13 posts in this topic

Hi, I'm looking for someone with same experience on having this visa status. As soon as I opened and checked the ceac site I saw this and it took me a minute to finally compose myself. Our supposed interview appointment was last March 23, 2020 (Manila Embassy) but due to the corona and lockdown we never had the interview and so we wait until the embassy is open for the f4 visa. Last month when I checked the status it is still  "Refused"  due to the administrative processing which I believe because of the pandemic. But today, it changed to "Expiring soon" the messIMG_20210409_141706.jpg.64ae630230b4da9482865572531492d9.jpgage says that our petition is cancelled and we cannot do anything about it unless we prove that we still want to pursue the application by providing a written statement that the circumstances were beyond our control. So please, can someone help us. Or should we call a lawyer?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
6 hours ago, Elaine Villaflor said:

providing a written statement that the circumstances were beyond our control.

Seems like this is what you need to do, send them an email explaining your situation. Don't panic, "expiring soon" doesn't mean "we've thrown your case out, you have to restart."

NVC needs you to keep active interest in your case, I understand that to mean that you need to do something with it within a year of the last time it was touched. Pretty sure this is the routine situation of your case sitting for so long. See if reaching out to them doesn't get things back on track for you.

Good luck!

👐

Patience......patience.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: F-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Elaine,

I am also on your same shoe. My schedule interview was Mar24, 2020. I got so panicked then but nothing we can do, I believed but to keep waiting. Did you send already a signed letter? Myself, not yet still composing and hopefully nomore delays. Keep praying and hopes high. All the best! 

6 minutes ago, Julierl said:

Hi Elaine,

I am also on your same shoe. My schedule interview was Mar24, 2020. I got so panicked then but nothing we can do, I believed but to keep waiting. Did you send already a signed letter? Myself, not yet still composing and hopefully nomore delays. Keep praying and hopes high. All the best! 

I already sent the letter signed by my father(applicant) and for now, we are waiting for their reply. 

You may submit a signed letter as to why you did not take action on the case within one year following notification of the availability of such visa. 

The signed statement may be sent as a scanned email attachment to the U.S. Embassy in the Philippines (Attn: Immigrant Visa Unit) at https://ph.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/immigrant-visa-inquiry-form/ , with your name, case number, and current contact information clearly indicated.

I hope this helps, good luck! 

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, akeela said:

any updates. My uncle is in same situation but they already had their interview before covid. my dad sent an email to the embassy. 

Our case was updated last June 21 though the status is still "Expiring soon". I suggest to call and email them your queries every week. And to also let the embassy know that your uncle is still interested on the petition. Write down the dates of your phone calls and emailed letters so you can have proofs that you keep in touch with the embassy. Have a great day,,

• 2 months later...

any update from your case. my dad emailed the embassy multiple times and finally this morning they changed the status to refused again but few minutes later it changed to expired.. the date of last update changed hoping it will be fixed by tomorrow or will do another inquiry.  The embassy doesnt even reply to emails. 

1 hour ago, akeela said:

any update from your case. my dad emailed the embassy multiple times and finally this morning they changed the status to refused again but few minutes later it changed to expired.. the date of last update changed hoping it will be fixed by tomorrow or will do another inquiry.  The embassy doesnt even reply to emails. 

Same with us, the status changed into 'refused' and this month we received a letter that we are in the waiting list for the interview. Although there is still no appointment date, but it is said that they will notify us. Try sending them a written letter, because my Mom did that last March and just like that we got this great news from them. 

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hijack post removed. Please start your own thread if you have questions you want to ask.

As this thread is 2 years old and OP hasn’t logged on in a year, this thread is locked.

VJ Moderation 

Edited by powerpuff

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.