LaLaRI

Has anyone applied for the removal of condition on their green card lately?

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

How has the process been since this whole Covid situation? Did you get your permanent green card timely before it expired?? Within the 90days of filing?? 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
14 minutes ago, LaLaRI said:

How has the process been since this whole Covid situation? Did you get your permanent green card timely before it expired?? Within the 90days of filing?? 

ROC is taking a  very long time.  Many times people are getting citizenship before i751 is getting done. 

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

17 minutes ago, LaLaRI said:

i-751 takes a least one year.

N400

12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

Timeline
14 minutes ago, payxibka said:

ROC is taking a  very long time.  Many times people are getting citizenship before i751 is getting done. 

So how does that work? Sorry should’ve clarified. We did K1 visa and his 2 year green card expires next January. So if  it’s taking about or more than a year how will his status be here? And would he still be able to work?

12 minutes ago, NancyNguyen said:

i-751 takes a least one year.

2 minutes ago, LaLaRI said:

So how does that work? Sorry should’ve clarified. We did K1 visa and his 2 year green card expires next January. So if  it’s taking about or more than a year how will his status be here? And would he still be able to work?

He is still green card holder, file i-751 and they will send him an extension letter for 18 months.

N400

Timeline
8 minutes ago, LaLaRI said:

Doesn't matter what your original path was.  Process is agonizingly long.  When you file the i751 and you get an automatic 18 month extension. 

YMMV

Timeline
8 minutes ago, NancyNguyen said:

He is still green card holder, file i-751 and they will send him an extension letter for 18 months.

2 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Doesn't matter what your original path was.  Process is agonizingly long.  When you file the i751 and you get an automatic 18 month extension. 

Gotttt it!! Missed that information. Never knew that. Thank you both!! Btw would either of you know if we need to send a notification somewhere for him if we have a change of address?? Still the Same state and county 

Just now, LaLaRI said:

Gotttt it!! Missed that information. Never knew that. Thank you both!! Btw would either of you know if we need to send a notification somewhere for him if we have a change of address?? Still the Same state and county 

AR-11 you can do it online.

N400

Timeline
Just now, LaLaRI said:

Form AR11 for him.  Form i865 for you as sponsor 

YMMV

3 hours ago, LaLaRI said:

how will his status be here? And would he still be able to work?

Only an Immigration Judge can revoke his status.

For his current employer, they shouldn't ask for new documents: https://www.uscis.gov/i-9-central/complete-correct-form-i-9/completing-section-3-reverification-and-rehires

Employers should not reverify:

• U.S. citizens and noncitizen nationals
  • Lawful permanent residents who presented a Form I-551, Permanent Resident or Alien Registration Receipt card for Section 2. This includes conditional residents.
  • List B documents

We did K1 a few years ago,  After we filed to adjustment of status wife did biometrics.

Never did a interview for her 2 year green card, never had an interview for her 10 year greencard.

She filed for US citizenship last year, we got a letter last month saying no need to come in for biometrics.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 hours ago, LaLaRI said:

Filing for ROC (I-751) then when eligible filing the N-400 for citizenship before ROC is approved?

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
1 hour ago, Hank_ said:

Filing for ROC (I-751) then when eligible filing the N-400 for citizenship before ROC is approved?

Got it! It’s still 5 years right if I remember correctly right?

Timeline
3 minutes ago, LaLaRI said:

Got it! It’s still 5 years right if I remember correctly right?

3 years if based on marriage to a USC

YMMV

It took seven months for us last year.  We filed in February last year, and it was complete in September.  However, those filing after us has had significantly longer wait times. 

The good news is that you can still file for citizenship with a pending ROC at the three year mark.   

Finally done.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.