration, acquiring an outbound exemption is a lot easier than getting one to enter Australia. So we have that on our side at least. I agree with you, we don't want an exemption to leave for a holiday, we have our partners and new lives that are waiting for us in the US! We will not be of any threat to Australia, in regards to bringing Covid back into the country, because we wouldn't be coming back anytime soon 🤦‍♀️

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Sharmarine said:

From many comments that I've seen in Facebook groups, regarding visas and immigration, acquiring an outbound exemption is a lot easier than getting one to enter Australia. So we have that on our side at least. I agree with you, we don't want an exemption to leave for a holiday, we have our partners and new lives that are waiting for us in the US! We will not be of any threat to Australia, in regards to bringing Covid back into the country, because we wouldn't be coming back anytime soon 🤦‍♀️

That’s a good sign then. I get the hesitation to bring people in to the country, not out lol. Exactly right, I couldn’t agree more. I wonder how far interviews will be pushed back because of the lockdowns. I saw someone on here from Nigeria who’s interview is in early 2022 so that made me nervous, but I’m not sure if that’s country specific or what 

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Chloe99 said:

That’s a good sign then. I get the hesitation to bring people in to the country, not out lol. Exactly right, I couldn’t agree more. I wonder how far interviews will be pushed back because of the lockdowns. I saw someone on here from Nigeria who’s interview is in early 2022 so that made me nervous, but I’m not sure if that’s country specific or what 

2022? Poor person! There's no doubt that it is country specific, as the Sydney Consulate has not had to deal with the same kind of backlogs as some other countries. I was due to have my interview ten days ago ☹ It was cancelled on June 25th. I received an email from the Consulate regarding the cancellation, and giving me the option to request a rescheduled interview once they reopen again. So now it's a waiting game and living life in limbo. Sydney seriously needs to start getting tougher in regards to its current Covid outbreak, or this could continue to drag on for quite sometime. I don't think that I could handle that 🤦‍♀️

Timeline
49 minutes ago, Sharmarine said:

2022? Poor person! There's no doubt that it is country specific, as the Sydney Consulate has not had to deal with the same kind of backlogs as some other countries. I was due to have my interview ten days ago ☹ It was cancelled on June 25th. I received an email from the Consulate regarding the cancellation, and giving me the option to request a rescheduled interview once they reopen again. So now it's a waiting game and living life in limbo. Sydney seriously needs to start getting tougher in regards to its current Covid outbreak, or this could continue to drag on for quite sometime. I don't think that I could handle that 🤦‍♀️

Yeah I couldn’t believe it! Oh no, that sucks so bad ☹️ I’m sorry to hear that. I hope they get control of it soon and things get back to how they were, and you can get your interview. I hate how unpredictable things are and may continue to be.

Timeline
On 7/23/2021 at 9:07 AM, Sharmarine said:

I know, the waiting is awful when you're like "we just need the interview!" when you've been waiting so long. I'm also stressing about exemptions now that other people are reporting denials, is it just try repeatedly till it happens?

Timeline
11 hours ago, quinnscribe said:

I know, the waiting is awful when you're like "we just need the interview!" when you've been waiting so long. I'm also stressing about exemptions now that other people are reporting denials, is it just try repeatedly till it happens?

Yes, try, try again, until you receive a successful outcome. A 'Compelling' reason is required for an exemption to leave Australia for 3 months+. Which is the category that you would apply under. 

Never in my 54 years of life, have I ever imagined that permission would need to be sought, in order to be able to leave my country. It's no wonder as to why so many people here regard Australia as a prison. 

Timeline
On 7/23/2021 at 10:01 PM, Chloe99 said:

Yeah I couldn’t believe it! Oh no, that sucks so bad ☹️ I’m sorry to hear that. I hope they get control of it soon and things get back to how they were, and you can get your interview. I hate how unpredictable things are and may continue to be.

Sydney's lockdown is going to be extended for another four weeks tomorrow. ☹ At least until the end of August, at this stage. Not really surprising, but still disappointing that they haven't been able to manage their current Delta outbreak. 

On 7/16/2021 at 7:44 PM, wademartin said:

b) Cancelling the K1 once in the states and eloping and then filing the I-130 and aos concurrently. 

This is immigration fraud.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.