Carriep

K1 2021 California-India

23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello All, 

I wanted to create this forum for all of us with similar timelines. 

My first question is that I have my new case number at NVC, can I fill the DS160, pay the fees etc....or do I have to wait for official information from the embassy?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 hours ago, Carriep said:

Hello All, 

I wanted to create this forum for all of us with similar timelines. 

My first question is that I have my new case number at NVC, can I fill the DS160, pay the fees etc....or do I have to wait for official information from the embassy?

Most would recommend waiting until your case file shows "ready" on ceac 

YMMV

Timeline

I would agree to wait until ready. You can start collecting the docs needed and see what you have to fill out till then. FYI Mumbai is in a semi-lockdown during the month of April. It is better to wait until you see the Ready. I have seen some fill out ds160 when case is "in transit". I'm not sure what the repercussions (if any) would be, but I personally believe in waiting till "ready" at the bare minimum

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline

HELLO. DS160 is filled after your documents with approved petition is sent to your embassy , and after that you can start filling DS160. 

Usually people fill this form after your case is sent to your local embassy and after local embassy sends you a welcoming letter that you can start to getting ready for the interview, but I filled the form before welcoming letter because it came later. 

Edited by OlgaA

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I have a general question. I got our NOA2 on March 17. I subsequently got our case number and invoice ID number from NVC by calling a couple of times.The person I spoke to at NVC the first time I called said I should receive notice of my case number, etc, but I never did. Is it normal not to receive notice from NVC? I recently moved (shortly after getting the NOA2) and attempted to notify NVC of my change of address, but never got a response, so I hope that's not an issue?

Second question: for those who have updated their timelines to say that their application has left NVC, did you learn that just by searching here, or did you receive notice from NVC about it?

I guess I just want to make sure I'm not missing out on any info! Thanks in advance for any replies!

Timeline
14 minutes ago, joe.b said:

Hi everyone,

I have a general question. I got our NOA2 on March 17. I subsequently got our case number and invoice ID number from NVC by calling a couple of times.The person I spoke to at NVC the first time I called said I should receive notice of my case number, etc, but I never did. Is it normal not to receive notice from NVC? I recently moved (shortly after getting the NOA2) and attempted to notify NVC of my change of address, but never got a response, so I hope that's not an issue?

Second question: for those who have updated their timelines to say that their application has left NVC, did you learn that just by searching here, or did you receive notice from NVC about it?

I guess I just want to make sure I'm not missing out on any info! Thanks in advance for any replies!

You will receive an email from NVC

YMMV

Timeline
On 4/23/2021 at 1:55 PM, payxibka said:

You will receive an email from NVC

Thank you for this reply. As of today, CEAC says our case is in transit, but I still never received an email or any communication from NVC. Is this typical?

Timeline
18 minutes ago, joe.b said:

Thank you for this reply. As of today, CEAC says our case is in transit, but I still never received an email or any communication from NVC. Is this typical?

Did it just change today?  Sometimes there is a day or two delay. 

YMMV

Timeline
On 4/27/2021 at 9:00 AM, joe.b said:

Did you provide updated email addresses to NVC when you called? Did you check spam? Have you checked with beneficiary? They will receive all communication from this point

Timeline
19 hours ago, NandV said:

Did you provide updated email addresses to NVC when you called? Did you check spam? Have you checked with beneficiary? They will receive all communication from this point

Thanks for checking about this, and sorry for not updating. Yes, I did ultimately get an email from NVC. I guess I was just impatient! 🙈

Timeline

Hello all, our case is finally “ready”!! Ofcourse it’s come amidst the lockdown but we are still happy.

Can I submit my DS160 now? or wait for the welcome letter. My concern is if they are not open, will they even send it anytime soon? Also, do you think they can send it to me electronically? 

so I’m my mind, my steps are submit DS160, submit fees, keep a lookout for interview dates. Do you think I can complete my medical also now in the meantime, so only the interviews will be left? Am I missing something?

the lockdown situation is giving me serious anxiety 🥲

Timeline
20 hours ago, Carriep said:

Hello all, our case is finally “ready”!! Ofcourse it’s come amidst the lockdown but we are still happy.

Can I submit my DS160 now? or wait for the welcome letter. My concern is if they are not open, will they even send it anytime soon? Also, do you think they can send it to me electronically? 

so I’m my mind, my steps are submit DS160, submit fees, keep a lookout for interview dates. Do you think I can complete my medical also now in the meantime, so only the interviews will be left? Am I missing something?

I second these questions. My fiance's case also now says ready, which we're extremely excited about...though we're anticipating some difficulty getting certain documents amidst the lockdown.

To Carriep's question about interviews, it seems at least one person on VJ listed that they had their interview on April 30 and that it was granted (congrats!), so I take it that means some interviews are still happening despite the lockdown? Maybe K1 is now considered mission critical? If anyone has more definite info, I'd appreciate it as well!

Timeline
On 5/4/2021 at 11:14 PM, Carriep said:

You can submit your DS-160 and pay the fees so that you are ready to book an interview slot. 

Mumbai embassy is currently closed and there are no K1 interviews. They're closed through the end of May at least, so your best bet is in June. I would assume that they would rebook all the appts that were scheduled and then canceled in May in first though. 

You can try to see if there are any VAC appts available, but I doubt it as COVID cases are pretty intense in India right now.

Medical - do NOT do until you have your interview scheduled. Your visa is only valid for 6 months from the date of your medical 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.