Skyman

Military Doctor as Civil Surgeon.

8 posts in this topic

• 2 months later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Dominica
Timeline
On 4/5/2021 at 6:05 AM, Skyman said:

This may have been discussed frequently but I was able get my wife's I-693 done on base for free in the US.  Probably not the easiest way to do it but it can save some cash if desired. 

It may require some work convincing them it's allowed but I thought it was a worthwhile effort. At minimum I would at least have get the vaccine record up to snuff. I know this is probably common overseas but not sure if known in the US. 

I sent the I-693, the instructions,  and the section of USCIS code giving blanket authorization for military Drs to act as civil surgeons to her PCM through secure email. She ordered the tests to see what she'd been given as a child since she had no record, then scheduled a physical where she ordered the 2 shots she needed. After the shots we got the record and sent it to PCM who then scheduled a quick appointment to sign and seal the I-693.  The PCM is a PA as are most PCMs so she had her Dr. boss sign as civil surgeon and that was it. I'll update this if we run into any problems with it as we're taking it to the interview when and if but seems like we're set up now.

I am following your suggestion. I will let you know if it works out. Just send all the forms and highlighted portion to the PCM.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, malajoe said:

I am following your suggestion. I will let you know if it works out. Just send all the forms and highlighted portion to the PCM.

The wife has her bio Friday so should have an interview soon after and we'll give them the I-693 then.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Dominica
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Skyman said:

The wife has her bio Friday so should have an interview soon after and we'll give them the I-693 then.

Awesome. Hopefully your process moves along quickly

• 3 months later...
Timeline

The wife's GC interview was 2 days ago and we handed over the I-693.  Case was verbally approved at the interview and officially today.  I believe the delay for the official approval may have been due to the I-693 being signed by a military doctor and not listed on their list of approved civil surgeons and they had to check that out.  

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Congratulations 🥳🥳

It's perfectly normal that it takes a day or two or even a week to get the official update. Now just wait for the card in the mail and life can be kinda normal again. At least till ROC 😁😁

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Letspaintcookies said:

Congratulations 🥳🥳

It's perfectly normal that it takes a day or two or even a week to get the official update. Now just wait for the card in the mail and life can be kinda normal again. At least till ROC 😁😁

Thanks but no ROC for us. Married 12 years.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
Just now, Skyman said:

Thanks but no ROC for us. Married 12 years.

Why do I keep putting you in the K1 drawer? 😂 well that's even better.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.