2,947 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Hello, I received three 3rd party affidavits for my rfe. Two of them are abroad and due to covid they just able to sign and send me an email with their ID’s and not notarized or mail me original copy. 3rd affidavit is infected with covid so he also didn’t managed to notorize but he did sent his covid positive report along with his letter and ID. Will that work or i am missing anything here? 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
6 hours ago, Tyo said:

I have a question... it’s been 3 months I received my C31 EAD but my case hasn’t been approved yet. Is there anything I need to do or just keep waiting? Thanks 

Your case has been approved the moment I360 status changed to card being produced. I don't think there's anything you need to do, but if you don't get the approval notice soon you may want to reach out to the congressman to get a copy. The date of approval will be from when the card was produced though.

19 minutes ago, Aadi135 said:

Hello, I received three 3rd party affidavits for my rfe. Two of them are abroad and due to covid they just able to sign and send me an email with their ID’s and not notarized or mail me original copy. 3rd affidavit is infected with covid so he also didn’t managed to notorize but he did sent his covid positive report along with his letter and ID. Will that work or i am missing anything here? 

So the ones from abroad will just email you scanned signed affidavits? I would be surprised if USCIS accepted that.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Engineering-rocks said:

Your case has been approved the moment I360 status changed to card being produced. I don't think there's anything you need to do, but if you don't get the approval notice soon you may want to reach out to the congressman to get a copy. The date of approval will be from when the card was produced though.

So the ones from abroad will just email you scanned signed affidavits? I would be surprised if USCIS accepted that.

Thats is why asking because i read sandra’s response to mail them to US. It will delay my reply to uscis. Scanned affidavits with ID’s 

Timeline
8 hours ago, Evasn said:

Yes thats what I did notarized family affidavits in their native language first and then translated them here and sent that all to uscis 

Affidavits abroad, they mailed you original or email you scanned? 

23 minutes ago, Aadi135 said:

Affidavits to USCIS are supposed to be notarized...although I had about three affiants who didn’t notarize their affidavits but I suspect the reason it wasn’t any trouble was because the rest were notarized! That said I’ve read cases here were they claimed to have been approved without notarized affidavits. I’m not sure if one of your affiants sending in Covid result is necessary but hey you got to do what you got to do!🤷🏻‍♀️

Timeline
1 minute ago, Aadi135 said:

Thats is why asking because i read sandra’s response to mail them to US. It will delay my reply to uscis. Scanned affidavits with ID’s 

Yup they will likely not be accepted. If you have other solid proof then its fine, but if your heavily rely on these RFEs you have to ask them to notarize in their country and mail to you express or something.

Timeline
6 hours ago, luminarc said:

For everyone changing address with uscis, in addition to that complete a change of address with USPS as well so that mail can be forwarded to your new address, with USCIS you never know how long it takes them to process address change, at least usps can forward mail to your new address. Here is the link https://moversguide.usps.com/mgo/disclaimer?referral=UMOVE

Did it helped? I heard some mails usps do not forward. Also after a year you can not forward your mails from old to new address. Is that true? 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Affidavits to USCIS are supposed to be notarized...although I had about three affiants who didn’t notarize their affidavits but I suspect the reason it wasn’t any trouble was because the rest were notarized! That said I’ve read cases here were they claimed to have been approved without notarized affidavits. I’m not sure if one of your affiants sending in Covid result is necessary but hey you got to do what you got to do!🤷🏻‍♀️

Gosh i am in trouble. City where my both abroad witness living is under lockdown. Apart from essential services everything is closed. 

3 minutes ago, Engineering-rocks said:

Yup they will likely not be accepted. If you have other solid proof then its fine, but if your heavily rely on these RFEs you have to ask them to notarize in their country and mail to you express or something.

Yes i am really relaying on these affidavits but due to lockdown and covid infection none of my witness able to notarized letters. All are signing and emailing me from abroad and one who is here already mailed me original. 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Aadi135 said:

Gosh i am in trouble. City where my both abroad witness living is under lockdown. Apart from essential services everything is closed. 

Yes i am really relaying on these affidavits but due to lockdown and covid infection none of my witness able to notarized letters. All are signing and emailing me from abroad and one who is here already mailed me original. 

The due date on RFE - you can add 60 days to that to submit your RFE (as far as I know, maybe someone will correct). So just wait for your friend to recover from Covid to get it notarized and hope that 2 people abroad will be able to notarize it by then. Because if you rely heavily on affidavits it wouldn't make sense to send 3 which are not notarized.

10 minutes ago, Aadi135 said:

I wouldn’t say you’re in trouble.. there have been cases of approvals without notarized statements like I said before...those officers largely use discretion in adjudicating each case...that’s why every now and then there are cases approved outside of the norms! Let’s hope yours finds such favor! Stay positive and hope only for the best!🙏😊

Timeline
3 hours ago, Makanaki said:

Exactly 23 months today that I applied for VaWA. No RFE just 3 PF’s so far. 😭😭😭 I am so tired of this journey 

Patient is the key to this journey. 
you are almost there 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Tyo said:

Thanks for your response, don’t know why it’s taking this long 

Someone got his notice at 3 months, yours will be in the mail soon, sometimes when you get the notice you are really really comfortably happy.

Edited by sheima

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.