J&D1008

March 2021 K1 I-129F filers

2,472 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
38 minutes ago, Juan&Rocio said:

Hellooooo.... just want to confirm that your filing fee was $535 right ? I saw 8 cases on the tracker get rejected for incorrect fee and I looked it up in the uscis site and it says $535 but in some it said $510!

Oh i forgot to answer that.  Yes it was $535 as of January 14th.  You can always go on the USCIS site to make sure because it will say under 129F

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
54 minutes ago, Keithn85 said:

Oh i forgot to answer that.  Yes it was $535 as of January 14th.  You can always go on the USCIS site to make sure because it will say under 129F

thanks a lot keith ..... i just freaked out when i used the case tracker last night and saw 8 rejected due to fees! I didnt know what to think.... I sent my app on march 8th and they signed for it on the 10th.... So I am just hoping everything goes well... I feel like everyday that goes by is one day less.... I am currently living in Colombia I dont know what I would do if they rejected my application and had to fly back to take care of it. 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Juan&Rocio said:

thanks a lot keith ..... i just freaked out when i used the case tracker last night and saw 8 rejected due to fees! I didnt know what to think.... I sent my app on march 8th and they signed for it on the 10th.... So I am just hoping everything goes well... I feel like everyday that goes by is one day less.... I am currently living in Colombia I dont know what I would do if they rejected my application and had to fly back to take care of it. 

Hey completely understandable!  Did you sign up for the text notification?  Is there someone at the address?  If so and they did not receive anything by actually this week (i did the math as i was typing this) then you are safe from a fee thing.  Or if you didnt receive a text notification, then you are safe.  Because it normally takes 5-10 business days for you to receive the payment rejection notification.  They dont want you to wait a couple months and find that out.  So I would say if nothing was received, you are good to go.  And you have a 1-2 month wait for the NOA-1.  Hang in there and enjoy your time for sure.  Know that the NOA-1 will have any next steps they require of you. (mine said to look for any future correspondences but nothing further)  Then once you receive the WAC #, you can track it from where you are via the online USCIS case status

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Keithn85 said:

Hey completely understandable!  Did you sign up for the text notification?  Is there someone at the address?  If so and they did not receive anything by actually this week (i did the math as i was typing this) then you are safe from a fee thing.  Or if you didnt receive a text notification, then you are safe.  Because it normally takes 5-10 business days for you to receive the payment rejection notification.  They dont want you to wait a couple months and find that out.  So I would say if nothing was received, you are good to go.  And you have a 1-2 month wait for the NOA-1.  Hang in there and enjoy your time for sure.  Know that the NOA-1 will have any next steps they require of you. (mine said to look for any future correspondences but nothing further)  Then once you receive the WAC #, you can track it from where you are via the online USCIS case status

your the best ... Yes I used my best friends home as my mailing address..... He hasn't received anything. So the WAC number isnt received when you get a NOA-1? I hired an attorney to do the app for me so I feel confident about my paperwork. I just dont know to much about the details between noa-1 noa-2 and how they would contact my fiance(email,call,snail mail?) Thanks for your correspondence Keith 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

I see that USCIS cashed the check sent with my application. I did not sign up for text notifications. The attorneys on my case did not inform me of that. Smh. Anywho, i have not recieved anything in the mail no receipt as of yet. Has anyone else recieve recipet in the mail? This is making me so anxious.

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Juan&Rocio said:

your the best ... Yes I used my best friends home as my mailing address..... He hasn't received anything. So the WAC number isnt received when you get a NOA-1? I hired an attorney to do the app for me so I feel confident about my paperwork. I just dont know to much about the details between noa-1 noa-2 and how they would contact my fiance(email,call,snail mail?) Thanks for your correspondence Keith 

So basically with the NOA-1, that is where your WAC # is issued.  Think of the WAC as california's service center receipt for you.  Just like if you went to a restaurant and the receipt is specific with that restaurant # or something like that.  I say WAC because most normal cases go there.
For you, once the address receives the NOA-1, have them scan it for you to see what you require (if anything ) and then you also have the WAC # on there.  the NOA-1 is a Form I-797C Notice of action.  And the notice type says "receipt" then the receipt number is your case # (mine is WACXXXXXXXXXX +/- X's because I am typing this with coffee at my side).  
For any biometrics or anything they require, that will be on that notice or any other future notices (including the NOA-2 after months of waiting).  
I think i answered everything, but let me know if this is confusing.  I am going to pull some info on my lunch break for you and paste it in here so you can see.  

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Keithn85 said:

I am going to pull some info on my lunch break for you and paste it in here so you can see.  

This is all stuff that @Greenbaum would normally post on each month of I-129F filers.  But I think he is taking time off.  These links helped me.  And this gives you a better idea of the process.  Some of the stuff might seem outdated, but again, it gives you a better idea.

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/K1_Process_V11.pdf
https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/681798-august-2018-i-129f-filers/?do=findComment&comment=9558550
126C5E0C-2AEB-4B73-8680-7B62622C6113.jpeg.a51e82d1c2cdba251f8baab818bcb6e2.jpeg.53f2858978e9b62615476c1af4b4c109.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
1 hour ago, Juan&Rocio said:

Hi . I’m just curious . How do you use the case tracker to see this information. Could you walk me through? I have the case tracker app but nothing shows on there. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Marquise007 said:

Hi . I’m just curious . How do you use the case tracker to see this information. Could you walk me through? I have the case tracker app but nothing shows on there. 

Hello I just plugged in this number someone gave me well it was smaller I just used bigger numbers . So on the app on the bottom hit search. Type this number in for case WAC2190046720 and then putt 500 next to that where it says query . Run the search and you can see receipt dates and what not 

Timeline
1 hour ago, HaitianQueen94 said:

I see that USCIS cashed the check sent with my application. I did not sign up for text notifications. The attorneys on my case did not inform me of that. Smh. Anywho, i have not recieved anything in the mail no receipt as of yet. Has anyone else recieve recipet in the mail? This is making me so anxious.

If they cashed it today, give it about 5-10 business days for the paper copy to arrive.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
22 minutes ago, Juan&Rocio said:

Hello I just plugged in this number someone gave me well it was smaller I just used bigger numbers . So on the app on the bottom hit search. Type this number in for case WAC2190046720 and then putt 500 next to that where it says query . Run the search and you can see receipt dates and what not 

Right. Thanks 😊 

Timeline
1 minute ago, HaitianQueen94 said:

No, it was cash on 03/15/2021.

Yeah my text arrival was the monday after my monetary amount was cashed (i sent a money order but did not check its status) which was on a saturday.  I received my NOA-1 in the mail the following week, 9 days after the case # was created.  I would maybe sign up for USPS mail notifications where they send you an email each day to show scanned mail.  That helped me see.  I did it every time i moved for a job so I was already signed up for my current address.

Timeline
21 hours ago, Keithn85 said:

Yeah my text arrival was the monday after my monetary amount was cashed (i sent a money order but did not check its status) which was on a saturday.  I received my NOA-1 in the mail the following week, 9 days after the case # was created.  I would maybe sign up for USPS mail notifications where they send you an email each day to show scanned mail.  That helped me see.  I did it every time i moved for a job so I was already signed up for my current address.

I use that feature! This morning I checked and saw that i got a letter from USCIS. And i have recieved the reciept notice. My NOA1 is Feburary 1, 2021. The notice date is March 15th! I am soooo happy!

Timeline
On 3/24/2021 at 2:19 PM, Juan&Rocio said:

Can I use any case tracking app? I see many when I go to the app store.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.