eggybreadb78

National Interest Exemption Update

83 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 hour ago, dmeister3 said:

I'm curious to know what the interview scheduling process was like prior to covid compared to what it will be once things *hopefully* smooth out in a month or two.  I wonder how far out we will have to schedule the interview once it is our turn.  Going to do some digging.  Is a bummer we can't have our fiances that have applied for a k1 visit with no 14 day 3rd country quarantine, that would have been extremely nice.

Yep, in an ideal world it would’ve been wonderful. Show your NOA1 and you’re good to go, but doesn’t surprise me that it’s only for those with the K-1 in their passport. I mean, I get why, but erghhh

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
10 hours ago, MKGHH said:

i find the part but it is written for k1 is in effect unless other exceptions apply that is redicolous

what does that mean

13 hours ago, fezlopez said:

Naples consulate updated their Immigrant Visa section.

They only added "if exception applies". lol

I think the italian website hasn't been updated yet. There is no reference at all to the April 8th memo. I'm pretty sure they will follow what the other european countries are doing (e.g. see the spanish website). For what I knew Naples hasn't been a complicated consulate for people in Milligan unlike others (Ams, London, etc.).

So i'd try and stay positive and see if things start moving. It will still take some time (because of the 1 year backlog) but looking at the statistics on the visa issuance for CR1 (they already had the NIE before) they should be able to process a decent amount of applications per month.

Timeline
10 hours ago, Sammum said:

thanks for sharing .almost all say it clearly for k1 but italy not as obvious as those i suppose

Timeline
2 hours ago, Gabe89 said:

I think the italian website hasn't been updated yet. There is no reference at all to the April 8th memo. I'm pretty sure they will follow what the other european countries are doing (e.g. see the spanish website). For what I knew Naples hasn't been a complicated consulate for people in Milligan unlike others (Ams, London, etc.).

So i'd try and stay positive and see if things start moving. It will still take some time (because of the 1 year backlog) but looking at the statistics on the visa issuance for CR1 (they already had the NIE before) they should be able to process a decent amount of applications per month.

thanks for your message. i hope they update it very clearly it is annoying even if US depatment update and say clearly they avoid saying it very clear . yes in spain it is written very obvious about k1. and as you said italy has been working on plantiffs and marriage visa category already

9 minutes ago, MKGHH said:

thanks for your message. i hope they update it very clearly it is annoying even if US depatment update and say clearly they avoid saying it very clear . yes in spain it is written very obvious about k1. and as you said italy has been working on plantiffs and marriage visa category already

Don't despair. Be patient. Plus, do you honestly expect Naples to work fast?....

Timeline
1 hour ago, MKGHH said:

no worries. Good news is Naples is already receiving cases from NVC (many consulates also not from ban countries aren't because they have too many on the backlog). second you still are at the USCIS phase so probably by the time your case gets here things will be way clearer and hopefully for you faster.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Gabe89 said:

no worries. Good news is Naples is already receiving cases from NVC (many consulates also not from ban countries aren't because they have too many on the backlog). second you still are at the USCIS phase so probably by the time your case gets here things will be way clearer and hopefully for you faster.

thank you so much. yes I think this way too and think it also depends on the number of applicants who have applied in other countries especially Asian countries which are always the crowded ones. do you mean recently Naples receive case from NVC? after April 8?

Timeline
On 4/10/2021 at 1:25 AM, Aliciawrfc said:

It’s my understanding that you won’t need a new visa issued. Since they’ve put out that all K1 visa holders fall under the exemption. Someone I know called the London embassy today about that as she’s in the same boat as you. And they told her she didn’t need an updated visa. She can proceed directly to the USA on the one already issued to her. 

I don't understand how they managed to call them and even get through to someone, when the recorded voice clearly states they don't discuss anything visa related. When you try to talk to someone you just get shut down. Hence why I've only ever been able to send emails.

Also side rant, it's great things have moved the way they have but it's not exactly happened fairly. I'm annoyed at the situations where people have got further in the process than me and others who already had their visa but needed a renewal. It is what it is but it's frustrating af, especially how some plaintiffs who were in much earlier stages have now got their visa, yet all I needed is a new stamp. Anyhow, all we can do is wait still so not much has changed in that respect. I imagine my interview will be later than those of plaintiffs but we shall see.. at least we don't need to go to another country for 14 days (which I could never do anyway cause money issues)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
1 hour ago, A&D25612 said:

Also side rant, it's great things have moved the way they have but it's not exactly happened fairly.

It all boils down to we are in a global pandemic situation. What “used to be” isn’t always safe anymore. Fairness (comparing embassies) sometimes gives way to the severity of Covid in a particular country and local covid precautions in place. Two countries with rules to mesh. And yes, there’s always been those who come up with ways to jump the queue and possibly push others back a bit in the process. Immigration has never been first come, first served. Things happen. You’ll get there, but the wait can unhinge you for sure. I hope you get sorted soon. 

Timeline
4 hours ago, MKGHH said:

thank you so much. yes I think this way too and think it also depends on the number of applicants who have applied in other countries especially Asian countries which are always the crowded ones. do you mean recently Naples receive case from NVC? after April 8?

well some cases have been sent to Naples in March this means when they want/can they already have cases to work on.

Timeline
3 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

It all boils down to we are in a global pandemic situation. What “used to be” isn’t always safe anymore. Fairness (comparing embassies) sometimes gives way to the severity of Covid in a particular country and local covid precautions in place. Two countries with rules to mesh. And yes, there’s always been those who come up with ways to jump the queue and possibly push others back a bit in the process. Immigration has never been first come, first served. Things happen. You’ll get there, but the wait can unhinge you for sure. I hope you get sorted soon. 

I'm definitely aware of that. As well as immigration was never exactly fair. But doesn't mean we can't complain about it. I also hope our cases get sorted soon. It's been over a year an a half since I've even seen my partner, and being told by london embassy that they're not dealing with K1s when they have been is getting beyond exhausting and frustrating. It doesn't take over a year to stamp a passport. 

28 minutes ago, A&D25612 said:

I'm definitely aware of that. As well as immigration was never exactly fair. But doesn't mean we can't complain about it. I also hope our cases get sorted soon. It's been over a year an a half since I've even seen my partner, and being told by london embassy that they're not dealing with K1s when they have been is getting beyond exhausting and frustrating. It doesn't take over a year to stamp a passport. 

Same here. 1.5 years and counting. I look forward to hearing some kind of update from the London Embassy. Because right now the prospects due to pandemic, bureaucracy + backlogs only tell me I might not be able to legally see him and relocate for a very, very long time.

Edited by olivia77

Timeline
11 minutes ago, olivia77 said:

Same here. 1.5 years and counting. I look forward to hearing some kind of update from the London Embassy. Because right now the prospects due to pandemic, bureaucracy + backlogs only tell me I might not be able to legally see him and relocate for a very, very long time.

This scares me as well. However, I spoke to the lawyers fronting all of this and they did say/suggest that if your case is still sitting at NVC for a long time, legal action is a way to go. If we’re sitting there, I’m gonna do that. I want to start my life with my man - K-1 in hand!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.