ctruesmith

Department of State Sent Case to USCIS For Review

53 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Has anyone heard back from their senators and able to get progress? I feel like USCIS is not really taking the time to look into our inquiries. 

in fact, this is what USCIS told my senator:

Our records indicate that your constituent’s Form I-129F petition was approved on January 20, 2023 and is now being returned to the National Visa Center, Consular section, for K-1 visa processing after correction/review. He/She will receive notification from the U.S. Department of State once the intake of his/her case has been completed.

**we are experiencing a delay with file transfers to the NVC. We are doing everything possible to forward cases to the NVC in a timely manner. There is no standardized time frame for petitions to be scanned into NVC systems after receipt from USCIS. Current working timeframes can be seen at https://nvc.state.gov/timeframes/ . We apologize for the delay and appreciate your continued patience."

The approval on Jan 20 was our NOA2. They didn’t even acknowledge that our case was sent back to them by the NVC. It feels like they just give a generic answer, seemingly to get our congressional representatives off their back.

I just got a response from my senator. This is what the USCIS told him: 

According to our records, your constituent’s Form was returned to USCIS on March 24, 2023, following a request for further review by the U.S. Department of State. A review of the case remains pending at this time.

Very generic and not helpful at all. At least yours sounds like it might be moving forward a little more if it is being returned to the NVC. Hopefully that is a sign that they are working on these. 

This is what I got from my congress man on May 9 Our records indicate that your constituent’s Form I-129F petition (receipt number WACxxxxxxx) was approved on February 7, 2023, and is now in transit to the National Visa Center, Consular section, for K-1 visa processing. He will receive notification from the U.S. Department of State once the intake of his case has been completed. And more than two weeks later I got the following from my senator: 

"Thank you for your inquiry on behalf of your constituent, *my name*, regarding the I-129F petition filed with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). In receipt of your inquiry, a thorough review was completed on your constituent’s case. USCIS records show the following:

The California Service Center received the I-129F petition back from the National Visa Center on March 21, 2023, for correction/update and the petition has been forwarded back to the National Visa Center (NVC) for processing.

Since USCIS records can confirm that the case will be sent to the NVC, USCIS will no longer have jurisdiction over the approved I-129F petition." 

Timeline
On 5/26/2023 at 9:14 AM, Ron & Cy said:

This is what I got from my congress man on May 9 Our records indicate that your constituent’s Form I-129F petition (receipt number WACxxxxxxx) was approved on February 7, 2023, and is now in transit to the National Visa Center, Consular section, for K-1 visa processing. He will receive notification from the U.S. Department of State once the intake of his case has been completed. And more than two weeks later I got the following from my senator: 

"Thank you for your inquiry on behalf of your constituent, *my name*, regarding the I-129F petition filed with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). In receipt of your inquiry, a thorough review was completed on your constituent’s case. USCIS records show the following:

The California Service Center received the I-129F petition back from the National Visa Center on March 21, 2023, for correction/update and the petition has been forwarded back to the National Visa Center (NVC) for processing.

Since USCIS records can confirm that the case will be sent to the NVC, USCIS will no longer have jurisdiction over the approved I-129F petition." 

Thanks for your response! I got that first reply a week and a half ago. So I’m hoping to get the second response soon.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Thread is moved from the K-1 Process forum to the K-1 Case Progress subforum.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
On 5/1/2023 at 5:58 PM, Jessica and Umar said:

Keep hanging in there! We had to wait 2 months. We never got an answer from USCIS or NVC on what happened, we just received a new approval notice about 2 months after NVC sent back to USCIS. In total this was 4 months after our original NOA2. I do think reaching out to a senator's office helped, if you haven't done that already.

Hello Jessica I just got my 2nd NOA2  I want to ask you how did you sent an expedition requiste is it after or before they transferred it to NVC 

41 minutes ago, kadida said:

Hello Jessica I just got my 2nd NOA2  I want to ask you how did you sent an expedition requiste is it after or before they transferred it to NVC 

Hello. I believe we spoke on facebook. congratulations on the reapproval. Did your status change to “approved” on the USCIS app ? 

8 hours ago, kadida said:

We requested expedite from USCIS before getting 2nd NOA2 (right after our case status changes to 'Department of State Sent to USCIS"). Actually, once I got second NOA2 things moved very fast. In less than one month, our case was transferred to embassy (faster than others who received a 'first' NOA2 at the same time). 

Timeline
3 hours ago, Hamza90 said:

We are also at 75 days. Hopefully we hear something by next week. 

We are at 86 days. No word. We are on our third inquiry directly to USCIS and our second congressional inquiry.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
54 minutes ago, Jessica and Umar said:

We requested expedite from USCIS before getting 2nd NOA2 (right after our case status changes to 'Department of State Sent to USCIS"). Actually, once I got second NOA2 things moved very fast. In less than one month, our case was transferred to embassy (faster than others who received a 'first' NOA2 at the same 

Okay thank you 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.