yvonme

Earliest Appt Sydney..

142 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
15 hours ago, quinnscribe said:

How is everyone holding up emotionally? How are those of you in Australia doing?

We are doing okay. I thought waiting to get from NOA1 to NOA2 was brutal, but this is much more. You know you are almost done, but there is still ONE last step left. 

Our Timeline:

i29F Sent: 9/17/20

NOA 1: 9/21/20

RFE: 4/14/21

RFE Response Sent: 4/22/21

RFE Response Received: 4/26/21

NOA 2: 5/10/21

Interview Date: December 10, 2021

Timeline

Well, have had more than enough of the whole living in limbo thing, and I'm missing my partner more each day. The situation in Sydney doesn't seem to be improving whatsoever, and its 'lockdown' won't end anytime soon. So what can we do but to just keep waiting?  I think we have all become very good at that. 

I received an email to say that our petition had expired on July 29th. So we were required to reply with updated Revalidation/Intent to Marry letters, one from my partner and another from myself. I'll need to take copies of both to my interview (whenever that will be). 

Timeline

I sent my partner a revised Intent to Marry letter as our petition will expire at the beginning of Sept. Sorry yours have.

Timeline

I’m wondering if we are just able to get out of Australia, move to Mexico, move the CA to the embassy there and at least I can visit versus never seeing them. Thoughts…

Timeline
7 hours ago, yvonme said:

I’m wondering if we are just able to get out of Australia, move to Mexico, move the CA to the embassy there and at least I can visit versus never seeing them. Thoughts…

Do you mean moving your interview to Mexico? Or just waiting out the process in Mexico?

Our Timeline:

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline
On 8/19/2021 at 6:37 AM, JustineC85 said:

Do you mean moving your interview to Mexico? Or just waiting out the process in Mexico?

Well if my fiancé can leave australia and get housing in Mexico, we can get the embassy to transfer the case to the embassy in Mexico. At least I would be able to see my fiancé and wait it out bordering countries unlike Australia’s dictator control. 

Timeline
15 hours ago, yvonme said:

Well if my fiancé can leave australia and get housing in Mexico, we can get the embassy to transfer the case to the embassy in Mexico. At least I would be able to see my fiancé and wait it out bordering countries unlike Australia’s dictator control. 

I would check on the on the wait times in Mexico. But I heard that even before Covid it was like 1+ year. 

I think they changed the embassy in Mexico, but I would think unless your fiancé has ties to Mexico it would not be advisable. 

Our Timeline:

Timeline
On 9/4/2021 at 10:18 AM, JustineC85 said:

I would check on the on the wait times in Mexico. But I heard that even before Covid it was like 1+ year. 

I think they changed the embassy in Mexico, but I would think unless your fiancé has ties to Mexico it would not be advisable. 

We can get a visa to live in Mexico if we have enough cash flow which is good to go. Their migration system is a lot easier than the US and AUS. We are looking at some resort towns.

Well, they may be at a backlog for a year but we will see each other much more than if he stayed in AUS. Imagine the backlog Sydney is going to have once they finally open and relocate. 

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 9/8/2021 at 9:44 PM, yvonme said:

Imagine the backlog Sydney is going to have once they finally open and relocate. 

Yeah, since my partner and I got our "the embassy is going to schedule you now you submitted everything" in July right before the closure. So now we're aware once it re-opens, he'll be behind all the appointments some of you had scheduled that were postponed, then it's our turn. I was hoping for him to come here by the end of 2021 but unlikely, I guess...

(Wonder if I'd applied to AUS in 2020 instead if I'd be there by now.)

Timeline
On 9/17/2021 at 7:49 PM, quinnscribe said:

Yeah, since my partner and I got our "the embassy is going to schedule you now you submitted everything" in July right before the closure. So now we're aware once it re-opens, he'll be behind all the appointments some of you had scheduled that were postponed, then it's our turn. I was hoping for him to come here by the end of 2021 but unlikely, I guess...

(Wonder if I'd applied to AUS in 2020 instead if I'd be there by now.)

Oh immigration is so much worse in AUS. Little, little rights. I often thought how is it that Public administrators think this is embracing migration at all. And probably not since non permanent residents can’t even travel there. I’m having some positivity hearing their federal government express how badly they want to open. I’m thinking within the next 6 months he may be here. I hope.

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

I hear NSW is slowly working on reopening Sydney. Do we have hope for the consulate to open soonish, or will new appointments / rebooked old ones likely not happen because of the difficulties of NSW opening to other territories? Like I saw they'll re-open Sydney to the rest of NSW before December but what about to, say, the ACT where he is?

My fiance and I have given up on seeing each other by the start of 2022 but we're hoping maybe we could still get his interview done by March birthdays, if they can start scheduling them, and then plan for a summer reunion. Dunno how realistic this is.

Edited by quinnscribe

Timeline
On 10/9/2021 at 12:05 AM, quinnscribe said:

I hear NSW is slowly working on reopening Sydney. Do we have hope for the consulate to open soonish, or will new appointments / rebooked old ones likely not happen because of the difficulties of NSW opening to other territories? Like I saw they'll re-open Sydney to the rest of NSW before December but what about to, say, the ACT where he is?

My fiance and I have given up on seeing each other by the start of 2022 but we're hoping maybe we could still get his interview done by March birthdays, if they can start scheduling them, and then plan for a summer reunion. Dunno how realistic this is.

It’s hard to watch people shop by hundreds at Kmart but the consulate remains shut. I wish we knew more. I was hoping to check Visajourney today and we would have more insight. 

Is he able to travel once they open up borders? We are hoping as soon as my fiancé can he’s going to at least visit me after not seeing me for over a year and he’ll return to Sydney in time for his appointment.

Timeline

Well I know that for myself being in Western Australia, once I finally travel to Sydney for my interview (whenever that will be), I will not be able to travel back home until quite possibly sometime next year (should my visa be denied). I was so hoping that the Sydney Consulate would give us some indication as to when they're likely to reopen again. Could it be that they're waiting for the vaccination numbers to reach 80%? Which is expected to occur by October 25th, so two weeks from now (if not sooner). 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.