Dr. Bob

Tracking Case from NVC to Bangkok Embassy

25 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Did anyone have luck using the DHL tracking hack that is on this NOA2 tips doc?  Tried on DHL's website and by talking to a customer service representative on the phone and they couldn't find the embassy in Bangkok in their system.  I'm wondering if maybe NVC uses a different logistics provider to Thailand.

Timeline
14 hours ago, Dr. Bob said:

Did anyone have luck using the DHL tracking hack that is on this NOA2 tips doc?  Tried on DHL's website and by talking to a customer service representative on the phone and they couldn't find the embassy in Bangkok in their system.  I'm wondering if maybe NVC uses a different logistics provider to Thailand.

I will explain what is going on with that.  When the BKK embassy started requesting more K1s from the NVC, they asked for all of them at one time.  I was even surprised to see our case that just arrived at the NVC, get In-Transit to Bangkok so quickly.  You can image when they get hundreds of cases arriving at one time that they can’t all be processed upon receipt.  Therefore, they get put in a pile.  My case has been In-Transit since 2/4.  Many others have been in transit since 1/25.  Therefore, in normal times with no backlog, your idea of using DHL is legit.  But right now, they are arrived but just waiting to be processed and sitting in a large pile.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
On 3/9/2021 at 7:05 AM, Steve and Nicha said:

I will explain what is going on with that.  When the BKK embassy started requesting more K1s from the NVC, they asked for all of them at one time.  I was even surprised to see our case that just arrived at the NVC, get In-Transit to Bangkok so quickly.  You can image when they get hundreds of cases arriving at one time that they can’t all be processed upon receipt.  Therefore, they get put in a pile.  My case has been In-Transit since 2/4.  Many others have been in transit since 1/25.  Therefore, in normal times with no backlog, your idea of using DHL is legit.  But right now, they are arrived but just waiting to be processed and sitting in a large pile.

Is there a similar way to check the status of an IR1/CR1 visa?  We were DQ'd 12/16/2021 and are waiting to be scheduled for an interview at the Thai embassy in Bangkok.  I would love to know if the embassy has received our case or not.

Dave

Timeline
12 hours ago, davemcphe said:

Is there a similar way to check the status of an IR1/CR1 visa?  We were DQ'd 12/16/2021 and are waiting to be scheduled for an interview at the Thai embassy in Bangkok.  I would love to know if the embassy has received our case or not.

Dave

Yes it should be the same link.  You will just need your visa case number.

https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
On 3/15/2021 at 12:51 PM, davemcphe said:

Dave

I was DQ’d 10/1/2021 and I was scheduled and interview on 3/18/2021

Just now, Wallop said:

I was DQ’d 10/1/2021 and I was scheduled and interview on 3/18/2021

Sorry QD’d in 10/1/2020

Timeline
On 3/9/2021 at 9:05 AM, Steve and Nicha said:

I am one of those that has been in transit since 1/25. This is about as frustrating as the year long NVC wait... They should be processing by NOA2 approval date, but they are not doing that. Incredibly frustrating experience this whole thing as been..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

This is not fun.  Keep the faith, and your time will come.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline
On 3/25/2021 at 7:58 PM, kappy66 said:

I am one of those that has been in transit since 1/25. This is about as frustrating as the year long NVC wait... They should be processing by NOA2 approval date, but they are not doing that. Incredibly frustrating experience this whole thing as been..

I believe that when cases started arriving, some people were lucky enough to be put at the front of the line.  There was a glitch with the website such that when you paid the visa fee, the website would let you schedule an interview.  Now they changed the website so it asks you whether you received an email from them which I believe, for the most part, is in order.  It is very frustrating especially seeing they only processed 37 K1s in February and over twice as many non-family J1 visas.  They are supposed to make family visas the priority.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I had the same issue with not being able to track where our case was. A few days ago the embassy said it wasn't in their records, and the online status check went from "In Transit" to no info being found at all. It might just be a coincidence, but after sending emails to both the embassy and NVC about this, just yesterday our case went to "Ready" status and we received the confirmation email from the embassy. Finally!

Definitely not fun, but if you're still waiting, hope this assures you that they will get to your case eventually... 😅

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

That's great -- everybody should keep the faith!

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 3/30/2021 at 3:05 PM, Coin3 said:

...  after sending emails to both the embassy and NVC about this, just yesterday our case went to "Ready" status and we received the confirmation email from the embassy. Finally!

What embassy email address did you use?  Our case went from "In Transit" to "No Status" and has stayed in this state for a couple of weeks now and I want to follow up.  To add to the mystery, the BNK case number lookup no longer works, but the AA application ID at least returns "No Status". 

It would seem to me that whatever administrative process that caused the change from "In Transit" to "No Status" would have moved it to "Received".

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline
14 hours ago, rndz said:

What embassy email address did you use?  Our case went from "In Transit" to "No Status" and has stayed in this state for a couple of weeks now and I want to follow up.  To add to the mystery, the BNK case number lookup no longer works, but the AA application ID at least returns "No Status". 

It would seem to me that whatever administrative process that caused the change from "In Transit" to "No Status" would have moved it to "Received".

visasbkkiv@state.gov

Of course, make sure to include your case number in the email. They usually respond pretty quickly (within the day).

Timeline
7 hours ago, Coin3 said:

visasbkkiv@state.gov

Of course, make sure to include your case number in the email. They usually respond pretty quickly (within the day).

Thank-you to all my fellow BKKers.  I had this same problem and posted a question in the general forum.  Our case was showing “in-transit” and then went missing.  I even contacted the NVC and they are doing a trace.  It seems now that others are having the same problem that this is normal.  So we will keep waiting.  It brings me some relief because we thought the case was lost.  But BKK said it is not lost.  They kept telling me to refer to the CEAC website for status which is their canned response.  I kept trying to tell them that there are no records.  

Timeline
6 hours ago, Steve and Nicha said:

Thank-you to all my fellow BKKers.  I had this same problem and posted a question in the general forum.  Our case was showing “in-transit” and then went missing.  I even contacted the NVC and they are doing a trace.  It seems now that others are having the same problem that this is normal.  So we will keep waiting.  It brings me some relief because we thought the case was lost.  But BKK said it is not lost.  They kept telling me to refer to the CEAC website for status which is their canned response.  I kept trying to tell them that there are no records.  

So they are still looking for your case but you managed to get an interview appointment?

Timeline
10 hours ago, Dr. Bob said:

So they are still looking for your case but you managed to get an interview appointment?

That's what I'd like to know too!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.