MadamEspazien

DQ with the NVC awaiting interview date

18 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Subbmited all our NVC docs. Same day got a notice that a tax paper was missing for our joint sponsor. Uploaded it and within 1 day everything was accepted we are now DQ! 

The government website says an interview date is normally given within 3 months sometimes sooner sometimes later. Whatever the case we are super thankful to have made it this far. With all the talk of delays we really expected it to be longer to even get to this point. We are 7 months from filing our I-130 currently. 

Also I have done some research on the Archival marriage certificate as well as messaged the NVC directly about it. I've discovered it is not required if your marriage is less than 2 years old at the date of interview. But the civil marriage certificate must be accompanied by an Atestasyon paper from the Archives in order to be proved authentic. Which we were able to get already thanks to help from a friend. 

Now we wait AGAIN!

Timeline
10 hours ago, MadamEspazien said:

Subbmited all our NVC docs. Same day got a notice that a tax paper was missing for our joint sponsor. Uploaded it and within 1 day everything was accepted we are now DQ! 

The government website says an interview date is normally given within 3 months sometimes sooner sometimes later. Whatever the case we are super thankful to have made it this far. With all the talk of delays we really expected it to be longer to even get to this point. We are 7 months from filing our I-130 currently. 

Also I have done some research on the Archival marriage certificate as well as messaged the NVC directly about it. I've discovered it is not required if your marriage is less than 2 years old at the date of interview. But the civil marriage certificate must be accompanied by an Atestasyon paper from the Archives in order to be proved authentic. Which we were able to get already thanks to help from a friend. 

Now we wait AGAIN!

i agree we wait again i have been dqed since oct 2020 and some others longer i wish it was 3 months and that's great you I-130 was 7months i know people filing online get approved faster than those like me that mailed mine in and after i did so they started the online filing lol. i filed mine in oct 2019. good luck to all of us and stay positive  what helps me i travel 3 times out the year i was hoping this time i would only have to travel to get my family well i just got back last month i will leave again in July. stay strong

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Justus Forever said:

i agree we wait again i have been dqed since oct 2020 and some others longer i wish it was 3 months and that's great you I-130 was 7months i know people filing online get approved faster than those like me that mailed mine in and after i did so they started the online filing lol. i filed mine in oct 2019. good luck to all of us and stay positive  what helps me i travel 3 times out the year i was hoping this time i would only have to travel to get my family well i just got back last month i will leave again in July. stay strong

❤ Bondye Konnen! That is what my Haitian family keeps reminding us. We really can't complain though 7 months in almost done collecting documents. 

I am in Haiti currently. I usually spend 8 months a year here which is nice, even though we aren't able to live in the same house yet because of fianances and logistics. 

Praying interviews speed up so we can all be with our husbands in the US before the year ends! 

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 3/16/2021 at 10:38 PM, Steph2u17 said:

Does anybody know what DQ haiti is currently interviewing ?? My Dq is may 19,2020 my nvc expedite was refused thinking of sending another one dont know if its worth it at this point. I desperately want to be near my husband at this 

The last person that I know of that had an interview was DQ'd June 2019. That was on March 19th 2021. So my guess is that they are currently interviewing DQ's from July 2019. February 2021 did not have as many interviews as January 2021 did at the embassy in Haiti. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
15 hours ago, Dcoquillon87 said:

Hi any updates 🤗

16 minutes ago, Dcoquillon87 said:

I just joined a group on what's app. Those dq dec 2019 are getting interviews in February 

that is very good to hear, I Had not seen that. No new updates on the visa journey profiles or the google doc we have. I do not read French or Creole very well so I left that group, it was a lot. My husband is on it so I will mention to him also. Good news!! Only 33 IR1s interviewed in last report. Maybe we will have one in May ? That would fit the time line of two years since DQ.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 1/19/2022 at 8:47 AM, MadamEspazien said:

Nothing new for me. We were DQ March 2021. That’s good to hear that they are almost done with 2019 though. 

DQ OCT 2020 and still waiting.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, CAP waiting said:

Interesting, it seems that Nov and Dec are getting interviews. Do you have a lawyer ?

I do not. I contacted the embassy on Friday and was told that my case was not current, hence not ready for an interview.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.