manofdahour

I-130 Visa For Brother and Sister

15 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

Need help! I applied and both applications for my brother and sister was received in September 2013, as of February 2021 both Cases were approved and sent to the NVC. What are the next steps? How long more will this process take?  

See table A, visas are only currently available for sibling cases filed before 22 October 2006 https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-bulletin/2021/visa-bulletin-for-march-2021.html

I'd also guesstimate about another 8 years to go. These categories tend to go slower in the future than they have gone in the past as the waiting lists keep growing and they cannot issue more than a certain quota per year.

When it's closer to them being issued visas NVC will contact you and them for the required documents to be able to schedule an interview

Edited by SusieQQQ

45 minutes ago, manofdahour said:

Need help! I applied and both applications for my brother and sister was received in September 2013, as of February 2021 both Cases were approved and sent to the NVC. What are the next steps? How long more will this process take?  

You still have about another 10 years of waiting. That is how long sibling visas take.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

9 minutes ago, manofdahour said:

What about the Visa Bulletin for IR5 Visa? Where are they at with that? 

Visa bulletin is not relevant for IR categories, visas are immediately available for them (the only wait is approval + scheduling wait time).

• 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, manofdahour said:

Also with the FB-4 Visa what is the cutoff age for my brother and sister's children?

It is an adjusted age, their actual age less the time between filing the petition and uscis approving it must be less than 21. And they have to stay unmarried. So in your case (you’d need the exact dates) from sept 2013 to feb 2021 this is approx 7.5 years, if their actual age is still under 28.5 they should be ok, again you need to work with exact dates and the adjusted age needs to be under 21.

Timeline
On 3/19/2021 at 10:25 AM, SusieQQQ said:

It is an adjusted age, their actual age less the time between filing the petition and uscis approving it must be less than 21. And they have to stay unmarried. So in your case (you’d need the exact dates) from sept 2013 to feb 2021 this is approx 7.5 years, if their actual age is still under 28.5 they should be ok, again you need to work with exact dates and the adjusted age needs to be under 21.

Ok as of right now there's one that is 25 years old. Will he be able to come when the NVC issue the VISA? Let's say they do in the next 7-8 years at which he will be 32-33 then?

24 minutes ago, manofdahour said:

Ok as of right now there's one that is 25 years old. Will he be able to come when the NVC issue the VISA? Let's say they do in the next 7-8 years at which he will be 32-33 then?

NVC does not issue visas.

21 minutes ago, manofdahour said:

Um...did you read the post you answered? Which gave an approximate cutoff age?

Timeline
On 3/26/2021 at 11:49 PM, SusieQQQ said:

Um...did you read the post you answered? Which gave an approximate cutoff age?

sorry was confused. I see the cut of age is 28.5 no matter what, correct?

Timeline

Question for the affidavit of support for my brother and sister, I have to submit one for each? Also I think I will need a cosponsor what form do they need to fill out? Is that the correct affidavit for I-130 sponsoring siblings below?

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/forms/i-864.pdf

1 hour ago, manofdahour said:

Question for the affidavit of support for my brother and sister, I have to submit one for each? Also I think I will need a cosponsor what form do they need to fill out? Is that the correct affidavit for I-130 sponsoring siblings below?

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/forms/i-864.pdf

You won't need to worry about any of this for many years.  Financial situations can change a lot on 8-10 years, which is why those forms are not submitted at this point.  The forms themselves, and possibly even the rules around sponsorship will be totally different.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.