Dr. Bob

Tracking Case from NVC to Bangkok Embassy

25 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
11 hours ago, kc&steph said:

That's what I'd like to know too!

An interview appointment is scheduled by either the petitioner or beneficiary, not the embassy. It is done using the ustraveldocs website.  When entering the requested information including making the visa payment, it will then take you to a screen that asks if you received an email from the embassy indicating that an interview can be scheduled.  Since my attorney received this email and forwarded to us, I answered “yes” and went ahead and scheduled the interview.  After noticing our case still said “in transit” I questioned with my attorney whether the email applied to my case.  I contacted the embassy and they said our case is not ready for an interview.  Therefore, this email is an error.  I will now need to cancel the interview.  If I didn’t cancel, the embassy will cancel themselves a few days before when they realize our case is not ready.  I hope this helps.

Timeline
10 hours ago, Steve and Nicha said:

An interview appointment is scheduled by either the petitioner or beneficiary, not the embassy. It is done using the ustraveldocs website.  When entering the requested information including making the visa payment, it will then take you to a screen that asks if you received an email from the embassy indicating that an interview can be scheduled.  Since my attorney received this email and forwarded to us, I answered “yes” and went ahead and scheduled the interview.  After noticing our case still said “in transit” I questioned with my attorney whether the email applied to my case.  I contacted the embassy and they said our case is not ready for an interview.  Therefore, this email is an error.  I will now need to cancel the interview.  If I didn’t cancel, the embassy will cancel themselves a few days before when they realize our case is not ready.  I hope this helps.

Ah that really sucks. I hope you yours gets sorted out soon! @Coin3 was just saying the current earliest available date they could schedule an interview for was 14 June. I hope I will be able to get an interview by the end of June or early July at the latest as my work visa expires 31 July and I am supposed to leave the country.

• 1 month later...

I have a question and hopefully someone can shed some light. My Fiancé and I received confirmation from NVC that our file will be forwarded to Embassy in Bangkok. that was the 4th of February 2021. At first,  while checking our case status on the CEAC website, the response was. "in transit"  then a month in, it went to " your search did not return any data" . I has now been 3 and 1/2 months and I cannot get a hold of anyone at the embassy . when I email them I get a canned response which contains no useful information.

does anyone know if it should take this long?

It has been a year and a half since we initially started our path. 

Are we the only ones waiting this long?

please anyone  we are so stressed

18 hours ago, yuca3535 said:

I have a question and hopefully someone can shed some light. My Fiancé and I received confirmation from NVC that our file will be forwarded to Embassy in Bangkok. that was the 4th of February 2021. At first,  while checking our case status on the CEAC website, the response was. "in transit"  then a month in, it went to " your search did not return any data" . I has now been 3 and 1/2 months and I cannot get a hold of anyone at the embassy . when I email them I get a canned response which contains no useful information.

does anyone know if it should take this long?

It has been a year and a half since we initially started our path. 

Are we the only ones waiting this long?

please anyone  we are so stressed

wow  just in case anyone comes across this. We just received a letter allowing us to book our interview. literally one day after posting the above. took us 3 and 1/2 months to receive any confirmation.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Our case has been In Transit for over 3 months and we have been getting the No Data result on the CEAC tracker for well over a month.  I sent an email to the embassy again this week and got the same semi-automatic reply that others have mentioned (they claim they haven't received our case yet).  I then called NVC to see if I could get some information about where our case actually is.  The woman on the line did some digging and from what she could see, our case might not have been sent to the embassy.  She explained that cases are sent from NVC to the embassy both electronically and physically by courier.  It's possible, she said, that the case was flagged as In Transit but someone forgot to click the electronic send button.  She couldn't see enough information on her end to see what really happened, so she referred our case to a supervisor.  That person is supposed to send an email to me once they have completed their investigation.  Pretty worrying if the NVC is really this incompetent

Anyway I thought I'd share this since others might be in the same boat as us.  It may be a good idea to call up the NVC hotline to do some digging.

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Our case finally went to Ready this week.  I'm not sure if it was a coincidence or not, but I did call NVC again at the beginning of the week and spoke to a Supervisor.  Received an email from NVC later that day confirming our case was sent to the embassy back in March.  Lo and behold the next day we got an email from the embassy notifying us that they were ready to proceed processing our case!  Unfortunately there are no interview appointment slots available at the moment...

Still it was a huge relief to know our case wasn't lost.  If you're in the same position as we were, don't lose hope.

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Managed to snag an interview slot for Sept 20.  There was still one more left on that day and some more available on Sept 27.  Looks like the embassy is doing K1s only on Mondays due to the latest Covid wave.

• 1 month later...
Timeline

My Step-Daughter’s IR2 Petition got approved at the NVC earlier this morning. 

Does the Embassy automatically schedule the interviews for IR2’s?

How long is it taking Petitions to get to the Embassy now? 

20 hours ago, Danny70 said:

My Step-Daughter’s IR2 Petition got approved at the NVC earlier this morning. 

Does the Embassy automatically schedule the interviews for IR2’s?

How long is it taking Petitions to get to the Embassy now? 

We got approved at NVC in March, just recent got an interview for October 19. Interview was directly scheduled by the NVC, however we are IR1 so I'm not sure if it's the same for IR2.

• 9 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.