Jump to content

12 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi. I received an email on Thu with a new appointment date for May. Our original interview date was last year but got cancelled due to Covid. The problem I have is that the email was written by a human and just gave us the date and that instructions would soon follow. However, we still have not received the "official" interview letter which one is required to have in hand on the interview day.

 

Has anyone ever rescheduled or know of someone who has rescheduled and how they were able to get the new IL letter sent to them? I need to get that IL ASAP but because all of this is unusual because of the Covid cancelations and manual reschedul8ng, I am very concern I may not get an official IL sent to me again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WaitingInLine said:

Hi. I received an email on Thu with a new appointment date for May. Our original interview date was last year but got cancelled due to Covid. The problem I have is that the email was written by a human and just gave us the date and that instructions would soon follow. However, we still have not received the "official" interview letter which one is required to have in hand on the interview day.

 

Has anyone ever rescheduled or know of someone who has rescheduled and how they were able to get the new IL letter sent to them? I need to get that IL ASAP but because all of this is unusual because of the Covid cancelations and manual reschedul8ng, I am very concern I may not get an official IL sent to me again.

My wife got an email written as a regular email. She did not receive an official IL. She received the date and time , with an attached packet 4 which instructed her what documents to present.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Ncornejo7 said:

My wife got an email written as a regular email. She did not receive an official IL. She received the date and time , with an attached packet 4 which instructed her what documents to present.

That's interesting. The USCIS website says to bring on the day of the interview the official interview invitation letter. I am not too eager to show up at the door with just an email which doesn't even have the person's full name who wrote the email.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: F-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
9 hours ago, WaitingInLine said:

Hi. I received an email on Thu with a new appointment date for May. Our original interview date was last year but got cancelled due to Covid. The problem I have is that the email was written by a human and just gave us the date and that instructions would soon follow. However, we still have not received the "official" interview letter which one is required to have in hand on the interview day.

 

Has anyone ever rescheduled or know of someone who has rescheduled and how they were able to get the new IL letter sent to them? I need to get that IL ASAP but because all of this is unusual because of the Covid cancelations and manual reschedul8ng, I am very concern I may not get an official IL sent to me again.

I would think that would still count as an interview letter. It's still from the consulate. Does it only say the date and no time?

 

You can always email back if you don't want to wait. 

 

Do you need the IL for getting your medical done again?

 

What visa type are you? We are F3 and also had our interview canceled last year cause of covid. So I am interested to know what rescheduling is like. We will have to get our medicals done again when we get a new appointment. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, MovingToFlorida said:

I would think that would still count as an interview letter. It's still from the consulate. Does it only say the date and no time?

 

You can always email back if you don't want to wait. 

 

Do you need the IL for getting your medical done again?

 

What visa type are you? We are F3 and also had our interview canceled last year cause of covid. So I am interested to know what rescheduling is like. We will have to get our medicals done again when we get a new appointment. 

The email has the time too. Each time we have emailed them, we've had to wait at least 2 weeks to get a reply back. So 2 emails back and forth about this will cut down our time in half as our appt is only a month away.

 

We're in the immediate family category (parent of U.S. child over 21).

Edited by WaitingInLine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: F-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
10 minutes ago, WaitingInLine said:

The email has the time too. Each time we have emailed them, we've had to wait at least 2 weeks to get a reply back. So 2 emails back and forth about this will cut down our time in half as our appt is only a month away.

 

We're in the immediate family category (parent of U.S. child over 21).

I would email anyway. They may respond sooner since you have an interview booked. I would take that as your interview letter for now and start getting things ready in the meantime. They said they would send further instructions. Not your fault if they don't send anything else. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, WaitingInLine said:

That's interesting. The USCIS website says to bring on the day of the interview the official interview invitation letter. I am not too eager to show up at the door with just an email which doesn't even have the person's full name who wrote the email.

I was confused as well when we receive the email because we were expecting an official interview letter. All my wife did was show the security the email. I'm pretty sure they have a list of who's being interviewed that day so I wouldn't worry so much about the IL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Ncornejo7 said:

I was confused as well when we receive the email because we were expecting an official interview letter. All my wife did was show the security the email. I'm pretty sure they have a list of who's being interviewed that day so I wouldn't worry so much about the IL.

