Egonzalez

February 2021 N-400 filers (edited title)

1,132 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, Coco&Kitten said:

I had my interview 9 months ago, still nothing!  I called several times and they couldn't give me any info.  I contacted my Senator, and apparently my A-file is at the Federal Records Center and USCIS has not received it yet to continue with the decision, very weird.

What field office did you filed in?

Mine is Denver office. The officer on my case said that I have 2 A numbers. And he needs time to combine the files in order for them to make a decision. Technically they need to give the decision with in 120 days of interview. Just crazy. No one is accountable here. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
1 hour ago, shugi123 said:

Mine is Denver office. The officer on my case said that I have 2 A numbers. And he needs time to combine the files in order for them to make a decision. Technically they need to give the decision with in 120 days of interview. Just crazy. No one is accountable here. 

Ha, I'm in Denver too. And exactly what they told me, that I had an earlier case (meaning a previous J1 visa) and they had to review it in order to make a decision.  In my case they did not mention the 2 A numbers, but that might be the case too, I have been wondering about this.

I am way over the 120 days, so yeah no one is accountable for that it seems.

Hey! Does anyone have experience with afternoon interviews? I just got scheduled for 2:30pm in the San Francisco office. I heard they usually do same day oath ceremonies, they either do it right after the interview or call you back in the afternoon. But what if your interview is already in the afternoon?

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

So, it is February again, it has been a year!

Anybody else waiting for interviews or decisions to be made yet?

Timeline

Same for me, still waiting, no news. The "estimated" time for decision of my case on the USCIS website went from 3 months to 7 last Friday. Not sure why, very frustrating because that 3 month estimation was on par with my GC expiration so i was hoping to be done without having to renew GC or call for stamp. Now i'll have to figure out what to do.  

I just had my interview today at the San Francisco field office.

We started with the reading / writing and civics test part. Then we went through the whole application. I applied based on the 3 year rule so there were lots of questions about my husband and I. For example what do we do for holidays or at the part where my international travels were listed if we traveled together. Then the IO asked the eligibility questions. The whole interview was about 45 minutes. The IO was kind and thorough.

My interview was in the afternoon and it looked like they weren't doing same day oath ceremonies. My case was recommended for approval on the spot. I was asked to go back to the waiting area and soon after that someone handed me a "Notice of Naturalization Oath Ceremony". My ceremony will be next week. Overall it was a very pleasant and smooth experience.

Good luck to everyone still waiting!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
On 2/14/2022 at 6:33 AM, Mauricokito said:

Same for me, still waiting, no news. The "estimated" time for decision of my case on the USCIS website went from 3 months to 7 last Friday. Not sure why, very frustrating because that 3 month estimation was on par with my GC expiration so i was hoping to be done without having to renew GC or call for stamp. Now i'll have to figure out what to do.  

Mine went from 3 months to 7 months as well. Outrageous.

Timeline

Today, on 2-22-22 I had one of the most memorable days in my life.  I am finally a US citizen!! 

I also had the pleasure to meet our Senator in person!

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/22/2022 at 4:34 PM, Coco&Kitten said:

Today, on 2-22-22 I had one of the most memorable days in my life.  I am finally a US citizen!! 

I also had the pleasure to meet our Senator in person!

Thats great news!! Congratulations! So what did you do? I'm still waiting. It's been almost 6 months since I had my interview. 

Timeline
46 minutes ago, shugi123 said:

Thats great news!! Congratulations! So what did you do? I'm still waiting. It's been almost 6 months since I had my interview. 

I contacted Senator Bennet and they put a request to get my A-file apparently.  Took more than 9 months in my case from interview to oath.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Guido51 said:

im february 2021 and still stuck at "biometrics"

anyone in similar situation? any thoughts what i should do? :(

Same here. Have you checked the estimated processing times for your location? I contacted my Senator and I recommend you do the same. Just Google your location + “senator uscis” and it should pop up. This might help you get some sort of status update.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.