EmpressDee

Withdrawal of K-1 Petition-Steps Taken

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hello VJ Forum,

I decided to shared the withdrawal process with the forum in case someone else needs to reference it. After deciding to withdrew my petition, I couldn't find much information on here and I said I would come back and share; hopefully, no one else will need it. 

The petition was submitted 20 April 2020. I contacted USCIS to inquired of the process of withdrawing the petition and here is the information needed:

In order to withdraw the petition you MUST send in a letter to request withdrawal, no need to go into details. The letter  must include yours and beneficiary full name, your address, your phone number, the Receipt Number (WAC XXXXXXXX), and the beneficiary A #, if applicable. You must sign and date the letter. 

Mail letter to the Service center that processed your case. California processed mine and the mailing address:

24000 Avila Road

2nd Fl/Room 2312

Laguna  Niguel, CA 92677.

I am waiting on receipt for the letter.

I am really grateful to this forum for being so helpful during the process of the application. I did the entire K-1 myself because of this forum, without RFI and it was approved. Just unfortunate. It is what it is. We live and learn and do better next time. I did gained a great friend from here while going through this process  (Hi! @Linneku2023 🤗) and although I am no longer in the process I will check in here and there. 

Good luck to everyone. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
3 hours ago, EmpressDee said:

Hello VJ Forum,

I decided to shared the withdrawal process with the forum in case someone else needs to reference it. After deciding to withdrew my petition, I couldn't find much information on here and I said I would come back and share; hopefully, no one else will need it. 

The petition was submitted 20 April 2020. I contacted USCIS to inquired of the process of withdrawing the petition and here is the information needed:

In order to withdraw the petition you MUST send in a letter to request withdrawal, no need to go into details. The letter  must include yours and beneficiary full name, your address, your phone number, the Receipt Number (WAC XXXXXXXX), and the beneficiary A #, if applicable. You must sign and date the letter. 

Mail letter to the Service center that processed your case. California processed mine and the mailing address:

24000 Avila Road

2nd Fl/Room 2312

I am really grateful to this forum for being so helpful during the process of the application. I did the entire K-1 myself because of this forum, without RFI and it was approved. Just unfortunate. It is what it is. We live and learn and do better next time. I did gained a great friend from here while going through this process  (Hi! @Linneku2023 🤗) and although I am no longer in the process I will check in here and there. 

Good luck to everyone. 

Hello!

We sure appreciate your sharing the procedures and, like you said, even though you’re not in the process anymore, you learned a lot from such experience. 

All the best for you. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
16 hours ago, EmpressDee said:

Hello VJ Forum,

24000 Avila Road

2nd Fl/Room 2312

Good luck to everyone. 

🤗🤗🤗

• 1 year later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Hello I hope everything is well with you. I did not want to ask this question but unfortunately I have to. My K1 visa case is taking longer than expected and we want to withdraw it and do CR1 visa instead. Please can you tell me how long it took you to get the withdraw notice after withdrawing your case? Thank you!!!

On 3/29/2022 at 1:47 AM, Emmanuel Poly said:

Hello I hope everything is well with you. I did not want to ask this question but unfortunately I have to. My K1 visa case is taking longer than expected and we want to withdraw it and do CR1 visa instead. Please can you tell me how long it took you to get the withdraw notice after withdrawing your case? Thank you!!!

Sorry why your process is taking longer, i think to do same if it takes too much time.

Thank you

On 3/7/2021 at 6:03 PM, EmpressDee said:

Hello VJ Forum,

24000 Avila Road

2nd Fl/Room 2312

Good luck to everyone. 

Thank you...  very nice letter.. ( are you from Ghana? )

• 2 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.