That's reassuring in a way. Thanks for sharing your experience.

 

My concern is that we also didn't receive any particular "instructions". The concern here would be that if anything has changed since last year (requirements because of Covid, etc.), there is no way for us to know and prepare in advance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 3/29/2021 at 4:56 AM, WaitingInLine said:

The email has the time too. Each time we have emailed them, we've had to wait at least 2 weeks to get a reply back. So 2 emails back and forth about this will cut down our time in half as our appt is only a month away.

 

We're in the immediate family category (parent of U.S. child over 21).

I'm really happy to hear that someone in the family category (parent of US Citizen) is getting scheduled.  That's the category we are waiting on as well.  Can I ask when you filed/PD is?  We filed in May/June 2019 and are on the cusp of an interview.  We did not have an original one scheduled but based on priority/progress reporting, had covid not come, would've had our interview within a few weeks/month of when lockdown happened. Thank you for your info. 


AOS

2014

July 05 - AOS package sent

July 14 - NOA 1

July 25 - Biometrics Appointment Letter

July 28 - Walk in Biometrics successful

Aug 27 - Request for Expedite on EAD (Job Offer)

Sept 12 - EAD approved and in production

Sept 12 - AP is approved but USCIS status is in 'Post Decision Activity'

Sept 18 - EAD marked as mailed

2015

April 09 - Interview - Delayed due to sealed package from civil surgeon not at local office

May 07 - GC in production

May 18 - GC in hand!!!

2017

Feb 9 - ROC 

Feb 14 - Check Cashed

Feb 16 - NOA 1

Feb 25 - Received Biometrics Appointment

2018

April 10 - N400 Application

April 29 - Biometrics

January 29 - Combo Interview / Recommendation for Approval 

February 20 - Oath Ceremony - NATURALIZED 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lights said:

I'm really happy to hear that someone in the family category (parent of US Citizen) is getting scheduled.  That's the category we are waiting on as well.  Can I ask when you filed/PD is?  We filed in May/June 2019 and are on the cusp of an interview.  We did not have an original one scheduled but based on priority/progress reporting, had covid not come, would've had our interview within a few weeks/month of when lockdown happened. Thank you for your info. 

To be honest, I don't recall when we filed since there were a couple of hiccups with expired docs that we needed to have issued again. Needless to say, I believe NVC completed the document review process in Feb or March of 2020 and the appnt was scheduled and then canceled because of Covid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, WaitingInLine said:

To be honest, I don't recall when we filed since there were a couple of hiccups with expired docs that we needed to have issued again. Needless to say, I believe NVC completed the document review process in Feb or March of 2020 and the appnt was scheduled and then canceled because of Covid.

 

Thank you.  I wanted to gauge priority.  I'm glad to hear those who have had interviews scheduled finally getting back onto the books.  We did not have one originally scheduled but were really close because we were already in DQ.  I think I'm just a few months after your initial filing so I have hope that I'll see my family sometime this year.  All the best and good luck on your interview!  I hope it's easy and your parents have a safe journey.  

 


AOS

2014

July 05 - AOS package sent

July 14 - NOA 1

July 25 - Biometrics Appointment Letter

July 28 - Walk in Biometrics successful

Aug 27 - Request for Expedite on EAD (Job Offer)

Sept 12 - EAD approved and in production

Sept 12 - AP is approved but USCIS status is in 'Post Decision Activity'

Sept 18 - EAD marked as mailed

2015

April 09 - Interview - Delayed due to sealed package from civil surgeon not at local office

May 07 - GC in production

May 18 - GC in hand!!!

2017

Feb 9 - ROC 

Feb 14 - Check Cashed

Feb 16 - NOA 1

Feb 25 - Received Biometrics Appointment

2018

April 10 - N400 Application

April 29 - Biometrics

January 29 - Combo Interview / Recommendation for Approval 

February 20 - Oath Ceremony - NATURALIZED 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Lights said:

 

Thank you.  I wanted to gauge priority.  I'm glad to hear those who have had interviews scheduled finally getting back onto the books.  We did not have one originally scheduled but were really close because we were already in DQ.  I think I'm just a few months after your initial filing so I have hope that I'll see my family sometime this year.  All the best and good luck on your interview!  I hope it's easy and your parents have a safe journey.  

 

Thank you. You too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...