Clairebear

Credit card was charged but no NOA1

18 posts in this topic

Hi, guys.

My fiancé's credit card was charged but we didn’t get any notice by text, e-mail and mail. And I called USCIS to ask our receipt number. They just said wait for 60 days... But people is getting NOA1. Did it only happen to us or is there someone else who didn’t get NOA1?

We sent i-129f on 22nd March 

received i-129f on 24th March

My fiancé's card was charged on 14th April

But no text, email, mail for NOA1.. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

No, people are not getting official NOA1s quickly.  Be patient.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

2 minutes ago, Clairebear said:

People who sent the form on same day, they got NOA1 by text

We had to wait 90 days for NOA1.  If your card was charged, you'll get confirmation in the next few days (it took like 4 biz days for me to get the notification after credit card was charged).  You got it done quite a bit faster than a lot of us :)

Edited by NeonParticles

June 25, 2022 - Married
June 28, 2022 - I-130 filed digitally

June 28, 2022 - NOA1 (Nebraska -> Vermont xfer)

June 8, 2023 - NOA2 (Vermont -> California xfer)
June 14, 2023 - At NVC

July 3, 2023 - NVC RFE

July 17, 2023 - NVC DQ

April 15, 2024 - IL

April 19, 2024 - Medical

May 23, 2024 - Interview

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Clairebear said:

I was speaking of official NOA1s, which are mailed.  Charging the credit card is the first action.  AFTER, they are sure the payment clears (it was just processed yesterday), they then proceed with notifications.  Be patient.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
43 minutes ago, Clairebear said:

If they filed online. Maybe they just downloaded the online receipt, which will be the same one that will make its way to you via mail. 

58 minutes ago, Clairebear said:

Hi, guys.

My fiancé's credit card was charged but we didn’t get any notice by text, e-mail and mail. And I called USCIS to ask our receipt number. They just said wait for 60 days... But people is getting NOA1. Did it only happen to us or is there someone else who didn’t get NOA1?

Current taking USCIS 2-3 months to cash and send back receipts. Be patient. 

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

44 minutes ago, Lucky Cat said:

I was speaking of official NOA1s, which are mailed.  Charging the credit card is the first action.  AFTER, they are sure the payment clears (it was just processed yesterday), they then proceed with notifications.  Be patient.

Oh I got it. Thanks!

9 minutes ago, Timona said:

If they filed online. Maybe they just downloaded the online receipt, which will be the same one that will make its way to you via mail. 

Current taking USCIS 2-3 months to cash and send back receipts. Be patient. 

Nope. They sent i-129f by mail not online. Thanks for the information

2 minutes ago, swiss-miss said:

We got Noa1 in the mail 1 week after the credit card got charged, if you got charged it means that your application is good to go and not rejected so just wait a bit.

Aww Thank you for the information. Same case! Did you get any text or e-mail for NOA1 before you got NOA1 by mail? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Switzerland
Timeline

Yes, we got the text 1 or 2 days after we got charged, don't remember exactly :)  but I heard from some other people who didnt get a text even though they used that e-notification form, so if you don't get a text, dont worry the system is very flaky! just wait a week or 2 and you should get the hard copy!

6 minutes ago, swiss-miss said:

Yes, we got the text 1 or 2 days after we got charged, don't remember exactly :)  but I heard from some other people who didnt get a text even though they used that e-notification form, so if you don't get a text, dont worry the system is very flaky! just wait a week or 2 and you should get the hard copy!

Yep 😞 we used e-notification form but I guess it didn’t work for us... Thanks for letting me know! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
3 hours ago, Clairebear said:

Yep 😞 we used e-notification form but I guess it didn’t work for us... Thanks for letting me know! 

we used the G-1145 notification request for our I-129F last year and never did get any electronic notification (neither text nor email).  We again used it for I-485 AoS recently and this time we did get the text notification.  Fwiw, our check was cashed and the text came on the same date.  Then we got the USPS mailed hard copy I-797 6 days later in our mailbox.   (this was last week, our NOA1 came in the mail exactly 29 days after our AoS package was received by USCIS in Chicago.  I-129F processing times are different of course, but there is that data point fwiw...and 1-2 months ago AoS I-797's were coming in more like 60 days, so USCIS has upped their game recently).

So, based on what we know and what you have seen thus far with your case, I'd say your written I-797 will be in your mail in the next week or so.  And who knows, you might get a text too soon. Either way, the fact that your check was cashed is a good sign and now you know not to worry and simply wait for your I-797 to put your mind fully at ease. 

Good luck with the process! I can say from experience that waiting for the I-129F NOA1 on form I-797 is BY FAR the least trying/stressful part of the Fiance visa and AoS process.  So buckle up...its going to be a long, bumpy flight :-)

Edited by David and Anna

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
8 hours ago, Clairebear said:

Hi, guys.

Yours was charged?  I know mine was created (money orders were cashed) 2 days before i received a text.  So at the earliest, youll receive a text on the 16th and NOA-1 by possibly next Friday (at your mailbox)

I only know the creation date because after i received my text with my case #, i looked it up on the case tracking app to see what day it showed it was created.  And it was 2 days before.

Edited by Keithn85
second line added. Created not approved

11 hours ago, David and Anna said:

we used the G-1145 notification request for our I-129F last year and never did get any electronic notification (neither text nor email).  We again used it for I-485 AoS recently and this time we did get the text notification.  Fwiw, our check was cashed and the text came on the same date.  Then we got the USPS mailed hard copy I-797 6 days later in our mailbox.   (this was last week, our NOA1 came in the mail exactly 29 days after our AoS package was received by USCIS in Chicago.  I-129F processing times are different of course, but there is that data point fwiw...and 1-2 months ago AoS I-797's were coming in more like 60 days, so USCIS has upped their game recently).

So, based on what we know and what you have seen thus far with your case, I'd say your written I-797 will be in your mail in the next week or so.  And who knows, you might get a text too soon. Either way, the fact that your check was cashed is a good sign and now you know not to worry and simply wait for your I-797 to put your mind fully at ease. 

Good luck with the process! I can say from experience that waiting for the I-129F NOA1 on form I-797 is BY FAR the least trying/stressful part of the Fiance visa and AoS process.  So buckle up...its going to be a long, bumpy flight 🙂

Thank you for sharing your experience and advice. I will patiently wait for NOA1. Your advice helped me so much! Thanks! :)

8 hours ago, Keithn85 said:

Yours was charged?  I know mine was created (money orders were cashed) 2 days before i received a text.  So at the earliest, youll receive a text on the 16th and NOA-1 by possibly next Friday (at your mailbox)

I only know the creation date because after i received my text with my case #, i looked it up on the case tracking app to see what day it showed it was created.  And it was 2 days before.

Aww thanks for advice. I was being nervous but slowly feel better now. I hope I get NOA1!

Thanks a lot to all people who shared stories! :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.