chiks24

Having trouble collecting Health Insurance proof/documents. Please help.

7 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

So I do not know why this is harder than it should be. Something so simple and yet I cannot find the specific documents USCIS is asking to prove we have health insurance. This is what the USCIS asks for:

Item Number 15. Health Insurance.

If you currently have health insurance, provide the following:

1. For each policy, a copy of each policy page showing the terms and type of coverage and individuals covered; or

2. Letter on the company letter head or other evidence from your health insurance company stating you are currently enrolled in health insurance and providing the terms and type of coverage; or

3. The latest Form 1095-B, Health Coverage; Form 1095-C, Employer-Provided Health Insurance Offer and Coverage (if available) with evidence of renewal of coverage for the current year.

A health insurance card is insufficient without effective and expiration dates.

If you answered “No,” to Item Number 15. proceed to Item D.

Item A. Indicate whether or not you have received a Premium Tax Credit or Advanced Premium Tax Credit Tax Credit for your health insurance. Provide a transcript copy of the IRS Form 8963 Report of Health Insurance Provider Information, Form 8962 Premium Tax Credit (PTC), and a copy of Form 1095A, Health Insurance Marketplace Statement.

I currently have Molina through the Marketplace. I have none of the above mentioned. Both Marketplace and Molina were unable to help.

We also did not have health insurance last year so we do not have a Form 1095-A and the other forms mentioned.

What I do have:

• Health insurance cards (with no termination date)
  • Portal on Molina website that shows summary of benefits, generic "agreement and evidence of coverage" (with no names or dates), schedule of benefits (with no names or dates), etc.
  • Payment history

What do I do? Should I just print out the Molina webpage that states our effective and end dates and the coverage? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Quick google suggests Molina handles Medicaid situations?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Quick google suggests Molina handles Medicaid situations?

Not sure what you're asking but I do not have Medicaid. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

My provider also does not have an official form that covers all the requirements (i.e. explains coverage AND lists your name or ID number). I plan to just submit the Summary of Benefits form they have on their portal and I also got a letter of eligibility that states my coverage is active along with my card and the most recent 1095B/C I was sent. Maybe it's a good idea to send a printout of that webpage you mention. The information they want does not exist in a single form so their ridiculous requests deserve a ridiculous solution. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, catmom said:

My provider also does not have an official form that covers all the requirements (i.e. explains coverage AND lists your name or ID number). I plan to just submit the Summary of Benefits form they have on their portal and I also got a letter of eligibility that states my coverage is active along with my card and the most recent 1095B/C I was sent. Maybe it's a good idea to send a printout of that webpage you mention. The information they want does not exist in a single form so their ridiculous requests deserve a ridiculous solution. 

Appreciate your comment! And totally agree, it is so ridiculous that you have to go to such great lengths to prove you have health insurance. Just a copy of the insurance card should have sufficed as proof.

We printed a screenshot of the webpage that listed me as a member on my husband's plan with effective and expiration dates and deductible amounts. We also got a letter from HR confirming the plan and deductible amounts.  

March 2019: Married, Filed I-130 in April 2019

AOS: Filed June 10, 2020, Received June 13, 2020, Cheque cashed July 16

(I-130 approved in Oct 2019 because we were originally doing consular CR-1 processing)
NOAs July 24 (dated July 17) 2020
Biometrics Jan 7, 2021 (notice dated Dec 12, received Dec 22)
Case updated to 'Interview Scheduled' (Jan 19, 2021, received letter Jan 25)

February 24! Interview! New Card being produced!

Feb 25, 2021: Case approved.

March 1, 2021: Card was mailed

March 4, 2021: Green Card Received! 🥳

March 25, 2021: SSN Application
March 29, 2021: Received SSN
Dec 5, 2022: I-751 ROC Delivered to Lockbox

Timeline
8 hours ago, KAP2019 said:

We printed a screenshot of the webpage that listed me as a member on my husband's plan with effective and expiration dates and deductible amounts. We also got a letter from HR confirming the plan and deductible amounts.  

I sent it in on Friday. I printed out screenshots of the webpage from Marketplace as well as Molina, our health insurance IDs, summary of benefits, etc. I hope it's enough because there is no way I had any of those forms mentioned in the instructions.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.