Calimay

K-1 Documents

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

Hello, 

Our case is currently with the consulate in Athens. We are in the process of gathering documents to submit so we can schedule the interview. Does anyone know if the passport sized photos need to be printed on photo paper? Everything is still closed and my fiancé has no way of getting these unless he prints them himself :( if anyone has any suggestions it would greatly be appreciated. Thank you!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Hi, Just a quick search provided these results https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=passport+photos+athens+greece.  Since they are going to use the photos for the immigration paperwork its reported that Photos must be printed on photo quality paper. The photo quality paper can be either matte or glossy photo paper. https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/photos/frequently-asked-questions.html

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 3/8/2021 at 12:58 PM, Calimay said:

Hello, 

Our case is currently with the consulate in Athens. We are in the process of gathering documents to submit so we can schedule the interview. Does anyone know if the passport sized photos need to be printed on photo paper? Everything is still closed and my fiancé has no way of getting these unless he prints them himself :( if anyone has any suggestions it would greatly be appreciated. Thank you!

They supposed to send you a packet 3 / basically instructions in what to do and how to schedule your interview 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
21 minutes ago, Ms. Clarke said:

They supposed to send you a packet 3 / basically instructions in what to do and how to schedule your interview 

Is that what they do in Athens?  because not all consulates send a P3.

YMMV

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi,

At this page doesnt clarify if are printed or not but I doubt will be digital especially for the medical exams.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Supplements/Supplements_by_Post/ATH-Athens.html

The above page has link to the below page

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/photos.html

Applicants using Form DS-160 or Form DS-1648

If you are applying for a nonimmigrant visa by filling out the DS-160 or DS-1648 online form, the form will instruct you to upload your digital image as part of completing the online visa application form. Review the Digital Image Requirements, which also provide additional requirements if you are scanning an existing photo.

Some embassies and consulates require visa applicants to bring one (1) photo, which meets requirements, to the interview. Review the embassy or consulate instructions where you will apply to learn more.

Could you please let me know what did you do with the documents too? For lixiarxiki praxi and poiniko mitroo I see that there is no need for translation is that info correct?

Any documents that are not in English or Greek must be accompanied by an English translation. Also, you MUST provide an English translation for all court or legal documents (other than divorce documents). Translations are only accepted from the Greek Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Please visit their website for information on getting an official translation.

In addition, do you know if e-docs from gov.gr are accepted? Now poiniko mitroo (police record) can be found online and we can print on our own (has a verification number on it).

Best

Christine

Edited by cristinea2

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
5 hours ago, cristinea2 said:

Hi,

At this page doesnt clarify if are printed or not but I doubt will be digital especially for the medical exams.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Supplements/Supplements_by_Post/ATH-Athens.html

The above page has link to the below page

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/photos.html

Applicants using Form DS-160 or Form DS-1648

If you are applying for a nonimmigrant visa by filling out the DS-160 or DS-1648 online form, the form will instruct you to upload your digital image as part of completing the online visa application form. Review the Digital Image Requirements, which also provide additional requirements if you are scanning an existing photo.

Some embassies and consulates require visa applicants to bring one (1) photo, which meets requirements, to the interview. Review the embassy or consulate instructions where you will apply to learn more.

Could you please let me know what did you do with the documents too? For lixiarxiki praxi and poiniko mitroo I see that there is no need for translation is that info correct?

Any documents that are not in English or Greek must be accompanied by an English translation. Also, you MUST provide an English translation for all court or legal documents (other than divorce documents). Translations are only accepted from the Greek Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Please visit their website for information on getting an official translation.

In addition, do you know if e-docs from gov.gr are accepted? Now poiniko mitroo (police record) can be found online and we can print on our own (has a verification number on it).

Best

Christine

Hello.

All my photos were printed on glossy paper.

The only digital photo I had in my process was the one for the visa itself.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

im not sure of what amenities are available where he lives (a quick google search for cvs, walgreens etc in Greece did'nt return anything). What we did was I had my UK fiance take that appropriate picture (white background, don't smile, no shadow, etc) send it to me via email. I reformatted the picture on the Walgreens.com picture section to (4) 2x2 tiles on a 6x4 photo paper gloss. I printed 3 copies (it cost me $1.80) then cut the trim off myself. I put them in a sandwich bag (in case the letter got rained on) and then mailed them snail mail. I included enough for his medical (they wanted 4 little pictures for some reason) and 2 that the embassy required.  This is a really diy kind of way to do it, but we had to get creative with covid being an issue and not wanting to pay $15.00 per "passport picture" that walgreens offered. If he needs them in hurry (it seems you are still in the gathering phase) try looking for a print shop online that will do a few prints formatted the same way (you send them the formatted pictures). A third option is if he has a printer at home order some photo paper off amazon or similar site and format the pictures using good old microsoft work in the table function. I hope this helps, we went through a lot of diy stuff for our application and evidence. Cheers!

Timeline
On 3/28/2021 at 12:16 AM, MrsMills said:

im not sure of what amenities are available where he lives (a quick google search for cvs, walgreens etc in Greece did'nt return anything). What we did was I had my UK fiance take that appropriate picture (white background, don't smile, no shadow, etc) send it to me via email. I reformatted the picture on the Walgreens.com picture section to (4) 2x2 tiles on a 6x4 photo paper gloss. I printed 3 copies (it cost me $1.80) then cut the trim off myself. I put them in a sandwich bag (in case the letter got rained on) and then mailed them snail mail. I included enough for his medical (they wanted 4 little pictures for some reason) and 2 that the embassy required.  This is a really diy kind of way to do it, but we had to get creative with covid being an issue and not wanting to pay $15.00 per "passport picture" that walgreens offered. If he needs them in hurry (it seems you are still in the gathering phase) try looking for a print shop online that will do a few prints formatted the same way (you send them the formatted pictures). A third option is if he has a printer at home order some photo paper off amazon or similar site and format the pictures using good old microsoft work in the table function. I hope this helps, we went through a lot of diy stuff for our application and evidence. Cheers!

Thank you for these ideas! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.