Olaide01

help with which form to file

32 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi everyone i am new on vj and i need help to figure out which form file for my wife.... I am African America my wife is i Nigeria.

We are married last year December i am but to start filling form to file for her but i dont know which form pls help help help.!!!

Thanks for your help

Follow this guide: 

This guide is for filing the paper forms; it will look slightly different if you file online, but the documents you need to submit will be the same.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

please i am filling the for l-130A and i get stuck on Form I-130A  please which Date can i put there pls..

Part 1. Information About You (The Spouse Beneficiary)

9.a.Date From (mm/dd/yyyy)

9.b.Date To (mm/dd/yyyy)

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
37 minutes ago, Olaide01 said:

please i am filling the for l-130A and i get stuck on Form I-130A  please which Date can i put there pls..

Part 1. Information About You (The Spouse Beneficiary)

9.a.Date From (mm/dd/yyyy)

9.b.Date To (mm/dd/yyyy)

That's a continuation from the first page.  How long has your spouse lived at his/her last physical address outside the US.  Start date to today's date.  

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, Olaide01 said:

Thanks so much another question is can i fill for my twins brother together with my wife at the same time. pls advice.

Thanks

You can, brothers need a separate petition and about 15 to 20 years before a visa is available 

YMMV

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Olaide01 said:

Thanks so much another question is can i fill for my twins brother together with my wife at the same time. pls advice.

Thanks

You can file as many petitions as you like.  Every single I-130 will be a separate case.

It will take 12-18 months to petition your wife.

It will take 13-15 years or more to petition your brother.  

1 minute ago, Olaide01 said:

Thanks so much on the forml-130A it said expires 02/28/2021 is that mean i can't used it...?

As long as you download directly from USCIS, you will be using the latest form.  Ignore the expiration dates.  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Olaide01 said:

Thanks so much on the forml-130A it said expires 02/28/2021 is that mean i can't used it...?

If that's what's currently on the website,  then that's what you use.

Curious...why are you doing a K-3? 

Edited by Timona

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
Just now, aaron2020 said:

How and when did you get your green card?

Did you get a green card through marriage to a US citizen?

Was gonna ask this but you beat me to it

Edited by Timona

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.