Joe Kano

Thailand Phuket - Open for Tourism in July for vaccinated Tourist

25 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

You have left out an important detail in the plan above. It will only happen if Phuket manages to get 70% of their population vaccinated by that date. I have done the math based on the number of vaccines they are scheduled to receive, and the distribution schedule they have " Supposedly" come up with. It is a mathematical impossibility for them to complete the required number of vaccinations in that time frame. They only have access to a majority of the Chinese Sinovac vaccine, and that can't be used in anyone over 60. They also have rights to Astra Zeneka Vaccine that they are going to produce in Thailand starting in June at the earliest, and this vaccine is good for people over 60. 17% of the Phuket population is under 18 and not approved for the vaccine yet, 23% of the population minimum is over 60 and not eligible for the Sinovac vaccine. There is 30 % roughly that can no way get a vaccine even if they wanted. SO we are at the 70% only if every other person who is eligible gets the vaccine. 1- probably not going to get everyone else to want the vaccine, and 2- no way they will be able to get that many people vaccinated in time. The Thai government isn't that effective at vaccine distribution. Even including the private sector hospitals who are going to offer the vaccine, I don't see them hitting that number. I hope they do, My wife and I want to go back and visit her family as soon as possible, plus I have things to do for my citizenship path in Thailand, but I am planning on November for a return and not sure that is even going to happen.

And as the other poster pointed out, it seems the Philippians is a little slow to roll out their vaccine as well.

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

4 hours ago, Loren Y said:

You have left out an important detail in the plan above. It will only happen if Phuket manages to get 70% of their population vaccinated by that date. I have done the math based on the number of vaccines they are scheduled to receive, and the distribution schedule they have " Supposedly" come up with. It is a mathematical impossibility for them to complete the required number of vaccinations in that time frame. They only have access to a majority of the Chinese Sinovac vaccine, and that can't be used in anyone over 60. They also have rights to Astra Zeneka Vaccine that they are going to produce in Thailand starting in June at the earliest, and this vaccine is good for people over 60. 17% of the Phuket population is under 18 and not approved for the vaccine yet, 23% of the population minimum is over 60 and not eligible for the Sinovac vaccine. There is 30 % roughly that can no way get a vaccine even if they wanted. SO we are at the 70% only if every other person who is eligible gets the vaccine. 1- probably not going to get everyone else to want the vaccine, and 2- no way they will be able to get that many people vaccinated in time. The Thai government isn't that effective at vaccine distribution. Even including the private sector hospitals who are going to offer the vaccine, I don't see them hitting that number. I hope they do, My wife and I want to go back and visit her family as soon as possible, plus I have things to do for my citizenship path in Thailand, but I am planning on November for a return and not sure that is even going to happen.

And as the other poster pointed out, it seems the Philippians is a little slow to roll out their vaccine as well.

So you are 50/50 on them opening back up by November?  I am sure Thailand will have many more vaccinated by that time than the Philippines will by November.

I don't think Philippines will be open for tourism by November and I suspect they will still be doing quarantines upon arrival and also going to other cities.   I have tentative plans to go to Thailand in early November, and rendezvous with some friend from Philippine, I don't expect for Philippines to open up any time soon due to their slow rollout of the vaccines, the country is very backwards when it comes to doing anything that requires communication.

I booked a couple trips to Mexico this week from USA one in June and one September, airfare has increased about $400 on average this week on flights to Mexico from Texas, so it looks like the airlines are thinking things are going to start opening up for travel.

I haven't looked at flights to Asia, I have a trip booked to Philippines for May of this year, but it was rebooked from last year when they closed Philippines., I am sure they cancel the flight in May.  

5 hours ago, payxibka said:

As of April 1, 2021, only 1.3k Filipinos have been fully vaccinated compared to 60 million in the USA. 

Really isn't fair to compare US to Philippines.  

I have been really impressed how they have finally rolled out the vaccine in the USA.  Texas opened up the vaccine to everyone 16 years and older on Monday.

Signed up on Tuesday, walked into CVC Pharmacy at 5 pm on Friday, had to wait for like 2 minutes to get the first shot.

Philippines is trying to get vaccines into the country, and only getting very limited supplies.

Then the Philippines government trying to figure out how to get the people vaccinated will be another issue and I am sure they will not figure that out for a long time. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
26 minutes ago, Joe Kano said:

I have been really impressed how they have finally rolled out the vaccine in the USA.  Texas opened up the vaccine to everyone 16 years and older on Monday.

Not just Texas 

YMMV

13 hours ago, payxibka said:

Not just Texas 

I figured that, I know last month Texas was behind other states in rolling out the vaccine.

I am happy the USA got it act together and is getting the vaccine to it's people, I just hope Philippines will follow suit

End this silly pandemic around the world.  I miss traveling to Philippines.

16 hours ago, Joe Kano said:

Then the Philippines government trying to figure out how to get the people vaccinated will be another issue and I am sure they will not figure that out for a long time. 

A big issue there is what happened with the Denge vaccine.  People are not going to line up for another vaccine when they dont trust the vaccine or the government.  

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

1 hour ago, John & Rose said:

A big issue there is what happened with the Denge vaccine.  People are not going to line up for another vaccine when they dont trust the vaccine or the government.  

I just read up on the Dengue Vaccine fiasco in the Philippines, I wasn't aware of it.

Here is another problem for the Philippines, They have actually run out of vaccines now and they are also waiting for china to submit data from their phase 3 trials, which I doubt they will submit, as I assume it would not look favorable for credibility. And no way will they vaccinate 70 million by December, where are they going to get them from, they're not buying any.

On 4/5/2021 at 8:54 AM, Joe Kano said:

I just read up on the Dengue Vaccine fiasco in the Philippines, I wasn't aware of it.

Here is another problem for the Philippines, They have actually run out of vaccines now and they are also waiting for china to submit data from their phase 3 trials, which I doubt they will submit, as I assume it would not look favorable for credibility. And no way will they vaccinate 70 million by December, where are they going to get them from, they're not buying any.

I just saw a post that says they have only given vaccines to about 1,300 people so far.  At that rate (if true) they wont even make 6,000 by December...

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline

In typical Philippines fashion,  several mayors are being investigated for getting vaccinated first, instead of front line workers. 

YMMV

On 4/4/2021 at 9:27 AM, payxibka said:

As of April 1, 2021, only 1.3k Filipinos have been fully vaccinated compared to 60 million in the USA. 

But my wife's barangay has had 12 meetings for all the residents about the vaccine. Doesn't that count for something?...🤷‍♂️

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, boris64 said:

But my wife's barangay has had 12 meetings for all the residents about the vaccine. Doesn't that count for something?...🤷‍♂️

Missouri has barangays?

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Just now, payxibka said:

Missouri has barangays?

:-))) No Visa Counselors either. You are in fine form today.

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

On the topic of vaccines my wife and I have both received the required two doses. She got it a lot faster than I thought she would. We did have to travel halfway across the state to get her first dose though.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.